“Heaven for kids AND parents”
Review of New Park Manor

New Park Manor
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Brockenhurst
London, United Kingdom
“Heaven for kids AND parents”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Frazzled parents, Friday night, kids hot and bothered and we had to get in the car from London to travel to the New Forest. No one was really in the mood but we got the air con on and the games turned on their technology and off we went. Fast forward 90 minutes, a smooth journey from London and hey presto - we entered into the bubble that was New Park Manor, a place where both kids AND parents had an equally great time.
As a family of five we stayed in the Henry room which was nicely decorated and had enough space for us all to chill. The parents' room had a stunning view over the garden and onto the pool.
Our 48 hours felt longer as we all chilled. I had a great massage and facial in the hotel's lovely spa and the children played in the outdoor heated pool with their new found friends.
We all dined together but the kids went off and played in between courses - and they had the safely and freedom to as the ground are all gated. They was LOTS for them to do- onsite crèche was spot on for 4 year old (top staff, lots to do, big space); badminton, croquet and the trampoline was a big hit for all. Outdoor swimming pool was PERFECT in the heat at the weekend and we all got in and played - was like being in the med!
Had great fish and chips and hubby had lovely plaice (all bought locally) and kids ate everything they were given.
When we dined outside, there was often little birds sitting on the tops of the chairs nearby which amused my 4 year old - and many a time my two eldest girls zoomed off to chase the many butterflies that were fluttering around.
Steve, the hotel manager, couldn't have been nicer. All in all a top break and one I'd def recommend.

Only complaint was that we weren't there long enough. Wld love to go back and reckon Xmas and New Year wld be lovely.

1 Thank mazzab123
Steve F, General Manager at New Park Manor, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review. I am so pleased to read that you and your family had such a great time with us, and made full use of the facilities whilst with us. It's always a great feeling for me to read comments such as yours and knowing that the team are working hard, and in the right direction to ensure that all of our guests, both young and even younger, have a great experience and leave wanting to come back again. I do hope that you will all be able to come and visit over what will be your most magical Christmas ever!
Steve & the Team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Cowes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We spent 4 days at the Hotel and had a fantastic time. The staff are brilliant, and nothing is too much trouble for them.

It is particularly good for families, and the children have loads to entertain them; indoor pool, outdoor pool, trampoline, cricket, football, cinema, games room etc etc, as well as the Den which will look after your smaller kids for a few hours each day, and will even collect them from your room at 8am on a Sunday morning so you can have breakfast in peace.

The Hotel is beautiful - newly renovated - and the gardens are perfect for busy kids to run around in. That gives parents time to relax, knowing the kids are safe and entertained.

The food is excellent - both for the kids, and for the parents. Kids tea at 5-6pm had a very varied menu.

Sharon - in Housekeeping - did a brilliant job to make sure every want was provided for (including a fan in each room), and Will and Hannah-Claire provided excellent service.

Only slight disappointment was the Spa was fully booked for the full 4 days so no time for a post-bike ride massage.

Room Tip: Country classic rooms are in the main house with high ceilings, but are a little compact. The forest...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I'm delighted to read that you and your family had an outstanding time with us here, and made full use of our varied facilities whilst staying with us. I'm so pleased you all enjoyed dining with us, and felt that the children's menu was great for the little ones, this is something we have worked hard on to get right, so it's lovely to see it's working. I hope that you will be able to come back and see us again very soon.
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Stayed two nights , very nice room and good food , evening meal menu a little limited , staff were good except when it came to getting a fan for the room ,I was informed all rooms had them but ours and our friends did not ,one lady on reception basically told us she was suffering as well and that was that , eventually our friends and us got one each but spoiled the moment a bit which led to us complaining about torn sheets on our bed and toilet handle hanging off ,both were sorted quickly ,thanks Emily . The spa swimming pool etc were very good and would definitely stay there again,lovely setting .Very child and dog friendly.

Room Tip: Our room was on second floor ,nice size ,top floor rooms are a lot smaller but probably quieter when...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am very sorry that you had issues with getting a fan for your room, I am not at all pleased that you felt that you were not looked after correctly. This will be addressed with the necessary staff member I assure you. Due to the hot weather we had to go out and buy more fans, but am pleased you got one that day. Should you wish to contact me to discuss this further please do so via the hotel or on steve.thorne-farrar@newparkmanorhotel.co.uk. I'm pleased to read that the rest of your stay was enjoyable and hope that you will return back to see us again in the future.
Weybridge
Reviewed 21 July 2013

You really will not find a better family hotel. we were a party of 11 - Our daughter and son with their husband and wife respectively plus 5 grand children. Quite a challenge to find a place where we would all get equal enjoyment but the staff at this lovely hotel exceeded our expectations. The facilities are superb, the food excellent and service not just excellent but really friendly. All the rooms we we allocated were attractive and spacious with some neat touches we even had a TV in our bathroom and our bed was big and very comfortable- we never actually saw our room maid but she kept the room spotless. This was one place we were all sad to leave and it is hard to believe that we won't return. To say the setting was idlylic does not do justice. The hotel is not cheap but in view of what you actually get.... it still gets an excellent value rating.
To Steve, the excellent hands-on manager and all the staff - a big thank you from all of us

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. It was an absolute pleasure to have you and your family come stay with us. I am so pleased to read that the team not only met, but exceeded your expectations, something I know the team are going to be over the moon to read, as I am. We hope that you will all be able to come back and see us again very soon.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My mum & I occasionally treat ourselves to a mother/daughter spa weekend. We hand over the money we could spend on a week holiday abroad so we can spend just a couple of days reading, swimming & generally relaxing. This year I saw the Bath House Spa attached to the New Park Manor & thought this had to be the one.

Booking was super easy. We went the the B&B/D offer, booked in our dinner reservations & spoke to the spa who booked in our treatments. Easy peasy. And for £395 each for 2 nights (not including treatments) it seemed like a good deal.

We found the manor pretty easily. We knew the hotel was child friendly, so the reception, filled with toys was no big shocker. The staff were friendly on arrival, we were asked to wait a few minutes until someone was available & we were checked in and in our room within minutes.

The room was spacious. We were in Ash, and it was a standard looking hotel room. One big let down was the lack of air conditioning. Something that is pretty standard in a £50 premier inn room but not to be found here. Just one solitary fan, which was broken (the nodule to stop it turning was broken off) to cool us down. In a heat wave, this didn't cut it, and both nights, neither my
Mum & I had excellent sleep. The room is well decorated, some staining on the carpet but clean & looked after otherwise. A couple of peeves...the room has a kettle (not cordless) stored on a shelf. We couldn't find a plug near this shelf so had to boil the kettle by the bed. An issue because the cord is so short. It took some pretty inventive pouring on my part. Also the mugs are pretty cheap. Like camping mugs. I handed one to my mum the first morning and she nearly dropped it, it was so scalding hot.

The bathroom was nice and modern. The shower is really powerful & the Elemis products are a lovely touch. In the bath we think there was a TV/Radio. No idea because there was a remote
But no instructions how to use it. The tv/radio was also gaffa taped to the wall. Not exactly "luxury."

My mum and I headed straight to the spa. The staff here were lovely. Immediately offered a tour round. Nice swimming pool with sauna & massage jets. On the small side. The inside pool onlu has 2 sun beds. This wasn't as issue during our stay as it
Was too hot to stay inside but the concern would be in winter, where would you relax?

The outside area to the spa was lovely. Both my mum and I spent almost all our time out here reading and getting a tan on the comfy outside sofas. I lost quite a bit of time on the circular chair and then dipping in and out of the sunken outdoor hot tub.

We did have an afternoon tea sat outside the spa on the second day which was lovely. 2 scones, loads of cream & jam, cupcakes, gorgeous macaroons & sarnies. Also included was a bottomless teapot. Only disappointment was a Horrible bit of carrot cake which was so dry we didn't eat it. Shame.

We both had a treatment on each day we stayed. Each time these treatments started 10mins late & then finished exactly on time which meant we lost 20 mins each on our treatments which was a shame because they were lovely, the therapists were very sweet and excellent at what they do. We just felt a bit cheated in losing almost a whole treatment time between us.

Also good to note is that the time children can enter the spa is limited to 2 times in the day which was perfect for us because we just sunbathed when the kids were splashing about.

Dinner at New Park Manor was a bit meh. The main issue here is speed of service. Both night we arrived 15 mins early for a drink in the lounge. The first night our pre dinner G&T's arrived whilst we had moved into the restaurant and had our starter. The second night we waited in the lounge for 10mins before giving up &
Going into the restaurant where we were asked if we wanted a pre dinner drink. YES. We sat outside over looking the ponies and then were asked our drink order 3 times by 3 different waiters before finally getting a pimms (which was lovely) and a G&T another 10mins later. This just became frustrating. I don't know if any of the waiters have sections. They were all smiley and lovely to chat
Too but I am not 100% sure anyone really knew what was going on. The restaurant wasn't busy but there was a definite sense of chaos. A nice touch is again the adults only restaurant is split from the families with very small children. The food was good & I could not fault it but the service was so slow it just ruined the experience and left you frustrated.

Breakfast was good. The cooked breakfast choice was good. The buffet was missing a good selection of fresh fruit & the juices were concentrated. But the service was a lot quicker
& the staff continued to be friendly.

My Mum & I had a lovely weekend but I think this was mainly due to the above average weather & the outside seating area. If it had been cold and we were trapped inside the hotel...I don't know if we would have been quite so happy to hand over the £1025 we paid. If you are looking for somewhere to pop in when you have something else planned in the New Forest then I think it would be a nice stopover, or if you have children and want
To go somewhere where the staff don't rubber neck you when Olivia starts throwing a tantrum then again I would recommend, but the New Park Manor didn't quite live up to the luxury spa experience my Mum and I were expecting, which is a shame because all the issues were so niggly, but altogether they kind of guaranteed we wouldn't go back.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank cad1023
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry that you were not satisfied that there is no air con in the rooms. All of our rooms have got stand alone fans in them, and as the house is a listed building it is difficult for us to make the necessary alterations to the frame work of the house to put aircon in, I do hope you can understand this. We are currently looking into the kettles to purchase new ones with longer leads and fully appreciate your comments. I am pleased to read that despite no aircon you both managed to have lovely sleep. I must apologise for the broken bath TV. Unfortunately their was a leak from the wall pipe inside the wall, which is how the TV became broken. This has now been fixed and the TV replace, but am sorry for the inconvenience caused. I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your time in the Spa. I note your comment re places to relax around the pool. In the summer months we put all furniture etc outside to enjoy, and in the colder months move what we can inside, plus there is a relaxation room too. I am sorry that you feel your treatments were too short. If you would like to email me further details regarding this I will look into it and revert back to you. My email address is steve.thorne-farrar@newparkmanorhotel.co.uk. I note your comments regarding slow service and must apologise for this. We have just rolled out and competed further restaurant service training for the team and am pleased to say that we have seen a greater service level which is currently exceeding our guests expectations. We will continue to roll out training to keep on top of this. I am sorry to read that you felt the 'niggely' issues have hindered your experience and would like to assure you that we are continually training and developing our team to deliver the highest quality of service.
Galashiels, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2013

If you are looking for the perfect combination of precious couple time and somewhere to create precious family memories then the New Park Manor Hotel offers that rare opportunity. The hotel is beautiful and all the facilities are amazing. Often when holidaying with children you feel you are missing out on the luxury holidays of days before kids, but somehow this hotel gives you both. You would struggle to find anywhere which does more for your children, early breakfasts, access to the outdoor pool from 7am, attentive staff, ability to preorder food from an extensive children's menu, a dedicated cinema room and a 5 star Den facility, as well as babysitting services available. Beyond the hotel the setting is beautiful and you are spoiled for choice with local activities and stunning scenery not to mention the plethora of wildlife on your doorstep. You must visit this hotel - allow your children to have a ball while you get to experience a relaxing spa and wonderful food.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. I am always delighted to read that our guests are making the very most of our facilities and use them every day with absolute pleasure. The team have worked hard to make our 'home from home' a really pleasurable experience for both parents and their little ones, and also make it a luxury experience too. It's great reading your review and knowing that we have achieved this. We hope that you will be able to come back and see us again very soon.
Reading, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Set in its own grounds with great views of the surrounding New Forest this hotel is a great place to escape to. There is a strong focus on service and qaulity food. The decor is to a very good standard. The spa has a wide range of facilities.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed our dining facilities and enjoyed our newly refurbished bedroom and facilities. We hope that you will be able to come back and see us again soon.
Steve & the Team.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
Rhinefield House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Burley
Cottage Lodge Hotel
Cottage Lodge Hotel
#1 of 10 in Brockenhurst

Been to New Park Manor? Share your experiences!