First the positives, we enjoyed a good welcome with offer of tea and cake on arrival. A parking space had been reserved which I would consider essential. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The bathroom was well furnished but the extractor did nit work making it hot and steamy.
There is no lounge for guests, only a small snug with wooden chairs. Neither was there a comfortable chair in the bedroom. The hotel is on a busy road and is quite noisy. This was made worse by a party at a property which backs on to the hotel. The floor in this old building creak every time anyone walks around, so our neighbours above woke us several times in the night A notice in the room asks that guests let the owners know if they are disturbed by noise, so this is seemingly a common problem
We had hoped to eat in the on site restaurant but it was fully booked ( perhaps advice to book ahead would be useful)
Breakfast slot had to be ordered the night before, presumably as there are only seven tables and more rooms than that. Breakfast was well cooked and enjoyable, but the floors had not been cleaned from the night before with considerable food remains visible
All in all a very average stay and nit good value for money at £165 per night
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the Cottage Lodge, a small and friendly two star hotel offering five star service in the heart of the New Forest National Park village of Brockenhurst. You can pick the exact room you want and we will reserve it just for you. Your room comes with personalised reserved parking space, good wifi, tea , cakes, fresh milk, in room safe, flat screen tv and breakfast. Stay a few days and work your way through our breakfast menu which includes choices for vegetarians, vegans, dairy free and gluten free customers. In the evening why not book into White Tails restaurant, our on-site restaurant run by master chef Martin Packard. Cottage Lodge is known for its individually designed rooms, with a mixture of modern hand-made four-poster beds and other features designed to bring the personality of the New Forest and coastline into the hotel for you to experience. We hope you decide to spend your new forest holiday at Cottage Lodge and look forward to meeting you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Agoda, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Cottage Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottage Hotel Brockenhurst
- Cottage Lodge Hotel Brockenhurst, New Forest