The approach to the Hotel through the New Forest and into the forest garden at the front of the Hotel raises the anticipation of your arrival. The staff were courteous and the modern room in the annex overlooked the forest with a full wall window. HINT : ramblers do walk through the woods so remember to pull the curtains when changing so save scaring them, you may be eating a meal next to one later, which could lead to some odd looks.
Dinner in main restaurant was everything expected of a 5 star facility. We had dinner in the Grill on night which was less formal but excellent food and service geat
In terms of diversions a walk around the grounds after breakfast will help work up the appetite for lunch. We recommend to carry a bag of breadcrumbs, not to stave off hunger, but so as to leave a trail through the Maze for when you get lost.
The subterranean pool is quiet and well maintained if a little bland. The Hot Tub is interesting despite supposedly set at 37 Deg C, would allow you to soft boil an egg in 2 mins. HINT: the on-off switch is on the floor next to a health and safety notice, ignore the large unmarked button on the wall, this is the panic alarm- the staff were very understanding and says it happens all the time.
Overall we would go again, as soon as we have a chance.
HINT: the pubs in Brockenhurst are great for lunch, and the Tea Rooms at Station House, Holmsley are a must when visiting the New Forest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a magical secret, Rhinefield House is located deep within the New Forest National Park. Step inside and the aura of magic simply deepens - and nowhere more spectacularly than in the Alhambra Room, bedecked in glittering jewels. With beautiful surroundings and a blend of Tudor and Gothic architecture, Rhinefield is the most perfect fairytale wedding venue. It is also the ideal setting for an indulgent break and an inspiring conference venue for meetings, team building or product launches. Downtime means the chance to take in the great outdoors we have on our doorstep, whether its pony trekking, long walks in the forest or a day trip to the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Rhinefield House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rhinefield House Hotel Brockenhurst, New Forest
- Rhinefield Hotel Brockenhurst