Just back from an excellent weekend at the New Park Manor Hotel. This is the third of the group's hotels we've stayed at. Like the rest it's designed as a luxury hotel for families. In most regards it hits the mark.
First the good. The hotel is a fabulous building in the middle of the New Forest. Great for a wide range of local attractions, many highly suitable for young kids. The creche is a great feature - our girls particularly enjoyed the "breakfast club" session that let us have a quiet morning. The whole hotel is set up for kids, with small but fun gardens with lots of activities, a couple of well stocked playrooms and a great selection of children's storybooks in every room. There is a nice indoor pool with both dedicated adult-only and children friendly times.
For parents, there's a good spa, fine food and, of course the creche!
The staff were uniformly extremely friendly, we had a really warm welcome from the manager, David, and everywhere we went all the staff did whatever it took to make use feel welcome. They were particularly good with our 5 year olds. The creche staff were outstanding.
We had a marvellous weekend.
There were a couple of areas where things could be a little better. We found the food service a bit slow - which can be frustrating when you have a couple of bored and hungry girls to look after. There were also a couple of mistakes with our orders, though these were quickly and politely fixed. Though the spa was a very welcome moment of relaxation, the massages we got were only decent rather than very good.
Overall, a thoroughly enjoyable time. We'll certainly be returning to this and other hotels from the group. They're fairly expensive, but as a parent, I find them a real oasis and our girls absolutely love them. Just what we need.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to New Park Manor, a luxury family and dog friendly spa hotel in the New Forest. Relax in our spa, play croquet on the lawn, enjoy afternoon tea on the terrace or some family time in our gardens. New Park Manor offers the perfect destination for anyone wishing to explore and appreciate the unique mosaic of woodland, heathland and wetland that comprise the ancient landscape of the New Forest. The New Forest, Britain's most popular national park, was created by William the Conqueror in 1079 as a royal hunting area. In 1611, King Charles II chose New Park Manor as his favourite hunting lodge and his royal coat of arms is still displayed prominently above the fireplace in our award-winning Stag Restaurant. New Park Manor was carefully adapted for use as a country house hotel with 25 bedrooms and opened in 1970. Interesting details such as acorns and oak leaf patterned doors and original furniture and fireplaces can still be seen throughout the building. These commemorate the debt owed by King Charles to the oak tree which hid him from Cromwell's men on his escape to France in 1651. Today, New Park Manor is a beautiful, stylish country hotel, where the traditions of days gone by still live on and many original features can still be seen around the hotel. Bedrooms range from the splendor of our Muntjac our signature Family Suite to the contemporary style of our Forest rooms. Over recent years, our facilities have expanded to include a heated outdoor pool, croquet lawn, and our award-winning Spa which included a heated indoor pool and outdoor Canadian hot tub overlooking the New Forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your New Park Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Park Manor Hotel Brockenhurst
- Country Hotel Brockenhurst
- Country Hotel New Park Manor
- New Park Manor Brockenhurst, New Forest