“Good food and entertaining decor”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Cloud Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brockenhurst
The Cloud Hotel
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Seattle
“Good food and entertaining decor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

We called in for coffee in the morning to check out the dining room. Greeted by a pleasant receptionist and shown the lounges and dining room.We opted to sit in the very well cared for garden. Lovely waitress who was able to show us the dinner menu for that evening. Back in the evening for dinner which was well prepared and well served. Enjoyed the very comfortable lounges both before and after dinner and were much entertained by the memorabilia on the walls, especially in the loos!
Obviously a well run and much loved hotel.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank xiabuxiabu
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
As you have travelled all over the world it was particularly pleasing to me to know how much you enjoyed your visit to the Cloud Hotel. My staff join me in thanking you for such positive feedback and we really appreciate you taking the time to review the Hotel. Both positive and negative feedback is taken seriously at the Cloud Hotel but of course positive feedback rewards the staff for all their hard work and loyalty to the Cloud Hotel and is much preferred.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed for 3 nights and during this time we had excellent food and service-nothing was too much trouble from asking where to park in Lyndhurst to avoid traffic congestion, a flask of cold milk at night to take to bed, and the gardener took the time to tell us about the garden and how the pergola evolved from a brick shed.We almost missed seeing the garden and only ventured out on the last morning so please visit this beautiful garden and take time to sit and relax there..On the Sunday, we were joined by family and friends making a total of 9 of us for lunch and the service and food were excellent.It was lovely to be able to talk to each other without having to compete with the noise from often bustling restaurants.I would agree with the comments of Janfrankie and particularly welcomed the cosiness and friendliness of this hotel with its relaxed and homely seating areas-perfect for get togethers and chats Also,we were given complimentary water bottles and a home made biscuits for our long journey home- the warmth and little touches make all the difference. We will definitely be returning. Thank you so much to all the staff at the Cloud hotel for making our stay so wonderful and relaxing.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
I am always delighted to know that a customer has enjoyed their stay with us and appreciate you taking the time to give the Cloud Hotel such an excellent review. We have many lovely comments in our visitors book and letters from people who have stayed at the hotel, enjoyed a meal or sampled one of our cream teas but who do not put their comments on Tripadvisor for everyone to read. Your very kind comments have been passed on to my staff who like myself hope we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Cloud Hotel sometime in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

I am a regular costumer at this hotel as always I was very impressed with the excellent staff and service I received. So glad I have found such a wonderful place to stay in the New Forest. Will be looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Gemx15
Thank you for taking the time to give the Cloud Hotel such excellent feedback it is very much appreciated by myself and my staff and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Cloud again soon. Good feedback rewards my staff for all their hard work and loyalty.
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

This is a lovely hotel building and a beautiful garden area. As you enter there is a real wow factor as the decor is lovely, tasteful colours and homely feel. We dined in the restaurant and the menu outside said £29.95 for 3 courses. We were seated in the conservatory for drinks and to view the menus by a very charming and friendly lady Maitre D'.
We were not in the mood for a 3 course meal and asked a male waiter if we could just order a main course- his attitude was snooty and unfriendly- he said this was a Table d'hote menu (as if we didn't know what that was) and we could have one course but it would cost £29.95.
We were there with my partners parents- if we had been on our own I would have walked out at that point due to the unfriendliness that this request was met with, and the lack of flexibility on the part of the restaurant.There are plenty of other places to eat in the New Forest and I would expect that restaurants in the current climate would be a bit more careful of their customers.Especially as my partners parents live in the New Forest and left muttering that they would not be coming back.
We were informed by a lady waitress that our table was ready and we got up to follow her into the dining room- only to find that she had completely disappeared- we were left standing in the middle of the restaurant!! She appeared about 30 seconds later from the kitchen,but I have to say I have never encountered that before!!
I ordered a starter of crab and mango which was very tasty- however verging on the trade description act as there must have been 3 tiny bits of mango in there-my partner ordered the same and he found the same. My main course of asparagus and mushrooms with puff pastry 'pillow' was delicious and contained plenty of mushrooms but less than one spear of asparagus- a bit of a disappointment if you are an asparagus lover. And the pillow was verging on the burnt side. My partner's lamb was tough. Vegetables were delicious.
Overall we felt the overall evening was a disappointment and thought the service, with the exception of the lady Maitre d', perfunctory and verging on unfriendly- both the waiting staff looked miserable. Call me old fashioned but I do like to see, in a smart restaurant like this, the standard of serving on the right and clearing on the left upheld.
We did not make a fuss about anything because we were being taken out for a meal by the parents - I can see that the lady owner views this site and takes the trouble to reply and I hope that she does take our comments in a constructive way.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Midsummerlady
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
I can't tell you how disappointed I am to hear of your unfriendly experience on Saturday night and both members of staff have been made aware of your comments and I can only apologise. In fact I am the Maitre D' and the owner and get very upset when my staff let me down as they are well aware of the importance I put on customer service. We are actually a very busy hotel and have many very happy customers who return time and time again. We have had 97 reviews over the years and I serve double that number of people in a week so it is sad that the customers who do enjoy coming to the Cloud only write their positive comments in our visitors book. However there is certainly no excuse for the service you received and I apologise profusely.
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

It is clear that this peaceful and delightful little hotel has evolved to serve a certain clientele and if you want comfort, kindness, quality, tradition, personal attention, time to think and enjoy the nature of the beautiful New Forest, then this is the place for you. Think Agatha Christie rather than Lynda La Plante and you'll be half way there.Not a trick is missed to make you happy. Spotlessly clean surfaces, quality linens, comfy chairs, manicured garden, generous bedroom hot drinks trays and piping- hot traditional English meal choices with good old favourites given an imaginative twist here and there. Yes, it is best suited to the more mature couple perhaps but what is wrong with that? Some of us have travelled widely and believe me this is just what we needed for a midweek break with our elderly parents in tow. Customer service and mutual respect between the owner and her wonderful staff shine out!

Room Tip: Room 14 is roomy and only a few level paces from the bar, lounges and restaurant for anyone with mob...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Janfrankie
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give the Cloud hotel such a positive review and I'm delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again sometime in the future.
uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Have used this restaurent before and enjoyed . However , yesterday it was not such a good experience. Service very slow and decidedly unfriendly. Whilst having a drink in the bar area , we were forced to hear " why does she keep putting people by the bloody door! " . Not really what I would expect to hear . Took ages to place an order . Food was ok but could have been hotter . Shame as we were looking forward to it .

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank pol50
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
I am extremely disappointed and sorry for the language used by one of my staff who has been made aware of your review. This was quite unacceptable as the hotel has an excellent reputation for customer service. I can only apologise for the slow service but in our defence although we spread the timings of the bookings in the restaurant customers don't always stick to their allocated time and on the day you came everyone turned up at the same time making it difficult for my staff to give the service required. I hope we will have the pleasure of your company sometime in the future allowing us make your visit more enjoyable.
Horsham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

A collegue and I stayed at the Cloud last week. We were greeted and shown around by a lovely and very friendly lady. Our rooms were single rooms. They were clean and well equipped but quite warm it has to be said. Beds comfy with lovely soft pillows and good showers. We ate at the restaurant on two occasions. The food was very good with nice varied vegetarian choices. The staff were superb - excellent attention to detail. We were able to sit outside on the patio with our wine and staff came along with cushions for us as well as nuts and olives. The gardens were beautifully maintained. We really enjoyed out evenings. Being in our 30s and 40s it has to be said that the the cloud may be better suited to more elderely residents. We made good friends with a really lovely lady called Briget, who was the manager in Avril's absence. She was absolutely great and works really hard. She is very friendly and yet very professional. Most impressed. She made our stay!! Would recommne the Cloud but again may be better suited for older clients.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jacqui290966
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
I am so pleased to know how much you enjoyed your stay at the Cloud Hotel and to know that you were looked after so well in my absence! I appreciate the fact that I have a great team that supports me and your very kind comments have been passed on to them. I hope i shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Cloud Hotel sometime in the future.