We decided to stop here for afternoon tea, we have stayed in many lovely hotels and when we pulled into the car park thought maybe we had found a little jem we could maybe come and stay again as we have a baby and we already knew it was baby friendly. My first initial good impression soon started to disappear, we were taken to one of the side dining rooms, gorgeous room, gorgeous views but with rather cheap furniture, not what we expected.
After another long wait (We had already waited 20 minutes for 2 glasses of Champagne) we finally received our very disappointing afternoon tea consisting of slightly stale very simple sandwiches, scones were fine and the most disappointing of all the cakes!! 2 small slabs each of very dull tasteless sponge and and equally tasteless small chocolate slab and a strange tasting pannacotta.
Also I needed to change my baby so took him to the ladies toilet/babies kitchen which is a brilliant idea, especially if your staying as it has bottle warmers/fridge for baby food etc though the whole thing stank and completely filthy!! Dirty nappies overflowing all over the floor and just generally not very pleasant!!
Its such a shame as it could be a really lovely baby friendly hotel but sadly not one we'll be using :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to New Park Manor, a luxury family and dog friendly spa hotel in the New Forest. Relax in our spa, play croquet on the lawn, enjoy afternoon tea on the terrace or some family time in our gardens. New Park Manor offers the perfect destination for anyone wishing to explore and appreciate the unique mosaic of woodland, heathland and wetland that comprise the ancient landscape of the New Forest. The New Forest, Britain's most popular national park, was created by William the Conqueror in 1079 as a royal hunting area. In 1611, King Charles II chose New Park Manor as his favourite hunting lodge and his royal coat of arms is still displayed prominently above the fireplace in our award-winning Stag Restaurant. New Park Manor was carefully adapted for use as a country house hotel with 25 bedrooms and opened in 1970. Interesting details such as acorns and oak leaf patterned doors and original furniture and fireplaces can still be seen throughout the building. These commemorate the debt owed by King Charles to the oak tree which hid him from Cromwell's men on his escape to France in 1651. Today, New Park Manor is a beautiful, stylish country hotel, where the traditions of days gone by still live on and many original features can still be seen around the hotel. Bedrooms range from the splendor of our Muntjac our signature Family Suite to the contemporary style of our Forest rooms. Over recent years, our facilities have expanded to include a heated outdoor pool, croquet lawn, and our award-winning Spa which included a heated indoor pool and outdoor Canadian hot tub overlooking the New Forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your New Park Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Park Manor Hotel Brockenhurst
- Country Hotel Brockenhurst
- Country Hotel New Park Manor
- New Park Manor Brockenhurst, New Forest