“very small bathroom” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Cloud Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brockenhurst
The Cloud Hotel
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Derby, United Kingdom
“very small bathroom”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

this hotel was always one we wanted to stay at but we were very disapointed we would not stay again
we had room no 24 whici was very small bathroom was really tiinyyou could not turn around in there
when we booked we werent made aware there was building work being done
it was very expensive for the facilities we had

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2011
I am disappointed to know that you did not enjoy your stay with us recently. Regarding the building work-- we did not know that the scaffolding would be outside your room when you made the booking due to the endless delays we have experienced from the builders.However we requested that the work did not start until 9-30am and should finish by 3-30pm so as not to disturb the customers and they did comply to our requirements.Our standards rooms are the smallest rooms in the hotel which is reflected in the price and as the hotel was fully booked at that time our larger rooms were not available. I thank you for your feed back which is always appreciated but I am disappointed you did not make me aware of your feelings at the time.I hope you might give us the opportunity to welcome you again and experience one of our larger rooms with forest views.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2011

We have recently stayed at the Cloud Hotel and have fallen in love with the New Forest. The staff were very welcoming and happy to accommodate my partner motorcycle during our stay.
We felt the location was perfect, lovely walks & lovely village right on your doorstep. The view from our room was lovely overlooking the forest for miles, with the lovely sounds from the horses some mornings.
The breakfast s& evening meal we had was lovely home-cooked food which was perfect after a day of sightseeing. The complimentary tea & coffees in the lounge areas was lovely too. We felt the hotel location and peaceful environment was very romantic which we wasn't expecting while away with friends but was really lovely memories for us both to take away. As a young couple we loved our stay thanks to the Cloud hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank lisaforbes2008
Kent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2011

We stayed just one night and would like to have stayed longer. I was asked if the booking was for a special occasion and as a result my son found a birthday card and small box of chocolate on our table at dinner. We had booked a twin bedded room and on arrival found that the room had been made up as a double, however the room was made up in accordance with our booking in very short order and apologies were made several times.
The room was not modern but was very clean and comfortable.
Dinner was very good and service was excellent, friendly and efficient but not intrusive.
We look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Rooms with a forest view are lovely.
  • Stayed April 2011
1 Thank zonez
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2010

The Cloud Hotel is warm, friendly and welcoming and one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in. The location is superb. The food is not adventurous but the Hotel caters for its clients who are mostly of the older generation who like their food plain and unpretentious. Having said that the food is always well cooked and well presented and the portions are generous (especially the desserts)!. The staff are always friendly, helpful and polite. If you, like me, hate the souless anonymity of chain hotels you really should visit the Cloud. Don't go if you are looking for scintillating night life or a rowdy time in the bar because you will be disappointed, but if you like a drink in a comfortable armchair and perhaps a quiet chat with one of your fellow guests then try the Cloud - it cannot be bettered.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2010

This hotel is fantastic!!!, I have travelled all around the Uk for the TV work I undertake and have to tell you the food is great and the hotel staff (all of them) make you feel very at home.. My partner and I are in our early 40s and are always made to feel very welcome, so are our frends that we have recommended, the bad review below is without a doubt from a local hotel who are fed up with the fact that this hotel is always so busy, try booking Sunday lunch!... dont take just my word for it, read all the other reviews... oh and Never seen a bad review before because the owner was busy and could not say hello...

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2010

Having just read a very caustic review I cannot believe anyone could be disappointed in the attention received by guests. The staff were all a pleasure to meet and the food was exceptional, always hot and an extremely good selection. My husband who is diabetic was even presented with a dessert made especially for him. Where do you find service like that?
Were it not for the journey we would be visiting on a very regular basis - and we are fussy!!
Dont be put off, it is just lovely.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

The Cloud Hotel is very well run, in a popular part of the New Forest, where you can rest in quiet surroundings without fuss and gain easy access to the surrounding area.
I have stayed at the Cloud on three different occasions over the past ten years or so and I know that if there was a drop in standards at the hotel, Mrs Owton would want to know about it in order to immediately put it right. The staff are helpful, without being 'overattentive'. Nothing is too much trouble.
The rooms are very well appointed in all respects.
Whilst I wouldn't say that three visits makes me a 'regular', I have met plenty of customers who have stayed there many times, which speaks volumes and from my own experiences, quite deservedly so.
It is a place to 'get away from it all, just relax and eat well, with good service. That's what I look forward to - and that's what I get.
Prospective visitors to the Cloud Hotel need have no fear of the odd negative report!
Very good value, but make your own mind up by checking their website, with photos and video coverage.
Personally, - "I'll be back!"

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank lex44
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
Cottage Lodge Hotel
Rhinefield House Hotel
#7 of 11 in Brockenhurst
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,619 reviews
The Crown Manor House Hotel

Been to The Cloud Hotel? Share your experiences!