“We had a lovely mini Honeymoon”

Rhinefield House Hotel
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“We had a lovely mini Honeymoon”
Reviewed 27 June 2011

After driving around the New Forest to find the perfect place to stay for our 2 day Honeymoon, we decided to book Rhinefield House.
We were so glad we did. We were booked into the Azalea room with a lovely view of the forest and total peace and quiet for 2 days.
The grounds were wonderful and we had a lovely walk around them. We also made full use of the outdoor pool.
We also had an amazing meal in the restaurant.
All the staff were so helpful.
It made a perfect end to our perfect wedding celebration.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheBrowns34
JonathanOwen, General Manager at Rhinefield House Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2011
Wonderful review and congratulations on your recent wedding.

The Azalea is indeed a wonderful bedroom with views into the forest, some guests describe it as like waking up amongst the trees with the large windows and viewing points into the forest. I am glad to read you managed to take a dip in the outdoor pool as the weather recently has not been great. I will certainly convey your kind words with regards to the staff being helpful and the quality of the restaurant and food.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Rhinefield in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention

Jonathan Owen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
London
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Very friendly hotel, part of a value for money chain, where we have stayed a number of times. Only downside was the same menu both nights on which there was a lot of heavy meals (game, pigeon, rabbit).

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
JonathanOwen, General Manager at Rhinefield House Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2011
Thank you for listing your review on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay at Rhinefield House Hotel. With two restaurants boasting the very best of local produce we do feel there is a good variety for our guests to enjoy when staying more than one night. Yes our Taste of Hampshire menu with a choice of 4 starters, main courses and desserts changes every other day in the Armada Restaurant, however we also feature an A La Carte menu which guests may choose from.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Rhinefield House later this year

UK
Reviewed 25 June 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel for a wedding. I stayed in one of the Exec Rooms which are lovely and well appointed although the view is not great and in my room there was a large stain on the carpet and the television in the bath didnt work at all - I also had to ask for replacement towels as the ones we had were dirty with orange stains on them. The overall hotel though is lovely although in areas could really do with some refurbishment this all lends to the overall atmosphere. The Manager that assisted with the wedding was superb and could not have been more helpful as was the porter and the very helpful man who stocks the mini bars. The Dexter Steak is indeed fantastic and the new restaurant lovely and the service is excellent. The reception staff and breakfast staff are not as helpful or pleasant as the other members of the team that we encountered. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend to anyone looking for a wedding venue.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for using Trip Advisor to register your feedback.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and wedding.
I have noted your bedroom comments and today requested all the bathroom televisions to be serviced. We are currently finishing our 3rd phase of bedroom refurbishments to our Classic category and guests are very pleased with the outcome. Our residents lounge is currently in the final stage of being designed, this will provide a specific area for our guests to relax in and enjoy afternoon tea or morning coffee. I will certainly pass on your kind comments with regards to Michael our conference and banqueting manager who runs all the weddings here at Rhinefield House. The Grill Room is more successful than we had first thought with reservations now essential so I am pleased you managed to get a table and enjoy the fine Dexter beef. We have a new Reception manager Andrea who has joined the team this week so I will personally discuss your impression of the front desk team along with reviewing my breakfast staff with Katie the restaurant manager.

May I thank you again for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you to Rhinefield in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Dorset
Reviewed 20 June 2011

We were recently lucky enough to visit this hotels restaurant The Grill room which is set in their conservatory which overlooks the beautiful grounds of this stunning hotel. The staff were not only very welcoming but very attentive without the usual stuffiness of dining in a hotel restaurant. The atmosphere was very much relaxed and the food gorgeous. If you love good quality steak cooked to perfection and one that melts in your mouth then this is the place to be. My starter of crab and avocado had a twist to it which personally sounded odd as it was sweetcorn icecream!!! I have to say though that it worked and is one of the most bizarre combinations i have ever tried. If you go there dont be afraid to give it a go you would be surprised how lovely it is... This hotel has a beautiful long forest driveway in so dont be surpised to see deer on your way out as we did, that was the icing on the cake of a great evening with personable staff at a beautiful location with exceptional quality food. I am already thinking about when I can get back there.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mulkums
JonathanOwen, General Manager at Rhinefield House Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2011
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.
Since opening the Grill Room on the 16th June we have been overwhelmed by the success, indeed I cannot wait for the better weather which will allow our Al Fresco terrace to be used for additional diners. Our Dexter beef is incredible and I do genuinely believe that being reared locally in the forest enhances the fabulous flavours. I was pleased to read you felt the team members were very welcoming and attentive. Sweetcorn Ice cream is the brain child of Norman MacKenzie my head chef which does work with the Crab and Avocado. Norman has captured the very essence of Grill Room dining with his menu and I am looking forward to you returning to maybe enjoy the Chateaubriand or the lemon sole.
Benfleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2011

We were made to feel very welcome and all of our questions were answered efficiently and pleasantly. The hotel is situated in the midst of the forest and is therefore an ideal position for walking and cycling in the forest. The room was clean and very comfortable with pleasant decor. The grounds were stunning with a variety of beautiful vistas, any problems were dealt with efficiently.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank w00dw0rm
JonathanOwen, General Manager at Rhinefield House Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2011
Thank you for registering your review. I was delighted to read you found Rhinefield House Hotel to be a stunning venue and that our services received a 5 star rating. As you mention walking and cycling are popular past times here in the forest and our grounds are looking fantastic thanks to the efforts of Dan our gardener who welcomes the opportunity to take guests around the estate to discuss our exciting plans!
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Came to hotel for clients interested in hosting their wedding here. The facilities looked wonderful and the gardens are just stunning. We had a short look around with 'Cat' from the reception and were really impressed by her knowledge and pleasant manner. Would love to come again.

Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
JonathanOwen, General Manager at Rhinefield House Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2011
Thank you for taking the time to list your review. I was very pleased to note that Kat from reception showed you around and that you cannot wait to return. The gardens do indeed look stunning and the rain over night was certainly well received by the gardening team.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We had a very enjoyable stay at Rhinefield House taking advantage of the spa facilities and lovely grounds whilst we were there. Our room was clean, spacious and comfortable. All the staff were friendly and we felt very well looked after. The evening meal we had in the Brasserie and full cooked breakfast were both delicious.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Fantastic news, thank you for listing your review on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and that all the staff were friendly and you were well looked after. Norman my head chef will be pleased to learn your feedback with regards to your evening meal and breakfast.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Rhinefield House in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Jonathan Owen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
Balmer Lawn
The Crown Manor House Hotel
The Beaulieu Hotel
The Beaulieu Hotel
#2 of 2 in Beaulieu

Been to Rhinefield House Hotel? Share your experiences!