“Fantastic Hotel”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Surrey
“Fantastic Hotel”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Decided my other half should treat me on my birthday ! We booked for one night with dinner, bed and breakfast

The hotel and grounds are superb in every way. Our room was equally as good (huge) and the service of the staff is second to nine.

The menu is to an extremely high standard and worthy of any fine dining restaurant.

We didn't try the pool as the area is quite small and looked a little dark. Popped into the fitness room to have a look and is well appointed.

There was a wedding fayre during the evening and I have to say that I nearly gave in and arranged the wedding - absolutely stunning venue.

The only downside was the fire alarm going off twice at 4.00 in the morning which i feel we should have received an apology and explanation - perhaps a free bottle of wine would have been nice too... The hotel mantra is after all "peace" and relaxation!!

Room Tip: A room in the new block
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark D, General Manager at Rhinefield House Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Nicky
Happy belated Birthday from us all at Rhinefield, and thank you for choosing to spend it with us. I was really pleased that you had enjoyed all the aspects of your stay and the chefs are really chuffed you enjoyed the food so much.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Our third visit in less than a year. This time, we stayed over the weekend with some friends who were thoroughly impressed. The hotel also set up a lunch party for a large group of friends to celebrate my wife's 'BIG' birthday. Everything worked perfectly and much credit goes to Hannah for the pre-planning and especially to Silvi George who looked after us so well during our stay. Food was excellent and we had some very good wines (rather a lot actually). As with my previous visits, having tasted a good wine, I tend to come home and search for somewhere to buy it locally. It is quite shocking to see the mark-up they place on wine but this doesn't detract from the experience of this very good hotel and their superb staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank GerryW1952
Dear Gerry
It was really great to have you stay with us again and a Happy Birthday to your wife. I was really pleased that you and all your friends enjoyed the party and thank you for your kind words about Silvi.
dorset uk
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We had lunch today at Rhinefield Hotel, the dinning area was very pleasant with lovely views, service was great and the food was very tasty, we both thoroughly enjoyed it. The grounds around the hotel are also lovely great to walk around see the lovely flowers. Would highly recommend a visit here for food. There is a set menu for a 2 or 3 course which we had and it is very good value for money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wendy j
Dear Wendy
Thank you for your lovely review of the lunch you had here with us at Rhinefield. We are really proud of our lunch offering in the Grill Room over looking the ornamental pond and its great value for money.
Halstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel through offpeakluxury for my boyfriends birthday for two nights. We were in awe of the location as you drive up through the new forest which was just amazing. The hotel itself is very impressive and the staff were all very friendly. I was a bit disappointed as we didn't get our complimentary upgrade but the room was very nice anyway but the bath was pretty standard and way too small for even me let alone my boyfriend! On our first night we ate at the grill which was lovely though service was very slow even though there was only about 4 couples, we sat down at 8 and left at 11.30! Though they did say sorry for the wait and brought is a sorbet Inbetween starter and main. The next day we had breakfast which was very nice and not small like you get in some places, we then decided to check out the spa which is quite confusing to get to (not many signs) but was lovely once we got there quite small so we had to wait for the jacuzzi quite a bit. Whilst in their we met a very nice couple that advised us that service and food was much nicer in the main restaurant so we were looking forward to our evening meal. We then went back to our room and had room service which was very nice and then went down to our champagne afternoon tea which was included in the package deal I got. It was very busy and obvious that the staff were overwhelmed and they forgot the 'champagne' part but was overall a very nice little tea break. We then had dinner at the armada which was lovely! I'm quite picky about my food and even I was able to find something I liked, it was a lovely atmosphere and the waiters were very attentive we wished we had eaten there the evening before, especially since on checkout it turned out that eating at the grill we only actually got something like £37 towards our meal which I was not told so I ended up paying extra which I was not happy about and when I said that maybe they should make people aware of this they didn't reply which made me think that this was not the first time they've done this-basically even though the armada is more expensive that would have been all included where as the slightly cheaper grill restaurant I had to pay extra! Though we were offered to book both without being told this. This put a real dampener on the weekend for me, but overall was a lovely hotel and we will visit again just not eat at the grill! Would definitely recommend and would say not to visit the swan pub on the corner as you drive through lyndhurst but definitely visit the new forest wildlife park it was a great day out!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Ljarlett
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of us here at Rhinefield to Trip Advisor. I was really pleased to read that overall you had enjoyed your stay with us and i am sorry that there was confusion over the dinner allocation. I have discussed this with our Front Office team so the confusion does not occur with future guests.
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We recently stayed in this hotel for a couple of nights with a group of friends for an annual reunion.
The setting of the hotel in the middle of the New Forest is delightful.
Our meals were good as was our executive room.
But above all we were so pleased with the service; from being greeted at the door and our cases taken for us to our pleasant room; the bar service in the lounge where the on the second night'sour seats were ready and arranged for us and the barman could remember our previous nights order; the silver service in our private dining rooms (which had very interesting decor) which was prompt, efficient yet friendly despite a wedding reception taking place in the hotel at the same time.
Overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank pat190764
Dear Pat
Thank you for your recent posting to Trip Advisor and thank you for choosing to hold your reunion with us here at Rhinefield. I was really pleased to read that it had been such a success and as ever I am always very happy when the team are mentioned for the quality of their service. Thank you.
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

my boyfriend and I stayed at the Rhinefield House Hotel for a night in May. When we first arrived we checked in and got shown to our room, the women at reception was lovely! Our room overlooked the fountains and the view was stunning, the room we stayed in was lovely, very modern. We walked around the grounds and around the new forest for a few hours, there are lots of wild rabbits and horses which are very tame. The breakfast was great! Overall the whole stay was amazing, great staff and a perfect hotel and location!!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank laura1045
Dear Laura
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Rhinefield House to Trip Advisor. It is fantastic that you enjoyed your time with us here at the Hotel and indeed out and about in the Forest.
Manaccan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My daughter had always said that should she get married she would like it to be at Rhinefield House Hotel.

Well, this wish came true on 24th April this year. She and I planned the wedding with the support and guidance of Katie, one of the hotel's wedding planners.. Thanks to Katie , Richard our Wedding Co-ordinator on the day plus all the brilliant staff at the hotel the day, was truly fabulous, as were you all. (We were exceptionally lucky with the weather as well ! )

The organisation, attention to detail and service were second to none. The courtesy extended was reminiscent of a a bygone age, and at a level sadly lacking in so many other establishments nowadays. We were all made to feel valued and special. Thank you all at Rhinefield.

To anyone looking for a magical venue, beautiful house and grounds, with old world values in terms of customer care then we would without hesitation recommend Rhinefield House Hotel.
Yes.. as you can tell we are very happy with our choice !

Room Tip: Ask for a executive room if you have small children as they are large enough to accomodate travel co...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Mark D, General Manager at Rhinefield House Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Forestgirl4
Thank you for your recent posting to Trip Advisor and I was so thrilled to read you had enjoyed your Daughters Wedding Day with us here at Rhinefield. It really is a truly magical place to have such a special day and I know the whole team will be over the moon that everyone enjoyed it so much. We look forward to seeing some photos when you have some.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
Balmer Lawn
The Crown Manor House Hotel
The Beaulieu Hotel
The Beaulieu Hotel
#2 of 2 in Beaulieu

Been to Rhinefield House Hotel? Share your experiences!