My husband and I stayed here for our second wedding anniversary, and while we enjoyed our stay on the whole, there were a few aspects that we had higher expectations of than we received.
On check in, we were shown to the lounge with our bags, rather than them being stored in a luggage room, which unfortunately led to the waitor tripping over them, as there was no where to store them. During our cream tea, the drinks I had pre ordered were not remembered, and those we did order were slow in coming. My husband struggled to gain any ones attention to re order, meaning we had finished all our cream tea before we were served tea and coffee.
We received no information about the hotel on check in, no information regarding breakfast times, locations of restaurants, or the spa, which meant we spent alot of time at reception asking constant questions, for which the information could have been provided during check in.
The rooms were very tired, and very much require a refurb, which I have since been advised by the Hotel is planned for next year. The shower in the hotel room was lacking any power at all, however the bed itself was comfortable, but it would have been nice to have had a temperature control in the room (we found it to be far too hot) and also a few extra pillows in the wardrobe. Turn down service is detailed within the hotel guide, however we never received this, nor saw it taking place.
When using the spa facilities, although not the fault of the hotel, there were a lot children running and jumping into the pool, running around the spa bath, and then they took our towels, leaving us to walk through reception in our swim wear to collect more. Unfortunately it wasn't the relaxing experience we had sought, it may be beneficial to monitor how many are using the facilities, so that it doesn't get too busy, particularly in the changing rooms etc.
We had dinner in the grill, which was a lovely meal, however were disappointed when the £43 bottle of white wine we ordered was served at room temperature, meaning I had to request ice cubes to chill it down - very disappointing to water down a lovely wine, in order to make it a drinkable temperature!!
At breakfast the next morning, again our drinks were not provided until many requests, drinks were not replenished and also my husbands breakfast was served incorrectly, meaning we had to wait for his to be re cooked. This was all done very slowly, and we were left without toast and drinks regularly, it became quite frustrating to keep having to ask for these things.
We also felt that as we were celebrating our second wedding this would have been acknowledged by the hotel, however despite mentioning this at booking, and check in, we received no acknowledgement of this. Other hotels have done this before, and it would have been a nice touch to make our stay more memorable. I probably wouldn't stay here again, as feel its not the luxury hotel that its marketted to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a magical secret, Rhinefield House is located deep within the New Forest National Park. Step inside and the aura of magic simply deepens - and nowhere more spectacularly than in the Alhambra Room, bedecked in glittering jewels. With beautiful surroundings and a blend of Tudor and Gothic architecture, Rhinefield is the most perfect fairytale wedding venue. It is also the ideal setting for an indulgent break and an inspiring conference venue for meetings, team building or product launches. Downtime means the chance to take in the great outdoors we have on our doorstep, whether its pony trekking, long walks in the forest or a day trip to the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Rhinefield House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rhinefield House Hotel Brockenhurst, New Forest
- Rhinefield Hotel Brockenhurst