“Relaxing girlie weekend”
Review of New Park Manor

New Park Manor
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Booked this for a girlie weekend break as recommended by a friend. When I arrived was a little bit nervous at it is a family hotel and thought it would be over run with lots of kids which we didn't really fancy as getting away from kids ourselves. We loved it. The spa was fabulous we had facials and the tranquility body cocoon treatments which was just gorgeous. The spa is perfect and the the hot tub was truly decadent we had a blast outside in it. Food was excellent especially the quality of the breakfasts. I've never stayed in a hotel with such amazing staff. They were truly amazing, so friendly, helpful and and attentive. We stayed in the Daisy room which was perfect for four people and really comfortable. The bedrooms were really comfy and pillows spot on. Definitely would come back here with kids or without.

Room Tip: Daisy room in the eves so if your really tall maybe not the best
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Steve F, General Manager at New Park Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. I'm so pleased to read that you all had a lovely weekend and made full use of the spa and dining facilities. We hope that you will be able to come back and see us again very soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Myself and my husband recently visited for a SPA day experience so my review is purely based on the SPA and not the hotel facilities in general which otherwise looked good.
I will start by premising this that all the below feedback we gave directly to Chris the SPA manager who was very helpful and welcoming.
Overall the SPA looks tired and in definte need of a general overhaul (which I understand is planned Summer 2014). However until then the management need to visit the likes of Careys Manor, Limewood, Chewton Glen all within very close proximity to New Park for a good idea on how to manage their SPA services.
MASSAGE
My therapist, whilst freindly, launched straight into the treatment. I was not asked at any point how I would like the pressure, any areas to avoid, was I warm/cold etc. These are basic fundamental aspects of any treatment that I have expereinced before and I have to say I was left quite disappointed and would certainly not recommend or return for any treatments based on this.
RELAXATION ROOM
After your treatment you are shown in to a quiet area. The room does have 2 sunbeds with matresses on them and some low lying sofa type things with large cushions but the bedding/covers on them did not look at all inviting - there was water in the room but that was all. No magazines/papers/music there was no aromatherapy burner or candles which I have seen in other SPA's
FEMALE CHANGING AREA
This really is quite poor and where I think lets the entire SPA down. The lockers are completely inadequate I could not fit all my clothes in and had to leave my coat hanging up outside the locker. You are given a key on a big heafty wooden keyring that you have to try and cram in your dressing gown pocket all day. There was a used & dirty bar of white, cheap soap by the sink area to wash your hands - no thank you! What does it cost to put an anti-bac soap pump dispenser out??
The Shampoo/gel/condition dispensers in the showers were dirty and gunked up and the quality of the products were cheap and unpleasant. There are no additional towels other than 1 you get in your locker for the day so if this gets damp you either have to use this or go out dripping wet to reception to get another - really?!
SEATING
There are a few loungers by the pool but as the SPA was quite busy there was really nowhere to sit and relax/read a magazine etc - what happens if you dont want to swim or use sauna/steam - do you go back and sit in reception in your damp costume??! Please give this some consideration when you plan your refurb or day SPA customers will not return.
When we arrived (10am) we were told we could not use the pool until 10.30 as it was being chlorinated and to wear goggles if possible after this as it might be a bit strong for a while! Then they decided to treat the outdoor jacuzzi putting this out of action for a while - cant all this essential maintenance be done when it will not inconvieince the customer?

We grabbed a coffee before deciding that purely down to the lack of seating we would leave early. The menu advises the coffee/tea is served with homemade biscuits but they werent - a minor point but its all the little touches that make the customer feel special.

My husband booked this for us as time on our own is rare with little ones and when I goto a SPA I want to feel pampered, relaxed and special, I'm afraid that I did not and we left early and decided to have lunch elsewhere.

The planned refurb will undoubtedly improve the facilities which are sadly lacking in comparison to other establishments in the local area, but in the meantime the management really need to get someone who is expereinced to go in and make some short term improvements and look at some of the detail or you will fail to woo people back once the improvements have been made.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LauraJSouthampton_UK

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Please be assured that your constructive feedback will be discussed with the team and firm actions put in place. I am sorry that we were experiencing issues on the day you came. Our pools are tested regularly during the day and should the levels not be correct we must manually dose. I appreciate that this can sometimes take an hour to get the levels correct but this is something that must be done correctly to ensure that the levels are correct for the safety of all of our guests.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

A first class weekend.The staff, from the hotel Manager down, were all very friendly and attentive. The spa is fantastic with excellent facilities. A lovely location for walking in the forest. Especially as a path leads straight to a pub! Will definitely be visiting again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Steve F, General Manager at New Park Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. I'm so pleased that you both had a lovely stay with us and made full use of the spa facilities and dining in the restaurant, plus great to read that the walking maps still take you direct to the beautiful little pub in the forest, it's a great stopping point for a light refreshment or 2! We hope to see you back with us again very soon.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Myself my husband and my 2 boys, aged 4 and 8 have just spent a lovely weekend at the New Park Manor with friends. The staff were very helpful and friendly when we arrived late on Friday which immediately helped us relax.

Our room was warm, cosy and clean with a beautiful view. The kids loved the elephant towels on their beds. It was also great to find some children's books in the room for all ages.
We loved the room intercom system which allowed us to have dinner with our friends, but hear if the kids woke up.
Great breakfast with lots of choice.
The pool was lovely and we spent lots of time in there with the kids. The outdoor spa overlooking the forest was also great.
Overall we found the hotel a brilliant solution for us where we were all able to fully relax and enjoy ourselves.
We will be back.!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. I'm so pleased to read that you and your boys had a really lovely time with us and enjoyed the facilities and dining in the hotel. We hope you will be able to come back and see us again very soon.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Went here for afternoon tea and we left a little disappointed. The afternoon tea was a bit average and looked a bit shop bought. On the plus side, the staff were very friendly and helpful and the price was reasonable. This also looks like a good place to stay for families, as it seems to have all of the necessary facilities and more.

• Stayed: November 2013
Steve F, General Manager at New Park Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. i am sorry to read that it was not to your total satisfaction but would be great if you could email me further details at steve.thorne-farrar@newparkmanorhotel.co.uk so I can look into your comments further.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Firstly, the positives:

The cheche and creche staff were great - really good space and our daughter loved the activities.

The spa is fantastic - great facilities and treatments (which are well priced). the outdoor hot tub is a winner even in the rain!

The decor is pleasant and recently done.

The location is lovely right in the middle of the new forest - easy to access some nice walks directly from the hotel.

On the downside, the forest rooms which were an upgrade are pretty small for a family of 3 - although the views are lovely.

The staff are friendly but quite inexperienced - I guess part of this is to do with staying in top hotels elsewhere where the service is super efficient but we found it to be quite slow especially for drinks, and for pre ordered food for our daughter (the whole point of pre ordering is so that its there when you sit down at your table!).

The food in the stag restaurant (which was included 2 nights) was good but not excellent - my wife had the hake one night and it was pretty poor - overcooked pasta, and a tomato and parmesan crust which made it taste more like a pizza! The cheese board is also a little small and comes with a £2 premium.

The hotel is a relatively recent member to the luxury family hotels group - we have stayed in 2 other hotels in the group hence why we selected this one - and in comparison New Park have some work to do to be as good as those (in terms of food and service) - but the foundations are there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bchapmanLondonUK

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I'm pleased that overall you had a lovely but take note of your areas of concern. I have received your email and will be in touch soon to discuss further.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed at The New Park Manor during half term and have nothing but great things to say! The facillities for our 4 year old boy were fantastic for such a small hotel and the free creche service was amazing and he couldn't wait to get back each day!

The swimming pool and spa area was beautiful and the fact that they had adult only and kids times was great so you got the best of both worlds and didn't have to worry about the general noise and amount of splashing caused by an over enthusiastic 4 year old.

The staff in all departments of the hotel were very friendly and welcoming and the restaurant was lovely. The fact that there were only 21 rooms meant that you got to meet and recognise over families which was nice as our boy had lots of other kids to play with.

We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. I'm so pleased to read that you had a lovely time with us and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Steve & the Team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
Rhinefield House Hotel
#1 of 10 in Brockenhurst
Passford House
Passford House
#3 of 7 in Lymington

Been to New Park Manor? Share your experiences!