I booked this hotel through offpeakluxury for my boyfriends birthday for two nights. We were in awe of the location as you drive up through the new forest which was just amazing. The hotel itself is very impressive and the staff were all very friendly. I was a bit disappointed as we didn't get our complimentary upgrade but the room was very nice anyway but the bath was pretty standard and way too small for even me let alone my boyfriend! On our first night we ate at the grill which was lovely though service was very slow even though there was only about 4 couples, we sat down at 8 and left at 11.30! Though they did say sorry for the wait and brought is a sorbet Inbetween starter and main. The next day we had breakfast which was very nice and not small like you get in some places, we then decided to check out the spa which is quite confusing to get to (not many signs) but was lovely once we got there quite small so we had to wait for the jacuzzi quite a bit. Whilst in their we met a very nice couple that advised us that service and food was much nicer in the main restaurant so we were looking forward to our evening meal. We then went back to our room and had room service which was very nice and then went down to our champagne afternoon tea which was included in the package deal I got. It was very busy and obvious that the staff were overwhelmed and they forgot the 'champagne' part but was overall a very nice little tea break. We then had dinner at the armada which was lovely! I'm quite picky about my food and even I was able to find something I liked, it was a lovely atmosphere and the waiters were very attentive we wished we had eaten there the evening before, especially since on checkout it turned out that eating at the grill we only actually got something like £37 towards our meal which I was not told so I ended up paying extra which I was not happy about and when I said that maybe they should make people aware of this they didn't reply which made me think that this was not the first time they've done this-basically even though the armada is more expensive that would have been all included where as the slightly cheaper grill restaurant I had to pay extra! Though we were offered to book both without being told this. This put a real dampener on the weekend for me, but overall was a lovely hotel and we will visit again just not eat at the grill! Would definitely recommend and would say not to visit the swan pub on the corner as you drive through lyndhurst but definitely visit the new forest wildlife park it was a great day out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a magical secret, Rhinefield House is located deep within the New Forest National Park. Step inside and the aura of magic simply deepens - and nowhere more spectacularly than in the Alhambra Room, bedecked in glittering jewels. With beautiful surroundings and a blend of Tudor and Gothic architecture, Rhinefield is the most perfect fairytale wedding venue. It is also the ideal setting for an indulgent break and an inspiring conference venue for meetings, team building or product launches. Downtime means the chance to take in the great outdoors we have on our doorstep, whether its pony trekking, long walks in the forest or a day trip to the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com and Superbreak UK so you can book your Rhinefield House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rhinefield House Hotel Brockenhurst, New Forest
- Rhinefield Hotel Brockenhurst