“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Cloud Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brockenhurst
The Cloud Hotel
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Brockenhurst
New York City, New York
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I went to stay at The Cloud to meet with my best friend. She and her husband stay there often. I was very pleasantly surprised at the level of service provided by the hotel. All the staff were exceptionally helpful and clearly wished my stay to be perfect. You step outside the frontdoor, cross a lane and are immediately in the midst of the beautiful New Forest with its ponies. You can walk or cycle for miles. There were three vegetarian choices on the menu (a first for me) and the wine was exceptionally good. Although I asked for a basic room and it was shall we say "bijou", it had everything I needed, including a spotless ensuite bathroom. I was greeted with a free pot of tea and I left with a little goody-bag of water and cakes. There were little extra touches here that made all the difference and, compared with other hotels, I thought it was very good value for money.

Room Tip: It was during the heatwave that I stayed but my room was double aspect so I was able to get some air...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank VPotts
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Our aim at the Cloud Hotel is to make everyone's stay a happy and comfortable experience and receiving such a positive review rewards my staff for their excellent service, hard work and loyalty. Like myself the staff appreciate you taking the time to give the Cloud Hotel such a good review and I hope we will have the pleasure of your company again one day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Bognor Regis
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Our second visit to The Cloud this year. This time with Mum & Dad for mum's 90th birthday.
We were not disappointed, as usual nothing was too much trouble and the service was again excellent. We would like to thank Avril and all the staff for making mum's birthday extra special.
Mum said it was the best present she could have been given.
We shall return in November for our third visit this year.
Thanks again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank JoJax
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank you so much for your review and I'm delighted to know how much you all enjoyed your Mum's 90th birthday celebrations and we look forward to welcoming you back in November. As always I have shared your review with my loyal team who really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback as it is important for them to know that their hard work is appreciated.
Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We have recently returned from yet another break at The Cloud Hotel. As usual everything was first class! A warm welcome, very friendly staff and wonderful food. We always meet many interesting people when we visit and the fact that there are several small lounges makes it feel more friendly than having just one large lounge - much more relaxing! Several people we met said 'It was like a home from home' and we agree. Thankyou Avril and all the Staff for making our stay so enjoyable. We will be back again later in the year.

Room Tip: We have always been happy with a room on the first floor overlooking the garden.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Patricia M
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
It was a pleasure to welcome you back to the Cloud again and thank you for your positive review which was very much appreciated by myself and my staff. We really enjoy welcoming back so many regular customers and we look forward to seeing you again later in the year.
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This hotel/restaurant is absolutely fabulous and right in the centre of the New Forest and situated in Brockenhurst. We went there as a family party for my aunt's 80th birthday and could not have wished for anything nicer. The staff were attentive to everyone's needs and nothing was too much trouble for them. We ate in the conservatory which leads on to the garden as there were about 30 of us and it was a beautiful day.

Room Tip: Always reserve a table as you can imagine it gets quite fully booked by locals as well as visitors t...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank whatcanwesay
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
I'm delighted to know how much you all enjoyed your Aunt's 80th birthday celebrations and thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with my team. Like me they really appreciate receiving such positive feedback. I hope we shall have the pleasure of your company again sometime in the future.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

Another stay at the Cloud Hotel exceeded all my expectations again.A great place to take your Mother or Father to get thoroughly spoiled. Everything is excellent and the staff team should be commended on their attention to detail, smiling faces and warm personalities. Loved it and will be back.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Denise2468
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
It was a pleasure to welcome you back to the Cloud Hotel and many thanks for your positive review which is really appreciated by myself and my staff. I look forward to having the pleasure of your company sometime in the future when you visit England again.
Hook, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I have just returned from the Cloud Hotel after a long weekend break, which included my mums 80th birthday party. We had family of all ages and they all enjoyed the superb food and the excellent service, which you all should be, very proud of. Mandy has the service, off to a tee, keep up the good work!! My mum had a great time, the weather was excellent, and I can't fault the hotel. We stayed in room11 overlooking the Forrest and the ponies could often be seen. Looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 11 facing onto the forrest, which is why you visit this part of the world.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Philipc2000
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
I'm so pleased to know how much you all enjoyed your Mum's 80th birthday celebrations and thank you for taking the time to give the Cloud Hotel and the staff such a positive review. I was particularly delighted to know the younger members of the family enjoyed their stay and I have shared your kind comments with the staff who like me greatly appreciate receiving such positive feedback. I hope we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Cloud Hotel sometime in the future.
London
Reviewed 27 May 2013

..about 'The Cloud'. Its owner has absolutely perfectly pitched her offering to the demographic that uses her hotel; this is great business sense. As a guest, you will quickly understand the rationale behind the way the hotel works - it is, first and foremost, the brilliant outcome of its owner's business acumen; whether or not it's for you, of course, is up to you, and most of the (very few) adverse comments on this site are down to visitors who did not align with the demographic. I enjoyed our my stay at the Cloud, but think it is very pricey - £175 (room, B & B) a night is a not inconsiderable sum - our room was clean and comfortable but little more. The unfailingly cheerful and helpful staff reflect the ethos of the owner, and one can only admire some-one who can set, and maintain, such high standards of customer care, service delivery and maintenance. You will go here for the service and ambience - ideally you should be over 65.

Room Tip: don't know - only stayed in one!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Many thanks for you incisive and helpful comments!

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at The Cloud and that you appreciated our many strengths. We will certainly take into consideration your point about pricing (£175 B&B for two people, forest view room) when we review our tariff.

We welcome customers of all ages here at The Cloud, and indeed many of our customers are drawn from a younger demographic base. Having said that, we are also particularly delighted to be able to welcome our more mature guests, many of whom return time and time again.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Cloud sometime in the future!