“beautiful setting”
Review of New Park Manor

New Park Manor
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Reviewed 31 March 2014

never been to this hotel before but thought i would treat my mother to afternoon tea. When we got there I had a look around the hotel and I must say the amount they go out of there way for to keep customers happy is outstanding. The spa had such a good location with deer running though the fields whilst you were bubbling away in the hot tub. A dog friendly hotel which was lovely as my dog Woolie was treated with a warm welcome. All in all a great hotel and me and my mother (and Woolie) had a great day.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
David K, General Manager at New Park Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Hi from the Forest!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a great review on this site.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your afternoon tea!

Woollie was a pleasure to have around the place and certainly seemed to enjoy the fuss made of him!

Please pop in soon and don't forget to bring Woollie!

There are newer reviews for New Park Manor

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We were given a voucher for a decadent afternoon tea here by some friends as a gift to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. We booked a few weeks ago and arrived yesterday afternoon, dressed for the occasion expecting a warm welcome, and a lovely tea in elegant comfortable surroundings. On arrival the young couple at reception were clearly busy doing something else and directed us up the stairs saying some one would see to us up there.Well, there was no-one up there for some time. Eventually a waiter arrived and seemed a bit taken aback when we said we had booked for afternoon tea . He looked round for somewhere for us to sit. The quite small main lounge was full and he took us up to a half landing which contained lots of childrens toys, a small seating area and no views other than the car park. I asked if there was anywhere else we could sit, perhaps with a view of the gardens. After another pause, and clearly flustered, poor lad, he showed us to a small dining anteroom which contained a few tables,clearly a family eating area with several high chairs and basic seating. I could see the garden through the one window and my husband faced the high chairs. By now I was feeling rather upset as this was just not what we were expecting.There was a half eaten chip under our table and the room was generally a bit grimy.
In due course.... some time later, our tea arrived. Sandwiches, scones cream and jam were fine but the cakes were just tiny slices of basic plain tea, ginger and banana loaves - no sign of the - I quote " extra special New Forest Gateaux" mentioned in the blurb. Two pannacotta were also served but they were so highly flavoured with vanilla they were inedible. It was the sort of tea one would expect in a run of the mill village tea room, certainly not the high end experience we were so looking forward to. Now we face the difficulty of our friends who treated us asking how it went and that is very embarrassing too.
For any one interested I had afternoon tea at Carey's Manor in Brockenhurst for just £2 more a head a few months back. Wonderful service ambience and delicious food - total contrast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank woodcwbmwm

Im so sorry that you did not enjoy your visit to New Park.
I have shared your experience with the team here who share my disappointment.

We have served a similar tea menu for some time now, although the flavour of cakes does vary but I need to look into where the advertised New Forest Gateau is placed as this dish does not form part of our menu, I am sorry if you were expecting this and were disappointed.

I am sure that we can regain our laurels on your next visit and I hope we get the chance to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a spa day here with 14 other ladies ranging in age from 15 - 50.
As the organised I arrived first and was greeted by Ashleigh who gave me a rough itinerary of the day and his away the surprises organised for the bride.
When the others arrived, she ensured everyone had filled out medical forms and gave us all a tour of the spa facilities.
The spa itself is on the right hand side of the hotel and is set in the beautiful new forest. We were able to watch the deers in the near by forest whilst swimming in the pools! They had a lovely area outside aswel as inside with a hot tub and lots of seating.
Inside there is lovely changing rooms (could do with being much bigger and having actual changing cubicles) very clean and good facilities. We didn't need to bring out hair dryers or anything! We were given robes, towels and flipflops for the day which were very comfy.
One negative - they only came in one size. In our party we had a few plus sized ladies and the robes unfortunately were too small, so slightly embarrassing and uncomfortable at times.
I had a back massage. My therapist was very professional and the room was set up beautiful. Very tranquil, lovely music and warming massage oil.
After my massage I was directed to a room across the hall that sofas and lay down beds etc that was dark and relaxing. We had 1/2 hour treatments that were split into two.
In between the 2 sets of treatments we had a cream tea lunch. There was 2 scones each and unlimited tea and coffee which I felt was very good value for the price paid. They had made arrangements for one of our ladies who was dairy free and ensured they had spare chairs for 2 extra ladies who were unable to join as at the spa but were able to join us for tea. They even made arrangements for the ladies to have tea and coffee with us.
One giant plus is that nearly everywhere you went (even the swimming pool) there was jugs of fresh water with ice! Great especially when you are spending a lot of time in and out of saunas etc.

The entire day was fantastic from start to finish. It went without a hitch thanks to Ashleigh and her team of therapists and staff! We have one very happy bride to be!
Many thanks! We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: March 2014

Greetings from The New Forest!

We are delighted that you enjoyed your Spa Day with us and the team are thrilled you picked up so many of the little points that we offer.

Chef is also pleased that you enjoyed his afternoon tea and the unlimited tea!

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

This place could be so good but it misses the mark, probably through a lack of leadership. There were lots of niggles that you wouldn't expect from a "luxury" hotel, it just wasn't clean enough, the food was patchy, our room was noisy from the people above - they weren't being noisy it was just that we were in a building not sound insulated to the degree one usually encounters in a hotel. But the biggest problem was the dead atmosphere. The staff were just about OK but they didn't create any kind of feel (of the ten or so staff we encountered three had a little sparkle about them, the rest were going through the motions), frankly we could have been in a Travel Lodge in Crawley. There was no feeling that they were a team who enjoyed working together, they seemed leaderless and mostly inexperienced.
There were good spots - the Crèche facilities were very good and we found an enthusiastic staff member here. The pool was good.
The food was not enjoyable. The second night the menu was a repeat and the "specials" were just the things they hadn't sold the previous night. The cooking was OK but the flavours were bland. The "Classic Tarte Tatin" was no such thing. Soggy pastry, baked apple chunks and a thin caramel sauce. Why do "chefs" feel the need to re-invent and ruin dishes that are actually "Classics"?
I'm sure the manager will respond to my low score and invite us back. Please don't bother, we won't, but it would have been good to see you there on the day marshalling your team.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Iesq

Hi,

Im so sorry that you did not enjoy your time with us in The New Forest. it appears that we have fallen well short of our usual high standards on this occasion.

I have taken your feedback and used it in our management meetings so that we do not allow these misgiving to reoccur.

I would like to talk personally with you regarding your stay but I cannot match your reservation name to your TA name, please could you contact me on david.knight@newparkmanorhotel.co.uk

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

This was our first family spa trip so I wasn't sure what to expect but reading other reviews and looking at the hotel website my expectations grew quite high. And to be frank I feel there's plenty that could be improved. Long story short: restaurant specifically divided into kids and no kids sections. Plastic cutlery, cups and place mats absolutely filthy. Lying around at the entrance to the restaurant. Not hygienic at all. High chairs not even wiped properly in between kids. Thats why only 2 for cleanliness. Our boy is nearly two and can happily use regular plates etc and sits in an adult chair so wasn't to impressed being downgraded. Food amazing but portions tiny tiny small. Rooms nice and spacious. We stayed in a forest room. No lift in a hotel. Spa very nice. Creche service great idea but staff in reception not promoting as it was so overbooked but when we laft lo there were only two other kids there. He was very happy there and nursery staff was fantastic!! Overall hotel staff not very talkative noe welcoming. Not interaction with kids whatsoever which I find strange in a place that promotes itself as family friendly. In fact most of the time we felt unnoticed. The idea of the family spa with nursery is amazing but in my image of luxury experience staff members go extra mile to make you feel special and welcome. Village nearby really lovely. Few attractions locally.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank anetibee
Steve F, General Manager at New Park Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review New Park Manor on trip advisor, Im so sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay completely.

We do work very hard to show all of our facilities to guests on arrival and explain them clearly, this must have not been explained properly as we do allow children to eat in our restaurant with their parents on grown up chairs, in the garden wing of the restaurant so I am sorry that this was not the case with your family.

I have addressed the concerns regarding high chairs with the restaurant team and clearly this is not our usual high standard of cleanliness, but we do provide plastic cutlery as a standard but understand completely if guests wish their little ones to use any thing else.

The Den is set to achieve an Ofsted rating and this means that during supervised times children must be booked in prior, however, we allow all day use by families outside these times.

I hope we can welcome you back to New Park and please feel free to contact me at any time.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for his 40th birthday celebration and were very disappointed with a number of points:

on booking were told we had to book dinner, bed and breakfast but since we were staying for 2 nights asked about the possibility of changing the dinner to the Friday night rather than Saturday and were told there was no way this could be changed

the room was not fit for purpose given the very low beams both at the side of the bed and in the bathroom - they were more than inconvenient - actually dangerous. amazing that they can charge such a high price for these rooms

service was very poor. we waited 45 mins for breakfast and when it arrived the "dippy eggs" had one egg completely hard and one completely underdone. for dinner we waited 1 hour for our starter and had to complain. no explanation. no apology. we also struggled to get service for drinks in the spa.

"high speed internet" was an exaggeration of the service provided. we had no wifi reception in our room and throughout the hotel it was intermittent and slow. we asked for someone to check on the wifi in our room and were told the router would be restarted and reception would call back to tell us when resolved - no call.

The only plus sides of the stay - the setting is very beautiful and the outdoor hot tub is a real treat.

Overall very disappointing given we paid £440 for our 2 night stay. Added to the disappointment was the fact we submitted detailed feedback to the hotel and this was not followed up on.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank oreghe

Hi,

Im so sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us but thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor, we always welcome all feedback, whether it be our usual favourable comments or indeed more constructive comments.

Im so sorry that you thought your room was sub standard, I think maybe its a personal choice whether you like the beams but it has clearly marred your stay so I do apologise.

I have spoken at length to our restaurant and kitchen team regarding your comments who have taken them on board and clearly we aim to rectify these.

Im sorry that the internet connectivity was slow in your room, we did restart a couple of times but to no avail but it concerns me that our team did not feed this back to you and I apologise for that.

All in all Im very disappointed to hear your comments and we aim to improve from them.
If we get the opportunity to welcome you back, Im sure you will see our team striving to reach our usual high standards.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We had a lovely spa day at New Park Manor. We came away chilled and relaxed and considering we live only 45 minutes away felt as if we were on holiday. We had a half an hour treatment each that truely was blissful and were left to relax in a relaxation room after that we thought was a lovely touch. We preordered a lunch upon arrival, there was a good selction on the menu to choose from and was delicious when served. The spa is small in size and it is also a family spa so make sure you pick the correct times to enjoy the experience you want. The outdoor hot tub and seating area was our favourite and is delightful espeacially in the sun shine with a glass of wine. We easily wiled away our day without realising and were throughly looked after by all the staff who were very professional and courteous.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
Rhinefield House Hotel
Passford House
Passford House
#3 of 7 in Lymington
Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort

Been to New Park Manor? Share your experiences!