“Lovely cream tea”

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely cream tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

We went for a Afternoon Tea on Tues. 28th October at the New Park Manor, what a lovely place and super surroundings. The staff are so helpful and friendly, they really made my friend and I feel special, nothing was too much trouble. Well done to them all. We will be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Steve F, General Manager at New Park Manor, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed our delicious Afternoon Tea and hope to see you back with us again soon.
Steve & the Team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Mixed experiences. Having stayed at several of the other hotels in the group we were expecting great quality, good food and a child friendly experience. After a disappointing start on the first day when we waited half an hour In a chilly dining room for our lunch to arrive we were shown up to a lovely room with a 4 poster bed and a fantastic sofa bed for our son - he loved it! Children's meal was great and our grown up dinner in the evening was amazing too. Also appreciated the veggie cooked breakfast the next morning. Children's games room is good with play station and table football - great for a family tournament! But huge disappointment when we found that the swimming pool was out of bounds for children except for first thing in the morning and late afternoon - suddenly the plan for mum to retreat to the spa while the boys enjoyed some swimming were thrown into disarray and a cloud hung over the day :-( this seems bizarre for a supposed family friendly hotel and something which will probably stop us coming again. Funny how these small things make a difference!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sue B
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry that we had an issue with the heating, but am pleased it was sorted quickly. I'm really pleased to read that you enjoyed our great facilities. I am sorry you were not aware of our kids swim times, but hope you made full use of the Den which is run in conjunction with giving parents the chance to enjoy some relaxing times in the spa.
Weybridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I have visited the New Park Manor a couple times now and I simply love it. The staff are so friendly, the building is gorgeous and the spa is excellent! It's the perfect place to relax. My friends and I have it as our favourite place for a nice girls' weekend where we can relax in the hot tub, enjoy some great food and have a good chat by the fire. A must!

1 Thank Daniela D
Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. I'm so pleased that you all had a lovely time with us and made full use of our great spa. I hope you will be able to all come back and enjoy another lovely break with us again soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Last week we had a lovely 3 night break at New Park Manor, coming away rested and wanting to go back. The Crèche was top quality and the girls lovely with our son, the Spa (especially the hot tub) was great, being able to have dinner every night with my husband in the restaurant while not worrying about our son was a treat, the food outstanding (especially dinner which had the best dessert I've ever had - the Peanut Butter Parfait) and our room (a family suite - room 11) was perfect for giving us all space to relax. However there were a few areas which I think could be improved: 1. The food service in the day was sometimes a bit slow 2. Our toddlers food was delicious but always came out burning hot so he would get upset when we had to take it away from him till it cooled down 3. I expected some more children’s play equipment in the garden (swings/slides) 4. On arrival we were shown to our room but it would have been nice to get a quick tour of the facilities as you do with most 5 star hotels 5. The decor was tasteful but the downstairs women’s toilets near the restaurant needed sprucing up to match the rest of the house and I thought the outside of the new part of the hotel didn't match up very well to the old part.

Saying all this we really enjoyed out time there and the staff were very friendly. I felt very comfortable having a small child there and everyone seemed to be in the same boat as us. We will definitely return or maybe try one of the other Luxury Family hotels to see how they compare. It’s such a great concept for couples with small children who just want to relax and spend time together as a family and a as a couple.

Room Tip: Go for a family suite in the main house. Room 11 was lovely.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I'm sorry there was an occasion when service was a little slow and the food came out a little too hot. I have addressed this with the team and actions are in place to firmly address. I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed the facilities and your room and will pass on your lovely comments regarding the food to the team. We hope you will be able to come and see us again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

We were trepidatious to take our first holiday with a dog (quite well trained) and a baby (less so) all being bundled into one hotel room. It's a logistical minefield of feeds, walks, swims, sleeps and playtime. Thankfully, there is a fundamental starting point which makes everything at this place just work. The staff. Totally friendly, totally accommodating, totally perfect. No holiday-rep exuberance, just a really down to earth hospitality. That spreads onto the guests, which in turn makes for happier children, and happier dogs (most importantly). The walks in the new forest were magical (we sat and watched wild ponies sunbathe), the spa was excellent (clean and child-free most of the time) and the food was really nice comfort food type stuff.
Also I should mention the creche where we deposited our 16 month old son on two occasions - it was clean, friendly and our son had a magnificent time.
I would say that if you are not the owner of a child(ren) then coming here might give you a bit of a shock. It's a family hotel. There are kids everywhere. If you don't like kids, I would avoid this place as it's full of the free-range blighters.
My only complaint was Peppa Pig world which was over-priced and devastatingly tacky. My son loved it. I imagine we'll be back here in about a month.

Room Tip: Ask for room 5...
2 Thank thjprice
Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. I'm so pleased that you all had a lovely time with us, and as your header reads found some quiet times to relax and enjoy our lovey hotel to its fullest. We hope that you will be able to come and see us again very soon for some more Man Creche times!
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

bought for my birthday my friend booked a day at the spa,
fantastic facilities
friendly and helpful staff
great and extremely relaxing full body massage
we even had afternoon tea. the sandwiches were very tasty the scones still warm and the cake delicious.
I had a great day felt completely spoilt and very looked after would most defiantly go again

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. I'm pleased to read that you had a lovely day and enjoyed our facilities and massage, as well as a delicious Afternoon Tea. We hope you will be able to come and see us again soon.
Steve
St Ives, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

My family and I have just returned from a short stay at the excellent New Park Manor Hotel, it was not long enough! Our room was very comfortable with the most amazing four-poster bed. Beautiful views across the forest matched with stylish but unasuming decor made it a pleasure to relax in whilst the kids played or slept in the genourously sized room. Whilst my wife and I relaxed in the spa with a hot stone massage, apparently the best treatment ever! My children were looked after by the fabulous staff in the Den. The kids had a lovely time painting and making pirate hats. I have now been informed by my little boy that we need to buy a pet rabit "just like the one at the special hotel". On both evenings the family sat down for high tea which was excellent for the children, a diverse menu with plenty of fruit and vegetables that were happily gobbled up. I must confess to tucking in to the crudites, pitta & hummus myself. Our evening meals were both very good, we ate from both the restaurant menu and the more casual forest menu. My hake with clam linguini really satisfied my need for a tasty piece of well cooked fish. All of our experiences at New Park Manor were made even more special by the fantastic hotel staff. Freindly, proffesional and efficient to the very last detail. I would normally like to give special mention to particular staff but they are all just too good pick out one above another. They really make this hotel feel like a home rather than a hotel, not an easy accomplishment. We will definately be back and can''t wait to return to this special spot in the forest.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. I'm so pleased to read that you all had a lovely time with and that the kids had a ball too. We hope that you will be able to come and join us again very soon.
Steve & the Team.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
Lime Wood Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,718 reviews
Passford House
Passford House
#3 of 7 in Lymington

Been to New Park Manor? Share your experiences!