Stayed at the Cottage Lodge as a birthday treat and what a treat it was! We stayed in the Rhinefield Room which was absolutely gorgeous, the bed and all the furniture was made from fallen trees which was unique and gave a lovely atmosphere. The bathroom was modern and clean and filled with luxurious smellies. The breakfast was amazing. We chose to eat in our room rather than the dining room downstairs to make it more relaxing - we were given a list of food options (loads to choose from) the night before so that we could put through our choices and a choice of time slot for it to be bought up. I had continental style one morning and traditional English breakfast the next morning and would highly recommend both, couldn't fault any of it.
We ate in the adjoining restaurant (the Fallen Tree) one night. Would definitely recommend a meal there, the nicest I've had in a very long time, but bear in mind it is a small restaurant so I would recommend booking in advance to ensure you can get in as it's too good to miss!
There is a snug downstairs where you can buy drinks (with an honesty box for payment), borrow a bottle opener or tuck into some of the lovely free cakes they provide. They also have a selection of DVD's available for borrowing which was a nice touch.
The Cottage Lodge is in a lovely location, perfect for exploring the New Forest and with some lovely walks close by for an evening stroll. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and welcoming.
I had a wonderful stay and couldn't recommend the Cottage Lodge highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cottage Lodge has upgraded from a 5star B&B to a 2 star hotel over the last 12 months. So, if you decide to come to the Cottage Lodge in Brockenhurst you are choosing a clean and comfortable property, located in the heart of the New Forest National Park village of Brockenhurst. All the en-suite rooms are individually designed. They all come with flat screen tv's, new mattresses, recently painted walls, tea and coffee making facilities (with real milk), and an in-room safe. Cake is available free of charge in the Snug Bar. We have: romantic rooms with hand made four poster beds: a room with a wood burning stove; ground floor rooms with showers;dog friendly rooms; family friendly rooms; rooms in the original building(C1650);simple rooms perfect for single occupancy or for a couple looking for somewhere simple to stay. There is one parking space at the front of Cottage Lodge for each room. We have won lots of awards for various things: excellence, environmentally friendly, best use of local produce, outstanding breakfast etc. Cottage Lodge is located in the heart of the New Forest National Park village of Brockenhurst. Our very own Fallen Tree Restaurant is open six days a week (closed on Wednesdays). Book early because the restaurant is very popular. Our breakfast's are locally sourced. We assure you of a warm welcome. There are three lovely pubs, nine charming restaurants and tea shops, cycle hire, horse riding, open forest, mainline railway station, village shops, open forest all within ten minutes walk of Cottage Lodge. Twenty minutes drive to the coast, Beaulieu Motor Museum, Exbury Gardens and the Lymington Ferry to the Isle of Wight. We hope to have the pleasure of meeting you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Cottage Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottage Hotel Brockenhurst
- Cottage Lodge Hotel Brockenhurst, New Forest