“Rhinefield House Hotel”

Rhinefield House Hotel
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Just returned from a 2 night stay at the Rhinefield. Drove 240 miles to this hotel and it was well worth the drive. Superb hotel in a stunning quiet location. All the staff were very helpful and and attentive. The room was very well appointed we even had a TV in the bathroom. The leisure facilities are well worth a visit with a small but well equipped gym,steam room, sauna, 9 meter swimming pol and a jacuzzi. Food was served by very attentive staff and was always cooked to perfection. All in all a very pleasant stay and will be going back next year.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
JonathanOwen, General Manager at Rhinefield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for listing your feedback on Trip Advisor following your 2 night stay.

Rhinefield House is set in a stunning location deep within the New Forest.

Over the past few months we have seen a real focus from guests leaving reviews on Trip Advisor highlighting how professional, natural and helpful the team members are. I firmly believe it is this hospitality that makes a hotel and thankfully at Rhinefield I believe we are blessed with excellent staff.

I look forward to welcoming you to Rhinefield next year and extending our very best service to you.

Jonathan Owen

Write a ReviewReviews (1,833)

Reviewed 12 October 2011

What a wonderful place Rhinefield House is. The service was friendly prompt and attentive, the setting second to none, the food of the highest quality and the room glorious!

This was our fourth visit to Rhinefield in a year following our fabulous Wedding there last June. The grounds are large with a stunning driveway leading to the beautiful old hunting lodge. Being set in the heart of the New Forest means exploring the idyllic surroundings is a treat. Walking the well kept grounds could not be better.

It is perfect for lunch, afternoon tea or a dining experience. We went on a deal including, room, 3 course dinner, complimentary champagne and breakfast. The value for money was outstanding. Along with this we had the pleasure of being upgraded to the Walker (bridal) suite on our arrival. It was a real treat to get to enjoy the room we were too busy to really experience on our wedding day.

There is little more we could want from a hotel. The gym and spa were great and fortunately when we have stayed it has always been quiet.

We couldn't fault any of our trips to Rhinefield and we will certainly be going back for years to come especially for treats, birthdays and Anniversaries.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
JonathanOwen, General Manager at Rhinefield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

It is always special to welcome back repeat guests and at Rhinefield House thankfully this is a daily occurrence. I was so pleased to read you enjoyed our upgrade to the Walker Suite as on your wedding day time does fly and you do not get the opportunity to relax in such a fantastic suite.

Our recent celebration package of dinner bed and breakfast with a bottle of champagne has been very successful and we are now opening dates up in November for guests to enjoy this package on.

On behalf of the team I cannot wait to welcome you back to Rhinefield house in the near future.

Reviewed 12 October 2011

This hotel has amazing grounds and is situated in the middle of dense forest and so is quiet, calming and relaxing. We took advantage of the well appointed leisure facilities and chilled out in the jacuzzi, steam and sauna room, as well as in the relaxation room which was a lovely touch, complete with complimentary tea/ coffee/ juice. The room was lovely and spacious with thick large towels and the bed was extremely comfy. The room was cleaned to a very high standard and the bathroom was spacious. Breakfast was lovely, although the service was a little slow - but this was of little consequence as we were busy perusing the morning papers! We ate at the Grill Restaurant which was delcious- although perhaps next time I would take advantage of any Bed and Breakfast Dinner rates as this is better value for money. All the staff were very helpful and only too happy to help - even while a lot of the team were obviously busy with a wedding.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed our health club and found your bedroom to be spacious and comfortable.

I have noted your concern on the speed of service with breakfast and whilst you enjoyed the experience this is an area I will focus the team on over the coming days.

Since opening the Grill Room in June of this year we have received numerous positive comments about service and food quality. With the excellent Hampshire fayre on our doorstep Norman my head chef is able to change the menu frequently to harness the very best ingredients some even come from the forest!

I will certainly convey your kind words to the team who I know take a real pride in looking after our guests.

Reviewed 12 October 2011

My son and daughter-in-law arranged a surprise trip to the New Forest staying at the Rhinefield House Hotel for my 60th birthday. It was fantastic. The hotel, grounds, service and food were first class - I wish I could have stayed for a week !!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for using Trip Advisor to list your feedback following your recent stay at Rhinefield House Hotel.

May I convey my congratulations on your recent birthday!

There is definitely no finer hotel to stay in when celebrating birthdays. What a fantastic present your son and daughter in-law bought for you.

I was so pleased to read that all aspects of your stay exceeded your expectations and I will ensure these comments are relayed to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Rhinefield House when I am confident you will receive our very best attention.

Reviewed 11 October 2011

Our bedrooms in the new part of the hotel were pleasant as were the bathrooms. The turndown service didn't empty the bins,replace the towels or remove the bedspread.We were at a loss to know what they had done except leave some water and the breakfast menu.
Dinner in the grill room was very underwhelming with poorly cooked food and no atmosphere as we were the only Four in the restaurant.
Breakfast was even worse with dirty teapots and coffee pots and a cracked tea cup. When we asked for a tea strainer we were give one that still had the previous users tea leaves in it.
All in all an experience not to be repeated!

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank zilli34
JonathanOwen, General Manager at Rhinefield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback following your stay.

I was most disappointed to read you did not enjoy your stay and that on this occasion we did not exceed your expectations. Constructive feedback is essential to Rhinefield House as we strive for excellence in all areas. Your specific comments about housekeeping and breakfast will allow me to challenge those heads of department in reviewing their service and conducting short burst training with their teams to ensure our high standards of hospitality are maintained. I am confident that should you return to Rhinefield House you will receive our very best attention.

Reviewed 7 October 2011

We initially chose this hotel for our 3 night stay because we felt that a manager willing to reply to every review of his hotel deserved a visit!How glad we are that we did.This is a truly beautiful hotel surrounded by gorgeous grounds in the heart of the New Forest and only 20 minutes away from the coast. The room was spacious and comfortable. What a relief to have a proper hair dryer instead of one attached to the wall where you press the button to keep it going!Other nice touches were thick fluffy towels placed on the heated towel rail and a fridge stocked with complimentary water and milk. We planned to eat out each night but ended up eating in the hotel. Although a little expensive it was well worth it.The breakfasts were cooked to order and delicious. Without exception the staff were friendly and helpful and did everything they could to make our stay an enjoyable one. They succeeded beyond expectations.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pauline06
JonathanOwen, General Manager at Rhinefield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2011

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.
I firmly believe that it is important to reply to all reviews as this does allow me to relay my thoughts and findings. Our new laundry company are certainly a hit with exceptional quality of linen and towels which you enjoyed. Thank you for your kind words about the team which I will have a real pleasure in relaying to them this afternoon.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Rhinefield House and the New Forest in the near future.

Reviewed 7 October 2011

I was treated to a surprise trip to this Hotel In June 2011. We stayed just 1 night but it was fantastic from the imposing drive up to the magnificent building I knew I was going to be spoilt - and I was right. The staff were so attentive (but not imposing), the decor and rooms were beyond belief. The restaurant, bar and rooms were meticulously clean and beautifully decorated. An additional treat was a massage and use of the leisure facilities - I had the best massage ever! At the end of the treat I felt years younger and refreshed. The beautiful setting of the New Forest was picture book perfect - and even the weather was kind!
I can't wait for Christmas now as have just been told a 2 night break at a Handpicked Hotel is my Christmas present - counting the days!!!

Room Tip: Would imagine any room in this magnificent building would be perfect!