I booked a mid-week stay at Rhinefield House to celebrate my wife’s birthday. We stayed in an Executive Room in the new annex which was opened Sept. 07. I was advised that this room would be sufficient for us to stay in with our 3 children (aged 10, 7 & 3). In fairness it was. The older two slept on a sofa bed and the youngest in a travel cot (provided). The room was clean and contempory in design but I would have preferred two adjoining rooms in hindsight. Upon arrival (impressive approach through Ornamental Drive) we were greeted by friendly reception staff and a porter helped us to our room. The large plasma screen TV and the smaller LCD TV in the bathroom were nice touches. The room could use more information/welcome pack but it’s very comfortable on the whole. The spa/pool area is very clean and well maintained but fairly small when you consider that this is a large hotel. The interior of the hotel is impressive with beautiful dining areas. The Maître de in the main restaurant is new and we found him to be friendly and informed. The food is very good but I was surprised that the menu remained the same during our stay. The brassiere is great for a light snack and the children enjoyed their food in there. Lucie, the brassiere manager, was great; she was friendly and accommodating to my children’s requirements. The grounds are beautifully maintained, it’s a stunning location. Things to note however, the glass in the new annex is NOT privacy glass although it appears as such so be warned! Also the hotel bar area could use a freshen-up/redec. as there is a “pub” smell which is probably a hang-over from the days when you could smoke in the building. Overall, we had a great stay and we will definitely return. Previous comments regarding staff efficiency and courtesy were not observed during our stay, quite the opposite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a magical secret, Rhinefield House is located deep within the New Forest National Park. Step inside and the aura of magic simply deepens - and nowhere more spectacularly than in the Alhambra Room, bedecked in glittering jewels. With beautiful surroundings and a blend of Tudor and Gothic architecture, Rhinefield is the most perfect fairytale wedding venue. It is also the ideal setting for an indulgent break and an inspiring conference venue for meetings, team building or product launches. Downtime means the chance to take in the great outdoors we have on our doorstep, whether its pony trekking, long walks in the forest or a day trip to the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Rhinefield House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rhinefield House Hotel Brockenhurst, New Forest
- Rhinefield Hotel Brockenhurst