The Cloud Hotel
Rhinefield House Hotel(Brockenhurst)
US$216
US$208
  • Breakfast included
Cottage Lodge Hotel(Brockenhurst)(Great Value!)
US$78
  • Restaurant
New Park Manor(Brockenhurst)
Forest Park Hotel(Brockenhurst)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsnew forestgrab railsjourney homequiet surroundingsbiscuitssunday lunchspecial occasionson arrivaltraditional hotelroast potatoescomfortable hotellocation was perfectexcellent hotelfunction roomvery attentive staffforest viewreception area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We stayed at the Cloud as a group, with differing numbers on different days. We were delighted with service at the hotel. Every member of staff knew who was with our group, who was staying when, how many were dining etc. We have never come across this in many other hotels we have visited in similar circumstances.

The rooms were varied in size, the smallest were fine although the shower room was tiny but adequate. The standard of cleaning were exemplary rarely can I not find an odd corner not as clean as I would like it, but I failed here!!

The food was our only complaint, it is too good and too generous!! Having been forced at gunpoint to finish every course every day, I gained weight. Seriously it was a wonderful experience. Some little personal touches, tea and scrummy home made biscuits on arrival, a bottle of water and a biscuit each on leaving and a glass of champagne one evening with the elegant proprietor all added to the charm.

Having read other reviews, yes the clientele tended on the whole to be older, but this is because they were all return visitors who know something good when they get it. To stop this some younger folk should get in there and enjoy a lovely hotel in a fantastic setting

Room Tip: No lifts but you do get help with luggage. 2nd floor roms have smallest showers.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Joanne B
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Thank you so much for your excellent review of the Cloud Hotel. I'm delighted to know how much you all enjoyed your stay with us and your positive feedback has been shown to the staff. Positive feedback not only rewards the staff and makes them feel valued but also encourages us all to keep up our standards. Our reward is knowing that a customer has enjoyed their experience at the Cloud. I hope I will have the pleasure of welcoming you all back to the Cloud one day we thoroughly enjoyed your company too.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

Had a relaxing weekend ,the staff are very friendly as is the owner. The view over the forest from our room was lovely , seeing all the wildlife first thing in the morning . Breakfast was a treat lots to pick from and the evening meal was good . We eat out one night at the Le Blaireau which was a highlight fantastic food great service would eat there again and again. Room was clean and very comfortable .

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank clint58
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your stay at the Cloud Hotel. I'm delighted to know you enjoyed yourselves and had a relaxing weekend. I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back and giving you another relaxing and enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

My wife and I visited the Cloud Hotel and found the staff to be helpful and non-intrusive. The Hotel is in a fantastic location with ponies wandering up to the entrance. We will be coming back to enjoy the peaceful atmosphere, great views and kind staff. A real find!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lucas J
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Cloud sometime in the future and am delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to gives us your feedback it is much appreciated by myself and my staff.

Reviewed 26 May 2012

We booked the Cloud for a group 65th birthday celebration. There were 13 of us and we enjoyed first class service. The rooms and the whole hotel were well decorated, clean and in good condition.
As for the food - excellent - good English food, well cooked and beautifully presented.
Finally the staff. Every single member of staff from the owner down was most welcoming and helpful.
In short nothing but praise from everyone in our party.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Richardxx
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

I'm delighted to know how much you all enjoyed your stay at the Cloud Hotel and thank you for taking the time to give us such a positive feedback. Your kind comments have been passed on to the staff and I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Cloud sometime in the future.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

For the size of the rooms and the lack of parking this was a very expensive hotel set on the roadside. Without doubt this is one of God's waiting rooms

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank MGTDArgyll

Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed that you feel that way but as 80% of my customers return and some of them for many years the majority of my customers enjoy the ambience and relaxing atmosphere of the hotel. I appreciate we will never please all of our guests and I am sorry you were not one of them but I always take on board any comments.