“Adult Spa by Day Kids Splash in the afternoon”
Review of New Park Manor

New Park Manor
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Went to New Park Manor Hotel and spa for our 5th Wedding anniversary. Picked it because not only did it seem all set up for families but was much better value (for the spa) than its competitors. Should point out we didn't spend the night!

We had an amazing day! The 'light lunch' was anything but (MASSIVE bowl of Thai curry mussels was the stand out) and then when I collected the kids from school they were excellently catered for in the pool and for high tea!

Highly recommended spa day!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Steve F, General Manager at New Park Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write you lovely review. I'm so pleased that you and your family had a lovely time with us. We hope that you will be able to come and spend another day with us very soon.

There are newer reviews for New Park Manor

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This was our second visit to New Park Manor this year and we didn't think it could get any better than last time but the refurbishment that has been done is outstanding. Our room was so lovely and the bed the comfiest we have ever stayed in, it was a struggle to leave it every day.

We ate breakfast and dinner in the hotel and both were delicious and we couldn't fault the service it was second to none. The staff went out of their way to assist us wherever possible.

Once again we made use of the blissful spa, (we are aware that it is open to children for a couple of hours late afternoon so we timed our visit accordingly) and it was oh so peaceful. Sipping cava in the outside spa with the deers running in the distance is just surreal then an evening dip in the pool it was so relaxing, the place really is wondrous.

Overall it was an amazing stay I could not think of a better place in the UK to stay and celebrate my birthday.

Steve and his team do an amazing job, we cannot wait to return, thank you very much.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. I'm so pleased to read that you both had a lovely time with us and made full use of the spa facilities. We hope to see you both back with us again very soon.....we will have the Cava on ice by the hot tub waiting for you again.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

The hotel was nice, however we did have a few quibbles. The room was ok, not massive but the T.V was absolutely tiny, we actually thought it was a PC monitor when we first walked in. Impossible to see easily if you're lying in bed. The bed was a double which felt a bit small, I'd expect a king size normally.

The staff were brilliant and very courteous, pleasant and friendly.

On checking out we discovered that the bill was wrong, we booked though late rooms at £95 per night but we were being charged £115 for each of the 4 nights even though it said the rate was £95 on their notes. We were also being charged for 2 cream teas when we had one. Everything was corrected, however you don't expect to deal with this hassle.

The spa and outdoor hot tub were lovely and we made maximum use of these, the staff were excellent.

We did find the stag restaurant a bit pricey, £35 each for 2 courses plus about £30 for wine. The food was good, but I wouldn't recommend eating here every night. Breakfast was great and had a choice of cooked breakfast of continental.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry to read that you were not satisfied with the size of your bed, but would like to assure you that we do advertise each room type accordingly on our website. I apologise that the bill was incorrect, but am pleased to read that it was quickly sorted by the team. I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your meals with us, and would like to assure you that we only use the finest quality which is reflected in our menus at all times. Great to read that you made full use of our lovely spa and got some R&R in too whilst with us.
Steve

Reviewed 12 October 2013

My husband booked this hotel for our anniversary present and I couldn't have asked for more. We have a 20 month old girl so traveling with her at this age is not always the easiest. The hotel facilities and staff made being away from home with children smooth sailing. They have thought of everything to ensure you have a relaxing stay. Before going I was a little skeptical about the baby listening monitors but this works very well, they pick up every little sound and I was comfortable leaving her in the room while we enjoyed a peaceful dinner in the hotel restaurant. There is a lot of choice for hot and cold breakfast including a variety of things for the children too. We can't fault the restaurant for dinner either, the food was of high quality and attentive service. The staff are always more than happy to help, they continuously heated up food and bottles of milk for us, nothing is too much trouble.

The spa facilities were wonderful, great pool for adults and children, outdoor canadian hot tub is relaxing for when the kids are in the creche.

Creche staff were wonderful. Our daughter was not the best at being left but they were happy to keep her entertained while we had some time to ourselves which is a luxury these days. There are plenty of toys indoors and outdoors and even a rabbit which the kids love.

We stayed in the amazing Henry suite which was very luxurious with plenty of space. We are both designers so loved the furniture and fabrics they had chosen.

We have already recommended this hotel to our friends and family and look forward to returning to New Park Manor in the future.

A big thank you for a memorable break.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Emily H

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. I'm so pleased that you and your family had a lovely time with us and made full use of our extensive facilities. I will be sure to pass on your lovely feedback to the team. We hope to see you back again with us very soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We received a gift certificate for a gourmet escape and had a few choice options. We opted for New Park Manor as it wasn't too far from London, so we could have a quick retreat without having to travel too far. So nice to be able to escape to such tranquil settings only 45 minutes train journey from London.
We didn't drive, but it seemed very easy to find, well sign posted from the main road. Taxi from the station was only about £6 so it's very reasonable to get to.

The manor is beautiful and just what I expected. I love this type of hotel and the staff were all extremely friendly. The spa area was fabulous and we loved going into all the different facilities (sauna, aromatherapy room, swimming pool etc.)
As this is a family resort there were a lot of children. The hotel does well to accommodate both families and childless guests with children having designated access times to the spa area and the restaurant for example. We don't have kids and went during the children's spa time. It was quite busy (all younger children) but didn't cause us any dramas, they were all very well behaved. Perhaps there is a certain type of clientèle the hotel attracts but the children seemed delightful (and I am definitely an animal over kids kind of gal!)

They have a lot of facilities for children, the den, the cinema (good for adults too after the kids are in bed), kids breakfast clubs etc. I would definitely say it is the best service I have ever seen for families and children. For those with families, it really is a no brainer - stay here!

Our meal in the restaurant was lovely. The dinner menu has a lot of options and even though ours was included, the prices seemed really reasonable for a three-course meal. I opted for the artichoke soup, lamb with purple potatoes and then sticky toffee pudding for dessert. All were beautifully prepared and tasted fabulous. The staff were good with the offering of bread (not so good for my waist line but I had three rolls with my soup - oops!)
Breakfast one word - delicious! Full English and Continental of course. I substituted my black pudding for sautéed potatoes, and there were no issues in doing so. High-quality produce and good range of choice.

Our room was nice, not the best hotel room I have ever stayed in and had we paid, I think I would have been a bit disappointed for the price of the standard room there (which is what we were in). However, the bathroom was beautiful and everything was spotlessly clean and comfortable, and as we were only there to sleep, not the end of the world. We did have a very dodgy window though (Room 12) and it nearly fell off in my hands when trying to open it for some air. Also a lot of stairs (I think four flights in total), okay for my husband, but for elderly guests or even little children, I presume they have standard rooms on the lower floors too? Bit unfair if they have to fork out more to have an accessible room.

Would I recommend the hotel? It depends on what you are looking for to be honest. For families or even expectant parents (they did lots of treatments for mums-to-be and the place seemed a hit with them) - Definitely. For a romantic retreat away? I would perhaps look elsewhere as I think it caters more to those with children - that's their niche and they do it extremely well!

Room Tip: Ask for a more accessible room if you have difficulties with stairs.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rene K

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. I'm pleased to read that you had a lovely time with us and left feeling relaxed. The maintenance on the window was carried out immediately once you reported this to us, thank you.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Recently attended a wedding here with a mate sharing the very grand King Charles room. I had stayed previously at Ickworth House (part of the same group) so knew what to expect in terms of the family theme which can catch people out of they don't read up beforehand. Very nicely situated in the New Forest, nice old building decorated very tastefully in an old mixed with new style. The main thing is that it is run by very nice people who can't do enough for you. Can't comment on the rest of the facilities (Spa/Childcare) but as a wedding venue it turnned out to be a very relaxed, informal and friendly place to get married.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Steve F, General Manager at New Park Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. I'm so pleased that you had a lovely stay with us, and that you thoroughly enjoyed the wedding too. I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments to the team.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at New Park Manor and couldn't praise this hotel highly enough. Steve and team go out of their way to provide a friendly efficient service- nothing is too much trouble.
The hotel is completely geared towards giving the children a fun time whilst giving the parents a well earned break.
We were able to take full advantage of the free creche whilst myself and my husband relaxed in the spa. The treatments in the spa were exceptional and it was lovely to relax in the outdoor hot tub whilst watching the horses and stags in the surrounding fields.
The food and service was excellent; even the childrens meals were really good and the fact that your child gets their own complimentary starter of houmous, vegetables and pitta as well as crayons and paper whilst waiting for their main course ensures meal times are stress free.
Finally, whoever thought of the Sunday Morning Breakfast Club deserves a knighthood - Your child is collected from your room at 8am so they can have a fun breakfast and play time with the other children whilst the grown ups enjoy, coffee, newspapers and a lie in! Heaven!
Thanks so much to Steve and the team, we will be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I'm so pleased that you all had a great time and made full use of our great facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Steve & the Team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
Rhinefield House Hotel
Passford House
Passford House
#3 of 7 in Lymington
Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort

Been to New Park Manor? Share your experiences!