My husband and I have just returned from a two night stay at this hotel as a birthday treat. I’d booked their function room a year ago for a birthday party and had had a wonderful time so we looked forward to our return.
It is in a super location right in the middle of the forest with a herd of deer living in the fields just beyond the hotel (look out for the white one). Brockenhurst station is only about a mile away if you are travelling by train and it has free WIFI.
Our room was on the first floor and elegantly furnished with a large sash window overlooking the garden. The bed was very comfortable and we slept well. There was a TV & DVD player in the room with tea/coffee making facilities. The three course dinner is beautifully presented and delicious being served in one of three rooms at the back of the hotel overlooking the croquet lawn.
Your hotel stay includes entry to the spa which has a large swimming pool with Jacuzzis, warm tiled seat with footbath, sauna rooms etc. Just outside is a lovely café and do try the outdoor Canadian Hot Tub. It’s a delight to sit in here, relax and enjoy the views of the forest.
This is a hotel for families so do expect the giggles of excited children if you are an adults only party. The hotel lays on lots of activities to entertain them.
Sadly during our stay we had several issues which the management took seriously and resolved to our satisfaction. Their prompt attention was much appreciated and I was impressed by the level of customer service.
I know you will enjoy your stay at this lovely hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to New Park Manor, a luxury family and dog friendly spa hotel in the New Forest. Relax in our spa, play croquet on the lawn, enjoy afternoon tea on the terrace or some family time in our gardens. New Park Manor offers the perfect destination for anyone wishing to explore and appreciate the unique mosaic of woodland, heathland and wetland that comprise the ancient landscape of the New Forest. The New Forest, Britain's most popular national park, was created by William the Conqueror in 1079 as a royal hunting area. In 1611, King Charles II chose New Park Manor as his favourite hunting lodge and his royal coat of arms is still displayed prominently above the fireplace in our award-winning Stag Restaurant. New Park Manor was carefully adapted for use as a country house hotel with 25 bedrooms and opened in 1970. Interesting details such as acorns and oak leaf patterned doors and original furniture and fireplaces can still be seen throughout the building. These commemorate the debt owed by King Charles to the oak tree which hid him from Cromwell's men on his escape to France in 1651. Today, New Park Manor is a beautiful, stylish country hotel, where the traditions of days gone by still live on and many original features can still be seen around the hotel. Bedrooms range from the splendor of our Muntjac our signature Family Suite to the contemporary style of our Forest rooms. Over recent years, our facilities have expanded to include a heated outdoor pool, croquet lawn, and our award-winning Spa which included a heated indoor pool and outdoor Canadian hot tub overlooking the New Forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your New Park Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Park Manor Hotel Brockenhurst
- Country Hotel Brockenhurst
- Country Hotel New Park Manor
- New Park Manor Brockenhurst, New Forest