We have just returned from 3 nights at this hotel. It was our first break with our 7 month old son, and overall it was really great. The crèche is a fantastic facility. The staff were great and our baby boy was so happy playing there each morning, he didn't even look up to say goodbye! My husband and I made the most of our time together in the spa, which was lovely, especially the outdoor hot tub. The views were delightful and even in the rain the hot tub was really enjoyable. The food was very good, although evening service was a little slow. We hired a babysitter for 2 evenings and they were both great, and allowed us to enjoy a relaxed dinner together. The service at every point was excellent. All the staff were friendly and helpful, especially regarding things needed for the baby.
Our room was lovely, spacious, and comfortable, however the living room area was very cold at night, as the door to the fire escape and the window in the living room, were very drafty. The only other thing I would say needed a little more attention was the cleanliness at times. Our room had a number of large cobwebs in, for the duration of our stay, and the high chair our son was given on the first day, had food stains and debris on the straps. Minor niggles really, and the three of us had a very lovely first family holiday, in a gorgeous location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to New Park Manor, a luxury family and dog friendly spa hotel in the New Forest. Relax in our spa, play croquet on the lawn, enjoy afternoon tea on the terrace or some family time in our gardens. New Park Manor offers the perfect destination for anyone wishing to explore and appreciate the unique mosaic of woodland, heathland and wetland that comprise the ancient landscape of the New Forest. The New Forest, Britain's most popular national park, was created by William the Conqueror in 1079 as a royal hunting area. In 1611, King Charles II chose New Park Manor as his favourite hunting lodge and his royal coat of arms is still displayed prominently above the fireplace in our award-winning Stag Restaurant. New Park Manor was carefully adapted for use as a country house hotel with 25 bedrooms and opened in 1970. Interesting details such as acorns and oak leaf patterned doors and original furniture and fireplaces can still be seen throughout the building. These commemorate the debt owed by King Charles to the oak tree which hid him from Cromwell's men on his escape to France in 1651. Today, New Park Manor is a beautiful, stylish country hotel, where the traditions of days gone by still live on and many original features can still be seen around the hotel. Bedrooms range from the splendor of our Muntjac our signature Family Suite to the contemporary style of our Forest rooms. Over recent years, our facilities have expanded to include a heated outdoor pool, croquet lawn, and our award-winning Spa which included a heated indoor pool and outdoor Canadian hot tub overlooking the New Forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Cancelon and Agoda so you can book your New Park Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Park Manor Hotel Brockenhurst
- Country Hotel Brockenhurst
- Country Hotel New Park Manor
- New Park Manor Brockenhurst, New Forest