Frazzled parents, Friday night, kids hot and bothered and we had to get in the car from London to travel to the New Forest. No one was really in the mood but we got the air con on and the games turned on their technology and off we went. Fast forward 90 minutes, a smooth journey from London and hey presto - we entered into the bubble that was New Park Manor, a place where both kids AND parents had an equally great time.
As a family of five we stayed in the Henry room which was nicely decorated and had enough space for us all to chill. The parents' room had a stunning view over the garden and onto the pool.
Our 48 hours felt longer as we all chilled. I had a great massage and facial in the hotel's lovely spa and the children played in the outdoor heated pool with their new found friends.
We all dined together but the kids went off and played in between courses - and they had the safely and freedom to as the ground are all gated. They was LOTS for them to do- onsite crèche was spot on for 4 year old (top staff, lots to do, big space); badminton, croquet and the trampoline was a big hit for all. Outdoor swimming pool was PERFECT in the heat at the weekend and we all got in and played - was like being in the med!
Had great fish and chips and hubby had lovely plaice (all bought locally) and kids ate everything they were given.
When we dined outside, there was often little birds sitting on the tops of the chairs nearby which amused my 4 year old - and many a time my two eldest girls zoomed off to chase the many butterflies that were fluttering around.
Steve, the hotel manager, couldn't have been nicer. All in all a top break and one I'd def recommend.
Only complaint was that we weren't there long enough. Wld love to go back and reckon Xmas and New Year wld be lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to New Park Manor, a luxury family and dog friendly spa hotel in the New Forest. Relax in our spa, play croquet on the lawn, enjoy afternoon tea on the terrace or some family time in our gardens. New Park Manor offers the perfect destination for anyone wishing to explore and appreciate the unique mosaic of woodland, heathland and wetland that comprise the ancient landscape of the New Forest. The New Forest, Britain's most popular national park, was created by William the Conqueror in 1079 as a royal hunting area. In 1611, King Charles II chose New Park Manor as his favourite hunting lodge and his royal coat of arms is still displayed prominently above the fireplace in our award-winning Stag Restaurant. New Park Manor was carefully adapted for use as a country house hotel with 25 bedrooms and opened in 1970. Interesting details such as acorns and oak leaf patterned doors and original furniture and fireplaces can still be seen throughout the building. These commemorate the debt owed by King Charles to the oak tree which hid him from Cromwell's men on his escape to France in 1651. Today, New Park Manor is a beautiful, stylish country hotel, where the traditions of days gone by still live on and many original features can still be seen around the hotel. Bedrooms range from the splendor of our Muntjac our signature Family Suite to the contemporary style of our Forest rooms. Over recent years, our facilities have expanded to include a heated outdoor pool, croquet lawn, and our award-winning Spa which included a heated indoor pool and outdoor Canadian hot tub overlooking the New Forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and Agoda so you can book your New Park Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Park Manor Hotel Brockenhurst
- Country Hotel Brockenhurst
- Country Hotel New Park Manor
- New Park Manor Brockenhurst, New Forest