Cottage Lodge Hotel
Rhinefield House Hotel(Brockenhurst)
  • Breakfast included
Forest Park Hotel(Brockenhurst)
1,154 results
All reviewshonesty barfree cakeparking spacestanding hatb bexbury roomjames hillsnug bargillies holtbrusher millsmorant roomwilverley roomtea and cakenew forestfresh milkreserved parkingbucks fizz
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Have just stayed three nights in Brushers Mills room at this lovely little hotel.The room was a small double with a fantastic bed.Bathroom with shower over bath and very nice selection of complimentary toiletries. Great selection for breakfast with fresh fruit ,cereals yogurt ,toast and your choice of cooked items.We enjoyed using the Snug to sit and play cards in the evenings. There is an honesty bar and fresh milk always available for your tea and coffee as well as free cake ! What more could you want ! Christina is very welcoming and she has a lovely band of staff always ready to help.We can,t wait to go again .

2  Thank Nicola R
NewForestFilly, Owner at Cottage Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your stay in Brusher Mills room.
We try to do everything we can to give our guests the best stay possible and its great to know we are succeeding in this.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here a couple of months ago for a nice weekend away. I love the New Forest and Cottage Lodge made it even better. We stayed in the William 1st room which we would recommend to anyone - we didn't want to leave! We had afternoon tea bought up to our room and breakfast in our room too which made it that little bit more special.

We felt so relaxed and looked after here and will definitely be back as soon as we can find a time when the room isn't fully booked! Gutted that it's all booked up for New Year!

I would definitely recommend this hotel and especially this room. Great service, great time, great room - amazing visit. Thank you!

Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for your lovely review for Cottage Lodge.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay In William 1st Room.
Thank you, also for giving us a 100% recommendation.
We look forward to your next visit to us.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

If you are looking for high quality accommodation with excellent service then look no further. The location is perfect, in the middle of the new forest and a 5 minute walk from the railway station.

The main building dates back to 1650 and has a very low ceiling height. I'm 6'2" so I did bump my head a bit. The bedroom we stayed in was the Standing Hat, furniture made from fallen beach trees with a log burner if required and ceiling height more suitable for me!

Wi-Fi very good. Personalised parking space for each room (nice touch). Large Freeview TV/DVD player.

Extremely helpful friendly staff with breakfast in bed option for free if required.

Room Tip: Try not to be too tall!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
NewForestFilly, Owner at Cottage Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for your kind review.
It makes us very happy to be told that we are doing things right for our guests.
Sorry about the bumps on the head but as you said we are an old building and this is part of our charm.
We look forward to your next visit to us.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We have just returned from a 5 day stay at Cottage Lodge. We are frequent visitors to the New Forest ad Brockenhurst, and have stayed in self catering, hotels and B&Bs.

I found Cottage Lodge through a search. I didn't read many reviews but did check the website. We arrived mid afternoon. A designated parking space was clearly marked for us.We were given the welcome pack, and shown to our room.

We stayed in the Forester Room. It was an excellent size with a large ensuite. Beautifully clean (and yes I did do the 4 in a Bed finger check), with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The pack contained everything we needed to know. It is a B&B so we didn't expect it to be a bustling, jam packed hotel.

We ate in the Fallen Tree restaurant our first night. I'll do a separate review of that.

The breakfast range was considerable, and our waitress, Christine, was simply lovely. Nothing was too much trouble. My prebooking request for soya milk was no problem. We were pleased to see Cottage Lodge adheres to a policy of supporting local producers. The menu gives information on where the food is sourced.

Tea and coffee are available in the snug with free cake! We had the use of the chiller as well.

We met Christina, the owner several times, as she is available most mornings. She made sure everything was to our liking.She is a mine of information for the area and a lovely lady.

We liked the idea of being given a code to get in late in the evening. We have friends in the area, so dining out with them meant we didn't have to rush back. Also when we ate out, we could suit ourselves as to our return time.

I would add I have since received an email from Christina, regarding the brand of memory foam mattress on our bed. thank you for going the extra mile.

If I have any negative comment it would be the stairs. They are very narrow and steep, and for those like myself, who have knee problems, they can be tricky. Now I know, I'll request a ground floor room (or take it steady). The ceiling height is low - however areas of the cottage are centuries old, and I'd rather have the history and stoop a bit than a modern, faceless hotel.

We will definitely return and hopefully this year.

Room Tip: Note the steep stairs
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your lovely review.
We aim to give our guests a brilliant stay and it seems that we did this for you.
I have passed on your comments to Christine, our lovely breakfast waitress.
Its our pleasure to pass on details of items that made your stay even better.
We hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for the first time on 10 July. Good to have a reserved parking space and a very warm welcome. A very comfortable room with splendid furnishings carved from a fallen ash tree - brilliant and different. Excellent breakfast
with a very wide choice. Look forward to staying again. A very good place from which to explore the New Forest.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay.
We are so glad that you were happy with our lovely beds made from local fallen trees. They are our pride and joy.
We hope to see you again very soon.