“Welcoming and accommodating!”

Ranked #30 of 58 Restaurants in Brockenhurst
Price range: US$3 - US$19
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: WELCOME to THE TERRACE, open 7 days a week from 09.00, we pride ourselves on our service attitude and excellent, good value food. OUR WELCOME, we expect to be WARM and INVITING, and CHILDREN are always welcome, there is fresh water for your dog (outside), and if you can find room, you can chain your cycle to the front railings. OUR DRINKS, freshly ground ITALIAN coffee and a range of FRUIT and SPECIALIST TEAS, ALCOHOLIC and SOFT DRINKS, SMOOTHIES and SHAKES are prepared for your refreshment, either in the open air of our TERRACE or inside in AIR CONDITIONED comfort. OUR INGREDIENTS, with FREE RANGE EGGS, and BUTCHER’S BACON and SAUSAGES, you won’t get a tastier start to the day anywhere; our MEAT supplies are all sourced FRESH from HAMPSHIRE’S own FARMS, our VEGETABLES are all supplied fresh daily, and our HOME MADE DESERTS are scrummy. OUR MENU, for BREAKFAST, LUNCH or CREAM TEAS and CAKES, your choice is varied and comprehensive, and like our SPECIALS, all dishes are prepared and cooked on the premises. OUR SERVICE, we PRIDE ourselves on our SERVICE ATTITUDE, we will always try and go the extra mile and our staff are here to make YOUR EXPERIENCE at THE TERRACE as ENJOYABLE as they possibly can.
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Welcoming and accommodating!”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Stopped by for lunch mid-way through a day's cycling. The staff were very friendly and helpful which is especially good for a solo cyclist. The food was good, as was the coffee. I will certainly be making this a regular stopping point.

• Visited June 2013

Benoni, South Africa
“Early morning Coffee”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We were there early in the morning between 10:00 and 11:00 and ordered filter coffee with hot milk. It was a nice cup of coffee but not excellent. Only one person working and he had to do everything - needless to say we had to wait a bit to be served.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank HermanK449
Ruislip, United Kingdom
“Not bad”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

A group of 10 ate here for Breakfast on a Sunday morning. Our request for a table of 8 was met with bewilderment and we were offered a table of 6...until we asked again and they said they could move the tables.

Upon ordering I asked for something off-menu (eggs, beans and bacon rather than one of their set breakfasts), explaining that I couldn't eat gluten and therefore couldn't eat the sausages, toast or hash browns. This seemed to confuse the otherwise very friendly waiter who kept pointing out their set breakfasts! Eventually I asked to have a set breakfast, but the items I couldn't have served on a separate plate (so my friends could the have them) and was told 'Wow, you're a fussy eater aren't you!' Less than impressed I reminded him I had an intolerance.

Our food was overall very good and served quickly, although we had to remind them that we were missing two of our ordered drinks. When my breakfast came out it was all on one plate, so politely asked for a new one to be brought out on a fresh plate, with the items separated as originally requested. The new waiter then serving us looked like he was about to laugh! When my breakfast eventually arrived it was fine.

I can't fault the food but I was shocked at the lack of allergy knowledge presented by the staff. To be labelled a fussy eater to my face by a waiter after I've explained an intolerance is appalling.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Kimmie1989
G B, Owner at The Terrace, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Dear Kimmie 1989
First of all I would like to apologise for the behaviour of the waiter you mention. Only by way of explanation, he was then a very new employee, he has since received remedial training and he has now left our employment.
We are a new business and we have customer service and the provision of a pleasurable eating experience as the centre piece of our business ethos, so I was appalled when I learned of your comments. We believe in making every guest welcome whatever their needs or circumstances, and instruct our staff likewise, sadly, it would appear that this young man declined to listen. Perhaps you may give us another try, ask for Alex, and I hope your next review is significantly better than "Not bad".
Delhi
“Nice lunch”
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Popped into The Terrace twice - once for breakfast, once for lunch. Food was great both times, service was friendly, decor was fresh and spacious. Good vegetarian options.

• Visited November 2012
London
“Friendly service, good food”
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We went into the Terrace for a spot of lunch on our last day in Brockenhurst. The staff were really friendly and served up very well presented, tasty food. There was a good selection for vegetarians and children so we were all happy! We'd definitely go back.

Visited August 2012