My partner and I were looking for a dog friendly, hotel in the New Forest for a romantic week-end and found the Cottage Lodge website. Eco friendly, beautiful looking rooms, lovely breakfasts looked amazing. Booked one of the two dog friendly rooms and arrived as planned Saturday lunch time. We were shown to the room which had a wooden floor, lots of space and a little fenced patio for Jasper my dog to go out into. All good so far. Lovely tea was offered with cake which we duly tried.
Later that afternoon we discovered the 6' bed was two twins zipped together - not in itself a problem - however these mattresses were seriously old and lumpy. The edges of both mattresses were hard and rigid with the centres dipped and soggy........... no way was a good night's sleep going to happen far less a romantic one. We went to reception and I have to say Ursula was wonderful, she offered us the next door room (up some stairs) which was a beautiful, newly decorated room with a new good mattress on the bed. The only trouble was Jasper had to stay down in the dog friendly room (Morant) I understand that new mattresses are being looked into for that room now.
I would certainly stay again but would need to be very clear about the particular room I was staying in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cottage Lodge has upgraded from a 5star B&B to a 2 star hotel over the last 12 months. So, if you decide to come to the Cottage Lodge in Brockenhurst you are choosing a clean and comfortable property, located in the heart of the New Forest National Park village of Brockenhurst. All the en-suite rooms are individually designed. They all come with flat screen tv's, new mattresses, recently painted walls, tea and coffee making facilities (with real milk), and an in-room safe. Cake is available free of charge in the Snug Bar. We have: romantic rooms with hand made four poster beds: a room with a wood burning stove; ground floor rooms with showers;dog friendly rooms; family friendly rooms; rooms in the original building(C1650);simple rooms perfect for single occupancy or for a couple looking for somewhere simple to stay. There is one parking space at the front of Cottage Lodge for each room. We have won lots of awards for various things: excellence, environmentally friendly, best use of local produce, outstanding breakfast etc. Cottage Lodge is located in the heart of the New Forest National Park village of Brockenhurst. Our very own Fallen Tree Restaurant is open six days a week (closed on Wednesdays). Book early because the restaurant is very popular. Our breakfast's are locally sourced. We assure you of a warm welcome. There are three lovely pubs, nine charming restaurants and tea shops, cycle hire, horse riding, open forest, mainline railway station, village shops, open forest all within ten minutes walk of Cottage Lodge. Twenty minutes drive to the coast, Beaulieu Motor Museum, Exbury Gardens and the Lymington Ferry to the Isle of Wight. We hope to have the pleasure of meeting you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Cottage Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottage Hotel Brockenhurst
- Cottage Lodge Hotel Brockenhurst, New Forest