My husband and I stopped here early in July 2014 arriving on a Saturday and leaving on a Monday afternoon.
From the moment we arrived we were greeted at the Reception Desk by a very friendly lady who showed us to our room and also introduced herself to our King Charles Cavalier, Bonnie.
We were shown to a lovely little room at the top of the hotel, it was compact but beautifully furnished and had everything we needed, they even gave us a bed for Bonnie and two dog bowls.
That afternoon we headed out on a nearby walk (directed by the lady on reception) and discovered that the forest is literally on the doorstep of the hotel and perfect for anyone wanting to let their dog roam the forest.
We booked a 9pm table for dinner. Every course was of an incredible standard. Service was good but not intrusive. We had our desserts served in the lounge so that Bonnie could join us. Ben, one of the staff, came to chat to us and made a big fuss of Bonnie and by Monday they were best of friends! Ben even popped the football on in the cinema room for my hubby to watch that evening. Bonnie joined us for this too :P
Breakfast the next two mornings was fabulous and friendly! We enjoyed driving around the New Forest on the Sunday and then, when back at the hotel, enjoyed an hour in the spa. We decided to have dinner in the restaurant at the hotel again because it was so good the night before and , yet again, it was brilliant.
The staff provided us with a monitor to listen in on Bonnie whilst she waited for us in our room and even offered to have her by the reception desk should she start barking. All of the staff were very friendly and seemed to really enjoy having dogs to stay at the hotel which is a big plus as often you are made to feel like an inconvenience. The hotel also seemed very well set up for children too.
We finished our stop at the hotel by ordering one of their picnics which was lovely also. We are already planning our trip back and my parents in law are planning on heading over soon with Bonnie so that she can see all of her new "BFF"s again!
I cannot recommend this place enough. They have thought of everything :)
See you soon x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to New Park Manor, a luxury family and dog friendly spa hotel in the New Forest. Relax in our spa, play croquet on the lawn, enjoy afternoon tea on the terrace or some family time in our gardens. New Park Manor offers the perfect destination for anyone wishing to explore and appreciate the unique mosaic of woodland, heathland and wetland that comprise the ancient landscape of the New Forest. The New Forest, Britain's most popular national park, was created by William the Conqueror in 1079 as a royal hunting area. In 1611, King Charles II chose New Park Manor as his favourite hunting lodge and his royal coat of arms is still displayed prominently above the fireplace in our award-winning Stag Restaurant. New Park Manor was carefully adapted for use as a country house hotel with 25 bedrooms and opened in 1970. Interesting details such as acorns and oak leaf patterned doors and original furniture and fireplaces can still be seen throughout the building. These commemorate the debt owed by King Charles to the oak tree which hid him from Cromwell's men on his escape to France in 1651. Today, New Park Manor is a beautiful, stylish country hotel, where the traditions of days gone by still live on and many original features can still be seen around the hotel. Bedrooms range from the splendor of our Muntjac our signature Family Suite to the contemporary style of our Forest rooms. Over recent years, our facilities have expanded to include a heated outdoor pool, croquet lawn, and our award-winning Spa which included a heated indoor pool and outdoor Canadian hot tub overlooking the New Forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your New Park Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Park Manor Hotel Brockenhurst
- Country Hotel Brockenhurst
- Country Hotel New Park Manor
- New Park Manor Brockenhurst, New Forest