The Cloud Hotel
Lime Wood Hotel(Lyndhurst)
Passford House(Lymington)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsnew forestgrab railsjourney homequiet surroundingsbiscuitssunday lunchspecial occasionson arrivaltraditional hotelroast potatoescomfortable hotellocation was perfectexcellent hotelfunction roomvery attentive staffforest viewreception area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We wanted to celebrate my birthday and wanted good straightforward British cuisine. After checking various sample menus in other hotels on line, we settled for the Cloud Hotel and were not disappointed. The main course of plaice fillets was superb, as was all the meal. They even gave me a birthday card and a sample of chocolates! Only Mandie and Beata on duty but even though the restaurant was busy, they coped superbly well. Service was good and all done in a pleasant manner. They are an asset to the hotel so I hope they are appreciated. Perhaps the hotel is a trifle old fashioned but it suited its numerous resident guests as did our meal suit us. Thank you, we will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

I'm delighted to know how much you enjoyed your birthday meal and thank you for taking the time to give the Cloud Hotel such a positive review. Your very kind comments have been passed on to the staff and particularly to Mandie and Beata who are both valued members of staff, in fact Mandie has been a member of staff for 22 years and Beata 7 years and I really appreciate their loyalty. I am sorry I was not able to meet you on this occasion but I was on holiday however I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Cloud Hotel sometime in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Have just returned from a 5 night break at the cloud hotel it was fantastic. The food and service was excellent, staff were so friendly and helpful at all times. The room with forest views was lovely and had everything you could need, the dinner menu changed every night with choice to suit everyone. It was our first visit and we cannot wait to return again. The only disappointment was we didn't meet " the tiller girl" herself as she was on holiday!

Room Tip: Worth the extra for forest view rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your excellent review of the Cloud Hotel and I am delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry I wasn't there to meet you but I am very lucky that I have such a loyal and hardworking team of staff who I know will continue to keep up our standards while I am away. I always share any feedback we have with the staff who appreciate you taking the time to give them such a positive review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Cloud Hotel sometime in the future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We booked to stay at Cloud Hotel over the late May Bank Holiday weekend, which coincided with my husband's birthday. We'd had a difficult few months with illness and an unexpected bereavement and this was the first opportunity we'd had to get away together. We had initially planned a two night stay but then found there was a special offer of three nights for the price of two so we travelled down on Friday evening to start our break.
The staff at Cloud are very friendly and helpful, greeting us at the door on our arrival. Mandie looked after us very well as did all the staff. We had a very nice room at the back of the hotel, but unfortunately were disturbed early in the morning by noise from the kitchen below, so Mandie kindly arranged for us to move to a quieter room. Undoubtedly the room we were moved to was a much more expensive room. We were very grateful for two undisturbed nights given we'd come away for a rest. Thank you Cloud Hotel.
We enjoyed excellent meals in the restaurant, well presented, with good, friendly service, and the Tiller Girl themed bar was fun. Avril is a warm and friendly host and her mother who was visiting is a character.
Sunday was a lovely sunny day and we enjoyed a cream tea in the garden, which is quite a sun-trap. Mandie brought us cushions and we had a very relaxing time in the sun.
A plus for us was that Cloud Hotel only caters for children over twelve so we were spared noisy toddlers early in the morning. Sometimes one just needs a really peaceful and quiet environment, we have no objection to children!
This was a lovely hotel and we can see ourselves staying there again should we be in the New Forest, which is a place we love.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank angie47
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for your very positive and constructive review. We really do appreciate feedback and I am not only delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Cloud Hotel but that we were able to move you to another room where you could have a more peaceful stay. It is our aim that all guests are able to unwind and relax and enjoy their stay with us and I hope we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Cloud again sometime in the future. Your very kind comments have been passed on to the staff and especially to Mandie who has been a member of staff at the Cloud Hotel for 22 years!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We booked The Cloud Hotel for 46 - extended family and friends - to celebrate my mother's 90th birthday. The food was excellent and enjoyed by all. The owner and her staff were very welcoming and the service was very efficient and non-intrusive.
This is a small hotel set in the beautiful New Forest, with views over the open forest.
I would highly recommend the Cloud to anyone who appreciates good homemade food and great service in a perfect setting.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cannl10
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

As I have expressed in my previous responses I am always delighted to receive such excellent reviews and I really appreciate you taking the time to tell us how much you enjoyed your Mother's 90th birthday celebrations. It was our pleasure to welcome you all. Your very kind comments have been passed on to the staff who like myself appreciate your feedback and I hope we shall have the pleasure of your company again.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Have just returned from a 5 day break at The Cloud. As ever we were not disappointed. Avril and her staff are always so welcoming and do all in their power to ensure their guests have an enjoyable time! Everyone we met had been visiting the Cloud for many years, which is proof of what a lovely place it is - lovely staff, excellent food and very friendly atmosphere.

Thank you again everyone for making our stay so enjoyable!

Room Tip: We usually have a room at the back of the hotel which is always quiet!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia M

Thank you for taking the time to give the Cloud Hotel such a positive review and I am delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future. I feel very lucky that I have a great team supporting me who are passionate about customer service and your review has been passed on to them.