Always a good sign when you have donkeys wondering past your lodgings.
We really enjoyed our three nights at this charming hotel, some of which was made from the timbers of an historic ship.
Owner and staff were very friendly and helpful. Add to this an arrangement with a group of young cooks/chefs that run the 'Fallen Tree' restaurant and you have a great combination. We dined and enjoyed twice!
We booked a standard room (next to the kitchen). I am sure you can do better, but that said we were quite happy and the noise was minimal.
Great place to adventure from and return to your personal sanctuary after a long walk, cycle, etc in the New Forest.
If you find this review or any other TripAdvisor write up helps you make a decision, do give them a 'helpful vote' and encourage this great service :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cottage Lodge has upgraded from a 5star B&B to a 2 star hotel over the last 12 months. So, if you decide to come to the Cottage Lodge in Brockenhurst you are choosing a clean and comfortable property, located in the heart of the New Forest National Park village of Brockenhurst. All the en-suite rooms are individually designed. They all come with flat screen tv's, new mattresses, recently painted walls, tea and coffee making facilities (with real milk), and an in-room safe. Cake is available free of charge in the Snug Bar. We have: romantic rooms with hand made four poster beds: a room with a wood burning stove; ground floor rooms with showers;dog friendly rooms; family friendly rooms; rooms in the original building(C1650);simple rooms perfect for single occupancy or for a couple looking for somewhere simple to stay. There is one parking space at the front of Cottage Lodge for each room. We have won lots of awards for various things: excellence, environmentally friendly, best use of local produce, outstanding breakfast etc. Cottage Lodge is located in the heart of the New Forest National Park village of Brockenhurst. Our very own Fallen Tree Restaurant is open six days a week (closed on Wednesdays). Book early because the restaurant is very popular. Our breakfast's are locally sourced. We assure you of a warm welcome. There are three lovely pubs, nine charming restaurants and tea shops, cycle hire, horse riding, open forest, mainline railway station, village shops, open forest all within ten minutes walk of Cottage Lodge. Twenty minutes drive to the coast, Beaulieu Motor Museum, Exbury Gardens and the Lymington Ferry to the Isle of Wight. We hope to have the pleasure of meeting you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Cottage Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottage Hotel Brockenhurst
- Cottage Lodge Hotel Brockenhurst, New Forest