This revamp of an old De Vere hotel still has some way to go to make it top notch, although it was a good enough place for a stopover. The inauspicious entrance to this hotel creates a disappointing first impression and belies a much more stylish interior. The bedrooms, cosy as forewarned, and communal rooms have been done to a high contemporary standard and are really well stocked: the bathroom had copious amounts of Elemis products, an abundant supply of towels and the beds were really very comfortable. We could have done with a fridge and safe however and the noise from the other rooms was disturbing, the children on the other side and above could be heard clearly through the night and early in the morning, stomp, stomp, stomp! The food was great at breakfast but disappointing at dinner. The chateaubriand was really quite odd to taste and we had to leave it. The hotel did remove the £10 supplement for the beef but we still paid a handsome price for the course for two nonetheless. The restaurant also lacked atmosphere, people were talking in hushed tones so as not to be overheard. Come breakfast we were greeted rather rudely by a prim waitress announcing we were too early - at 7.25 - only to be followed in by three other families. It was odd given that other people were already in the restaurant eating and so we wondered if it was really too early for the waitress and not breakfast! Our only other disappiointment was the outdoor pool. On this the hotest weekend of the year so far, we were really looking forward to the morning in the outdoor pool with the kids. It was aged, small and looked dirty on the bottom. It is certainly one area in need of a revamp and was cleverly photographed so you couldn't see the fabric of it from the website. Despite being happy instead to go inside, the indoor pool was like a bath so not ideal given the weather. In all it did the job for a stopover, redeeming itself with the quality of the bedrooms and the comfort of the beds. Other than the morning waitress, the staff were all very friendly and the receptionist was charming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to New Park Manor, a luxury family and dog friendly spa hotel in the New Forest. Relax in our spa, play croquet on the lawn, enjoy afternoon tea on the terrace or some family time in our gardens. New Park Manor offers the perfect destination for anyone wishing to explore and appreciate the unique mosaic of woodland, heathland and wetland that comprise the ancient landscape of the New Forest. The New Forest, Britain's most popular national park, was created by William the Conqueror in 1079 as a royal hunting area. In 1611, King Charles II chose New Park Manor as his favourite hunting lodge and his royal coat of arms is still displayed prominently above the fireplace in our award-winning Stag Restaurant. New Park Manor was carefully adapted for use as a country house hotel with 25 bedrooms and opened in 1970. Interesting details such as acorns and oak leaf patterned doors and original furniture and fireplaces can still be seen throughout the building. These commemorate the debt owed by King Charles to the oak tree which hid him from Cromwell's men on his escape to France in 1651. Today, New Park Manor is a beautiful, stylish country hotel, where the traditions of days gone by still live on and many original features can still be seen around the hotel. Bedrooms range from the splendor of our Muntjac our signature Family Suite to the contemporary style of our Forest rooms. Over recent years, our facilities have expanded to include a heated outdoor pool, croquet lawn, and our award-winning Spa which included a heated indoor pool and outdoor Canadian hot tub overlooking the New Forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your New Park Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Park Manor Hotel Brockenhurst
- Country Hotel Brockenhurst
- Country Hotel New Park Manor
- New Park Manor Brockenhurst, New Forest