“Sandy and Geoff Cornwall Great week”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Cloud Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brockenhurst
The Cloud Hotel
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Brockenhurst
plymouth
“Sandy and Geoff Cornwall Great week”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

We had a splendid week at the Cloud Hotel the staff were very welcoming friendly and efficient. The food was of a high standard and a varied menu,breakfast was delicious a great start to the day.Rooms are very clean, comfortable and well maintained. Many thanks to Mrs Avril Owton and staff for making our stay so enjoyable. We will definitely recommend and return.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
It was our pleasure to have you to stay at the Cloud Hotel and thank you for your lovely review. Positive reviews reward the staff for all their hard work and also pleases me to know we are providing our guests with a comfortable stay. I hope we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Cloud again sometime in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I booked this hotel at the last minute, as I was cycling a 100 mile event in the New Forest the following day. I didn't arrive until 10pm, but having phoned ahead, the kitchen stayed open for me to able to have something to eat. The food and service were excellent, with the decor in keeping with what I would expect in the new forest (ie not modern!). My review would definitely have been "excellent" if it wasn't for one glitch. In the morning, I woke up at 7:30 to find myself in a fairly cold room, and when I dragged myself out of bed to have a shower, I found the electric shower with no pressure, and alternating between boiling hot and freezing cold every 10 seconds, and I ended up having a sponge bath instead. It spoiled what should have been a luxury stay before a long hard day of cycling. However the staff were very apologetic, took my complaint seriously, didn't make any silly excuses, and offered me a 50% refund on the room unprompted. I understand the shower has now been fixed. Overall, the service here and attention to detail was excellent, as was the food. It was unfortunate that the shower was broken, but seeing how they dealt with it afterwards, I would definitely go again and/or recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Thank you for your review. We take both positive and negative genuine feedback seriously as that helps us to keep up the high standards we aim for. I'm sorry your stay was spoilt by the problems in your room but I hope we will have the pleasure of your company sometime in the future and once again thank you for making us aware of the problem with the shower.
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

we have just returned home after spending four great days exploring the new forest using the cloud hotel as our base and without hesitation we surgest everyone should stay here,superb food,service,staff and decor.
nothing was to much trouble for any member of the team,we look forward to staying at the cloud again soon

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Thank you so much for your 'Superb' review. We are all delighted that you enjoyed your 4 day stay with us and I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us such positive feedback. Good feedback rewards the staff for their hard work and I look forward to having the pleasure of your company in the future.
kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

We booked this hotel for a weekend away with friends, chosen as we liked the fact it was adult only. I got slightly anxious before we arrived as some reviewers suggested the hotel was mainly for older people, we were all young fifties!

I was reassured this was not the case on arrival, several other couples were of similar ages. The atmosphere was welcoming and peaceful. Rooms were clean and comfortable as was our king size beds. I liked all the areas to sit and have a drink, very relaxing, the nuts and olives on the tables to accompany your drinks was a nice touch. The garden looked lovely too but the weather had just turned so it was too wet to sit out.

The staff and service were very good and helpful. A useful tip was to leave the cars at the hotel and catch the train into Lymington. Food was hot and well presented. I wasn't too keen on listening to the Hoover though while we ate breakfast on both mornings.

our husbands did think the hotel was over priced but all hotels are expensive in the new forest and I found our stay very very enjoyable and peaceful. You are also paying for the lovely facilities like the restaurant and the cosy little bar, so you don't have to get in your car and drive.

I would recommend and return.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you for you review that is very much appreciated by myself and my staff. I am delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate your feedback re the hoover during breakfast. I have reported your comments to my housekeeping staff who will now leave the hoovering until after breakfast. I particularly like constructive feedback as it helps us to keep up the standards and please our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back.
Alanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

The following review was responded to by the manager of the hotel and then removed for not being substantive enough:
This is a long overdue review. A bit like the hotel itself I keep forgetting it. Great front of house staff but everything else very average. Probably accurately rated as the 7th best hotel in Brockenhurst.
I will therefore elaborate further on my experiences there. The hotel itself is clean and has a nice aspect to the front looking beyond the carpark out on the forest. The bedroom I had was small and if it helps the manager identify it further and who I am (as in her response she questioned whether I had stayed at all) it was a room with a mechanical device to deal with toilet waste. That is to say every time you flushed this motor spun into action to deal with the waste - not the most quiet device as you can imagine. Breakfast was fine but dinner in the evening was in my opinion poor with choices more akin to Sunday lunch. The small bar area was was more a small counter that opened onto a room that also served as a passageway from the reception area into the dining room. The decor here reflected the previous career of the proprietor. Apart from a garden off the restaurant there were no other facilities evident. The only contempory feature I saw during my stay was the daily newspaper. I'm sure there are people who like this style of premises but I'm not one. Futhermore I'm bemused by the fact that the manager saw fit to seek the removal of my original review despite her having commented on it. The reviews of The Cloud are in the main very positive but as I said in my original review probably the 7th best hotel in Brockenhurst. The reaction to my original review is sufficient to ensure I will stay in one of the six higher rated establishments the next time I'm in the area.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank SuperFalcons
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
I would be interested to know why it took you a year to review the hotel? Since you stayed in October 2012 the room has been refurbished and I have 2 new chefs so your review is out of date. I appreciate that the hotel did not suit your requirements and once again would like to bring to the attention of future customers that I have 103 reviews over a period of 5 years and to put it into perspective I serve approximately 100 customers in a day. We may only be no 7 in Brockenhurst but we continue to be extremely busy.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

My parents stayed at The Cloud on many occasions and always spoke very highly of the hotel. My father died three years ago and Mum kept saying that she would love to return to the hotel, but wondered what it would be like to stay there by herself. She would have been absolutely fine because everybody was so friendly but my husband and I joined her for a four night break which we thoroughly enjoyed.

The rooms were beautiful and the staff very friendly and helpful. The food was excellent and I am not sure how anybody could have left the hotel feeling hungry, as stated in a previous review.

The location is superb. If you want a relaxing break with good food, very comfortable surroundings and friendly staff this hotel delivers, whatever your age.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JJ1112013
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give the Cloud Hotel such a positive review. It was a pleasure to welcome your Mother back to the Cloud and I'm delighted to know you all enjoyed your stay with us. We aim to provide a location where everyone can unwind and relax whatever their age and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Cloud Hotel again one day.
Uckfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

We love this hotel and this was our third stay. The atmosphere at the Cloud is very relaxing and comfortable and Avril and her staff are lovely and we always feel very welcome. The food is excellent and well presented and we are always spoilt for choice. The complementary tea and biscuits on arrival and the bottled water along with more home made biscuits on departure is a very thoughtful touch and much appreciated. We are looking forward to returning in the spring of next year.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the forest are lovely