Just returned after staying for 3 nights at the Cottage lodge.Wonderful breakfast and right in the heart of the lovely village of Brockenhurst.The ponies and cows roam freely and can be spotted in the most peculiar places (outside the fish and chip shop for example) !.Nothing is too much trouble for the staff, who are all extremely friendly and helpful! We stayed in the Tom Hayter room which was lovely but very warm, and had to have the fan on during the night.Do visit The Pig, which is just outside Brockenhurst.It looks very grand from the outside, but very laid back and delicious food.We ate at The Snakecatcher one evening which was fabulous too.Would def stay again if in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cottage Lodge has upgraded from a 5star B&B to a 2 star hotel over the last 12 months. So, if you decide to come to the Cottage Lodge in Brockenhurst you are choosing a clean and comfortable property, located in the heart of the New Forest National Park village of Brockenhurst. All the en-suite rooms are individually designed. They all come with flat screen tv's, new mattresses, recently painted walls, tea and coffee making facilities (with real milk), and an in-room safe. Cake is available free of charge in the Snug Bar. We have: romantic rooms with hand made four poster beds: a room with a wood burning stove; ground floor rooms with showers;dog friendly rooms; family friendly rooms; rooms in the original building(C1650);simple rooms perfect for single occupancy or for a couple looking for somewhere simple to stay. There is one parking space at the front of Cottage Lodge for each room. We have won lots of awards for various things: excellence, environmentally friendly, best use of local produce, outstanding breakfast etc. Cottage Lodge is located in the heart of the New Forest National Park village of Brockenhurst. Our very own Fallen Tree Restaurant is open six days a week (closed on Wednesdays). Book early because the restaurant is very popular. Our breakfast's are locally sourced. We assure you of a warm welcome. There are three lovely pubs, nine charming restaurants and tea shops, cycle hire, horse riding, open forest, mainline railway station, village shops, open forest all within ten minutes walk of Cottage Lodge. Twenty minutes drive to the coast, Beaulieu Motor Museum, Exbury Gardens and the Lymington Ferry to the Isle of Wight. We hope to have the pleasure of meeting you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Cottage Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottage Hotel Brockenhurst
- Cottage Lodge Hotel Brockenhurst, New Forest