We stayed at the hotel as we were visiting Peppa Pig World for my son's third birthday and had seen that the hotel had been taken over by a child friendly hotel group. Stayed in room number 1 which was a lovely suite with a lot of space. Even if some of the room (in particular the bathroom) was a little tired, i would caution the new owners against modernising too much. The whole point in staying in a hotel which is hundreds of years old is that the floorboards should squeak and the plumbing should be a little unreliable. I would hate to come back to find Next wallpaper and ikea furniture everywhere! It was a very hot day and so sleep was a little disturbed (But anyone who complains about a lack of aircon in a building like this wants shooting!!) The food was excellent, the staff were always helpful (Steve, Lee, Claire and evrybody else) and the little one was very well looked after (including a birthday cake made by the hotel delivered to our table at breakfast with all the staff singing him a Happy Birthday). There are indoor and outdoor pools as well as lots of toys for little people. Will definitely be back but hope that the new owners modernise it in keeping with the property's history.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to New Park Manor, a luxury family and dog friendly spa hotel in the New Forest. Relax in our spa, play croquet on the lawn, enjoy afternoon tea on the terrace or some family time in our gardens. New Park Manor offers the perfect destination for anyone wishing to explore and appreciate the unique mosaic of woodland, heathland and wetland that comprise the ancient landscape of the New Forest. The New Forest, Britain's most popular national park, was created by William the Conqueror in 1079 as a royal hunting area. In 1611, King Charles II chose New Park Manor as his favourite hunting lodge and his royal coat of arms is still displayed prominently above the fireplace in our award-winning Stag Restaurant. New Park Manor was carefully adapted for use as a country house hotel with 25 bedrooms and opened in 1970. Interesting details such as acorns and oak leaf patterned doors and original furniture and fireplaces can still be seen throughout the building. These commemorate the debt owed by King Charles to the oak tree which hid him from Cromwell's men on his escape to France in 1651. Today, New Park Manor is a beautiful, stylish country hotel, where the traditions of days gone by still live on and many original features can still be seen around the hotel. Bedrooms range from the splendor of our Muntjac our signature Family Suite to the contemporary style of our Forest rooms. Over recent years, our facilities have expanded to include a heated outdoor pool, croquet lawn, and our award-winning Spa which included a heated indoor pool and outdoor Canadian hot tub overlooking the New Forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your New Park Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Park Manor Hotel Brockenhurst
- Country Hotel Brockenhurst
- Country Hotel New Park Manor
- New Park Manor Brockenhurst, New Forest