“Beautiful and caring”

The Cloud Hotel
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Brockenhurst
“Beautiful and caring”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our recent 4 day stay at The Cloud was wonderful. The hotel was clean and our room nicely furnished. The several small lounge areas gave a lovely cosy atmosphere, and the garden was a beautiful place to relax in. We couldn't have have been looked after any better.The service was second to none, - attention to the smallest details of care were normal practice. I'm not surprised people return year after year. We will be joining the regular customers.. It was easy to access parts of the New Forest, walks were on the doorstep. The food was lovely but we would have considered it overpriced had we come only for the evening meal, However, the package deal which was on offer made it exceptional value for money.

Room Tip: Our room at the top was small but adequate. It overlooked the garden. It was hot in the height of su...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
I apologise for the delay in responding to your positive review of the Cloud Hotel and I would like to thank you most sincerely for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff always appreciate good reviews it makes them feel valued and rewarded. I hope we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Cloud Hotel sometime in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
brockenhurst
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We had a special meal for a cousing at the hotel. They provided a room for us all , special service and we were allowed to have our own birthdaycake. The food menu was our choice with suggestions from the manager. The wines were not expensive. The room cojld be decorated appropriately for a 70th Birthday. An excellent place for a special party.

We met guests who were staing at the hotel and they were returnees having had several previous visit and stays at the hotel

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
It was our pleasure to welcome you all to the Cloud Hotel and to know how much you enjoyed your cousin's 70th birthday celebrations. Like myself my staff appreciate you taking the time to give us a positive review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Cloud Hotel again sometime in the future.
West Sussex
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We have just spent 3 nights at the Cloud Hotel. It's our third time at the hotel. Everything was absolutely wonderful as expected. Thank you for such a wonderful time you have everything to perfection, don't change anything, it's perfect.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank HappyPerson04
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
What more can I say except a great big thank you for such a superb review. My staff and I really appreciate you taking the time to give us such positive feedback and are delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay. Our aim is always to reach perfection but we will never become complacent because we are all committed to providing 5 star service and having happy customers. I look forward to welcoming you again sometime in the future.
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had lunch on my wife’s birthday and the whole experience was wonderful.
The staff were charming, helpful and seemed genuinely keen to assist.
I am a wheelchair user and we found the assistance offered very helpful
Oh yes, the food. Well it was great
If you have never visited the Cloud hotel, visit, it’s great. It is well placed in the New Forest and a pony was eating outside the window, as we ate inside.

tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
I am so pleased to know how much you and your wife enjoyed her birthday lunch at the Cloud Hotel and thank you for taking the time to give us such an excellent review. I am very lucky to have such loyal and hardworking staff and I always share the lovely comments they receive from customers with them. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Cloud Hotel again.
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was our second 4 night stay at this wonderful little hotel. Superb 'front of house' and 'behind the scenes' staff, all highly motivated and apparent mind-readers to know just what each person needs / wants, is the key to its wonderful service. Spotlessly clean surfaces, quality bed linen and pillows, superb menu choices, lots of little spaces to relax and enjoy inside and out, its peacefulness, New Forest wildlife on doorstep, unexpected little extras and an obviously active and well -directed scheme of renewal, help to maintain its appeal for us. Due to warm weather we particularly enjoyed the garden this year with its arbours, comfy loungers and colourful flowers and bird-life. Location - Lymington, Keyhaven, Beaulieu and Milford on sea; all a few minutes away by car / train, is a big plus too.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Thank you for giving the Cloud Hotel such a wonderful review and I'm delighted to know how much you enjoyed your second visit to us and I hope I shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon. My loyal staff are committed to giving excellent service and making sure our customers are looked after so when they receive such a positive review it really rewards them and makes them feel valued. Thank you.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a few days and at first found the place a bit stuffy and regimented. Do not sit at the wrong table at breakfast. The tables are all room numbered. You soon get used to the systems which seem to suggest an older traditional hotel style that is now less common. You soon get in the groove and get to enjoy those lovely couches and settees that are on offer in the various reception areas. The breakfast is classic British, very enjoyable and temptingly rich. Many guests complain about smallish rooms and bathrooms' but what would you expect from an old inn? Frankly I was impressed with the renovations within the restrictions of an old building. The restaurant is very good, with a tendency towards some heaviness in the sauces. To each his taste! Only one complaint - poorly made espresso coffees for some reason? No crema on any occasion?? Don't be surprised to see New Forest horses right outside the hotel!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mister8888
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Thank you for your review and I would just like to respond to your comments. I appreciate your remarks that the Cloud Hotel is old fashioned, however I prefer to call us traditional, but many people both young and old still like a traditional hotel where the standards and values are high and I believe that is why the hotel continues to be busy. The reason we allocate tables for breakfast is to accommodate the number of people in the party. You were a party of three people so we couldn't fit three people round the table you sat at on your first morning as it was laid up for two people and not large enough to accommodate three. Thank you for your positive and negative comments that were much appreciated by myself and my staff as we learn from our customers feedback.
Endon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed one night here, room didn't have any view (but we did look last minute). But for £130 a night I would have expected a bit better. Also, the room was smallish and a bit rough around the edges.

However, the location is excellent!!!! Out the front door onto the New Forest, with ponies walking past the front door. Breakfast was also individually cooked which was a nice touch, however it was a bit slow. Staff were all very helpful.

Great stay but on our quest for the perfect New Forest Hotel we will be looking for something else next time.

1 Thank Alexb123a
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. As I always value feedback I would really appreciate it if you could get back to me re where the room was rough round the edges as I take pride in the quality of my bedrooms and have a continuing programme for refurbishment. However I'm pleased you enjoyed the location and found the staff helpful, I have passed your comments on to them.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
Cottage Lodge Hotel
#3 of 7 in Lymington
Forest Park Hotel
Forest Park Hotel
#11 of 11 in Brockenhurst

Been to The Cloud Hotel? Share your experiences!