“Good place to celebrate a special occasion”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Cloud Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brockenhurst
The Cloud Hotel
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Haywards Heath
“Good place to celebrate a special occasion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

We had a celebratory lunch at the cloud as it was my mother’s 80th birthday. I have been here several times before and it has always been a pleasant experience. The cloud is a small privately run hotel in the heart of the New Forest on the outskirts of Brokenhurst. On arriving we were shown into a small sitting room area with comfortable settees and armchairs so that we could have drinks and peruse the lunch menu before being shown to our table. This is quite a quaint old fashioned way of doing things and it’s something that either you like or you don’t. Personally I like it. After taking our orders the waitress showed up to our table. The restaurant is very pleasant too with a view out over the forest. The meal was of a reasonably good standard and prices are about what you might expect for this type of dining. This is a good setting for those special occasions and one which most people will enjoy.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank JustVisiting59
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
I'm delighted to know you enjoyed your Mother's 80th birthday lunch at the Cloud Hotel and your kind comments have been passed on to the staff. I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Both positive and negative feedback is appreciated as it helps us to keep up our standards. I hope I shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Cloud again one day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

We have just returned from a long weekend at The Cloud.I had booked for 13 of us to stay for my birthday and it was wonderful! We could not have been looked afer any better. Lovely friendly, cosy hotel in a beautiful location. The food was excellent too with a great choice of fresh, home cooked dishes.There are many lovely little extras including the bottle of water and biscuit given to everyone as they checked out "for the journey home" A real gem!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Vanessa3276
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
It is our aim at the Cloud Hotel to give everyone an enjoyable and relaxing stay and I'm delighted to know how much you enjoyed your birthday celebrations and thank you for taking the time to tell us. It is always greatly appreciated by myself and my staff. It was a pleasure to meet your lovely family, I only wish I could have provided you with better weather but that really is out of my control! I look forward to having the pleasure of your company sometime in the future.
Pontefract, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

Had a faultless stay once again, the staff are so friendly and welcoming. The menu caters for every taste and the meals are very good. The service is exceptional and nothing seems to much trouble. The bedroom was spotless as always, as was everywhere in the hotel. Hope to return this year as love the hotel and the area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Pauline E
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Thank you so much for your review and I really appreciate you taking the time to tell us how much you always enjoy your stay at The Cloud Hotel. Business is like dance, you can never stand still and we are always striving for excellence at the Cloud Hotel. I am very lucky having such a committed and hard working team supporting me. A positive review rewards them for all their hard work. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Cloud Hotel again soon.
Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

First class service, food and hospitality. We have visited before and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Colin B
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
I'm delighted you have always enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind comments. They have been passed on to the staff who always appreciate it when a guest takes the time to give positive feedback. I look forward to having the pleasure of your company sometime in the near future.
eastbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

they say every cloud has a silver lining..we have found one with several!!!! this hotel, for a 2 star one has everything .we stayed for a long weekend the weekend before last and it was perfect for us in every way . we tried very hard to find a fault but it was impossible. we have booked again for september. try this hotel ,you wont be disappointed ... philip from eastbourne

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank philipEastbourne
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2012
Thank you for your lovely review and I'm delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We take all feedback seriously both good and bad but of course we much prefer to have positive reviews and it is good for my staff to know their hard work is appreciated. We will be delighted to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Cloud Hotel.
hayliing island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I have stayed at this cosy hotel many times over many years and have recomended it often for a short break in the beautiful new forest, but things are not quite as crisp as they used to be.
Really bright lighting in the dining room at dinner? turned the dimmer switch down with the agreement of the other diners , the waitress turned it back up again. We found the waiter to be rather curt and condesending. The roulard we were expecting turned out to be a slice of ham with cream cheese spread on it and rolled up!!! the cod with banana and chutney arrived naked and was sent back to be embleshed with sliced raw banana and and the promised chutney. When we asked the waiter what the house wines was we were informed "it was a mixture". breakfast is not served before 8 am but they will arrange for room service but it all seemed such a trouble for everyone, you are told that the chef has to come in early if you want toast and fruit juice, should we feel guilty at £110,per night dinner ,bed and breakfast? All such a shame. The location is what wins through , sadly the hotel no longer does.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank happy70_11
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
I am disappointed to read your comments and am sorry you felt the hotel was not as good as it used to be. I'm interested to know when you last came to the hotel as we have no records of you having been before.I understand from the staff that you were offered a continental breakfast in your room but declined. It certainly would not have been too much trouble so I'm sorry you felt that way. I welcome regular customers back every year and I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your one night stay but I thank you for your feedback. Your comments have been passed on to the staff as it is important for them to recognise how a customer feels about their stay either good or bad.
Chichester UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

We had a lovely 3 night break last weekend. Staff very friendly and helpful, including the proprietor Avril Owton. Food good, bed comfortable. Ideal location looking out over the open heath and forest.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FJWChichesterUK
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to give the Cloud Hotel such a positive review. It is always good for myself and my staff to know how much a guest has enjoyed themselves and we really appreciate your feedback. I hope I shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Cloud Hotel again soon.