Afternoon Tea at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Brockenhurst
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“tea”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

went to zen spar for a day,charity purchase , we had great fun and fantastic thai food in the resteraunt

Visited October 2013

Aldershot, United Kingdom
“Afternoon tea”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The afternoon tea lovely, and the restaurant was very pleasant. We had to ask for a box to take away all the cakes which we could not eat.

Visited March 2014
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

We went for afternoon tea and the staff were very attentive to all of ours needs and extremely professional and helpful. Despite not all of the information being recorded when we booked they still managed to cater for everything which is very rare to find. Beautiful place.

Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“Dainty but generous!”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I decided to book an afternoon tea for my husband and I for our wedding anniversary - we often eat out for special occasions but I fancied a change from the usual three-course evening meal and when I received an e-mail with a special offer for Careys Manor Afternoon Tea, the decision was made.
We were welcomed into the hotel, and taken to the Bar Lounge (I think it was called) it had a lovely wood beamed ceiling, and comfy sofas that you just sink into!
The waiter was very welcoming, and in addition to the items on the menu he brought us a tiny creme brulee courtesy of the chef. The menu consisted of tea (lashings and lashings of it!) a selection of 4 types of just-over bite-sized sandwiches, 2 small freshly baked scones per person with a really decent dollop of fresh cream and strawberry jam, as well as 4 delicious cakes / pastries. Each item was quite dainty, and when the food arrived I was expecting to still be hungry at the end... Not at all - in fact we struggled to finish it all!
The waiter popped back regularly to remove used crockery, and to check we were happy. We had a refill of tea when our first pot was cooling down and getting stewed.
All in all I found the experience really enjoyable - we would certainly do this again!

• Visited September 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Do not have the afternoon tea!”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I booked the full afternoon tea for a birthday treat for my mum. One of the reasons for choosing Careys Manor was the option of iced tea (on the online menu) which we thought would be great in this weather. When the waiter finally arrived and I asked about the iced tea I was simply told 'they don't, and never have done iced tea' and 'it wasn't his fault it was on the online menu'. He was extremely unhelpful and bordering on rude. The service continued to be very poor throughout. Then when I went to cut open my first scone my knife only just managed to cut it open and it was practically solid. I have never sent food back in a resteraunt before but there was absolutely no was I could have eaten that. To be fair they did replace all the scones but the whole experience was spoilt and definitely not worth anywhere near the price of £17.95pp.