“Wonderful hotel”

The Cloud Hotel
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Brockenhurst
“Wonderful hotel”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Have just returned from a 5 night break at the cloud hotel it was fantastic. The food and service was excellent, staff were so friendly and helpful at all times. The room with forest views was lovely and had everything you could need, the dinner menu changed every night with choice to suit everyone. It was our first visit and we cannot wait to return again. The only disappointment was we didn't meet " the tiller girl" herself as she was on holiday!

Room Tip: Worth the extra for forest view rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank you so much for your excellent review of the Cloud Hotel and I am delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry I wasn't there to meet you but I am very lucky that I have such a loyal and hardworking team of staff who I know will continue to keep up our standards while I am away. I always share any feedback we have with the staff who appreciate you taking the time to give them such a positive review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Cloud Hotel sometime in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We booked to stay at Cloud Hotel over the late May Bank Holiday weekend, which coincided with my husband's birthday. We'd had a difficult few months with illness and an unexpected bereavement and this was the first opportunity we'd had to get away together. We had initially planned a two night stay but then found there was a special offer of three nights for the price of two so we travelled down on Friday evening to start our break.
The staff at Cloud are very friendly and helpful, greeting us at the door on our arrival. Mandie looked after us very well as did all the staff. We had a very nice room at the back of the hotel, but unfortunately were disturbed early in the morning by noise from the kitchen below, so Mandie kindly arranged for us to move to a quieter room. Undoubtedly the room we were moved to was a much more expensive room. We were very grateful for two undisturbed nights given we'd come away for a rest. Thank you Cloud Hotel.
We enjoyed excellent meals in the restaurant, well presented, with good, friendly service, and the Tiller Girl themed bar was fun. Avril is a warm and friendly host and her mother who was visiting is a character.
Sunday was a lovely sunny day and we enjoyed a cream tea in the garden, which is quite a sun-trap. Mandie brought us cushions and we had a very relaxing time in the sun.
A plus for us was that Cloud Hotel only caters for children over twelve so we were spared noisy toddlers early in the morning. Sometimes one just needs a really peaceful and quiet environment, we have no objection to children!
This was a lovely hotel and we can see ourselves staying there again should we be in the New Forest, which is a place we love.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank angie47
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for your very positive and constructive review. We really do appreciate feedback and I am not only delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Cloud Hotel but that we were able to move you to another room where you could have a more peaceful stay. It is our aim that all guests are able to unwind and relax and enjoy their stay with us and I hope we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Cloud again sometime in the future. Your very kind comments have been passed on to the staff and especially to Mandie who has been a member of staff at the Cloud Hotel for 22 years!
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We booked The Cloud Hotel for 46 - extended family and friends - to celebrate my mother's 90th birthday. The food was excellent and enjoyed by all. The owner and her staff were very welcoming and the service was very efficient and non-intrusive.
This is a small hotel set in the beautiful New Forest, with views over the open forest.
I would highly recommend the Cloud to anyone who appreciates good homemade food and great service in a perfect setting.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cannl10
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
As I have expressed in my previous responses I am always delighted to receive such excellent reviews and I really appreciate you taking the time to tell us how much you enjoyed your Mother's 90th birthday celebrations. It was our pleasure to welcome you all. Your very kind comments have been passed on to the staff who like myself appreciate your feedback and I hope we shall have the pleasure of your company again.
Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Have just returned from a 5 day break at The Cloud. As ever we were not disappointed. Avril and her staff are always so welcoming and do all in their power to ensure their guests have an enjoyable time! Everyone we met had been visiting the Cloud for many years, which is proof of what a lovely place it is - lovely staff, excellent food and very friendly atmosphere.

Thank you again everyone for making our stay so enjoyable!

Room Tip: We usually have a room at the back of the hotel which is always quiet!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia M
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give the Cloud Hotel such a positive review and I am delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future. I feel very lucky that I have a great team supporting me who are passionate about customer service and your review has been passed on to them.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We part of a party celebrating a Ruby Wedding. We had a great time - parking which can be tight was well organised in a very friendly way. Pre-lunch drinks served and then an excellent lunch. Well served and delicious. We were there until nearly 5.00 but no pressure to leave - the staff just wanted us to enjoy the occasion.

Well done for a great time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank busyaccountant
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
I am so pleased to know how much you all enjoyed your Sunday lunch Ruby Wedding celebrations and my staff and i really appreciate your kind comments. Knowing that our customers have really enjoyed themselves is our greatest reward and I hope we shall have the pleasure of your company again one day.l
Lymington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I came with my wife for lunch on Valentines Day. Having dined there before and also experienced Afternoon tea we decided to come again. The special Set lunch that day was excellent. The food was delicious,and very reasonably priced and the service was spot on.We took coffee(which was included in the price) in one of the small lounges overlooking the forest.
The restaurant was full and the operation was overseen by the owner Avril Owton who told me she had been there for over 35 years!!
Well done Cloud,see you another day.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
My staff and I are always delighted to know when a customer has enjoyed themselves and appreciate you taking the time to tell us. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Cloud Hotel sometime in the future to enjoy lunch, afternoon tea or even morning coffee.
Cahors
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We arrived through the soaking wet New Forest to a warm and friendly welcome at this little gem of a hotel where the customer is made to feel like an old friend.
The room was comfortable and well equipped with an en-suite where everything worked!!
Dinner and breakfast were delicious and I would love to be able to make scones like those we enjoyed with our afternoon tea (tea and coffee complimentary only paid for the scones!)
The homemade biscuits and bottles of water we were given on leaving were just the icing on the cake!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alan L
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
It is our policy at the Cloud Hotel to welcome everyone and to make them feel at home and be-able to relax so I am really pleased to know that you were welcomed and looked after by my loyal staff. I appreciate you taking the time to give the Cloud Hotel such a positive review which I have shared with my staff. We take every review seriously both the good ones and the not such good ones but of course having a positive review lifts all our spirits and spurs us on to do even better. I hope we will have the pleasure of your company again sometime in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
Cottage Lodge Hotel
#3 of 7 in Lymington
Forest Park Hotel
Forest Park Hotel
#11 of 11 in Brockenhurst

Been to The Cloud Hotel? Share your experiences!