“Five stars - one of the best places we've ever eaten”
Review of The Pig

The Pig
Ranked #14 of 58 Restaurants in Brockenhurst
Price range: US$9 - US$22
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Uncomplicated and simple British garden food, true to the micro seasons and influenced by the forest and coast, with the emphasis squarely on fresh, clean flavours.
London, United Kingdom
“Five stars - one of the best places we've ever eaten”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Exceptionally fresh and inventive food served by friendly staff. Locally sourced ingredients and wonderful recipes that were interesting without being poncy. We love this place, and cannot wait to return. We ate every meal there during our three-day stay. Why would you want to go anywhere else?

• Visited December 2013

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Dinner at Pig”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Dinner here was very special. Decor eclectic and fun and beautiful. Service friendly and relaxed.
All fresh and locally foraged dishes - pork crackling and apple sauce was yummy as was the Mackerel and horseradish with roast jerseys and beetroot.

• Visited May 2014
Bedford
“Dinner at the Pig”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Had been told so many times about The Pig decided to book a meal there during our four day break.lovely old house and gardens, the bar area and staff all very welcoming .Bit disappointed with menu expected more pork! But the meal we had was lovely and would recommend it,

Visited April 2014
Seaford, United Kingdom
“Possibly good food ruined”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed for 2 nights at this hotel/restaurant and ate in the restaurant both days for breakfast and dinner. On both evening meals I had to send dishes back because they were inedible. Unfortunately with most of the waiting staff appearing to be on work experience I felt that my complaints fell on not deaf, but uncaring ears. 'The chef says sorry' was one outcome. For a hotel advertising itself as a foodie venue, I can only believe that I visited when all the usual chefs were ill, and I haven't mentioned being soaked by a waitress opening a bottle of champagne for other guests. The breakfast menu is a dilly. First you have to understand the pricing structure and then be disappointed. I hope you have better luck than I did, 'cos you will need it

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank disappointed186277
London, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable Easter Sunday lunch ...Almost Perfect !”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was our first visit to the Pig, Id been wanting to come for a while, but its always so incredibly busy its difficult to book, We managed to snag an easter sudnay lunch early table at 12.00. It was a miserable day but from the minute we arrived i knew we'd made the right choice, roaring fires, already a buzzy atmosphere and a convivial welcome. I thought there might a second sitting so expected at some stage to be be rushed through lunch but couldnt have been further from the truth. I had the pigeon and beetroot salad followed by the half chicken, and the partner had the pork scratchings with apple sauce and the Steak on the bone.. he is somewhat of an expert on both and crowned them the best he had eaten in a long time. the bread and smoked sa salt also excellent. he couldnt in fact finish all the steak so they rather good naturedly put together a doggy bag for him.

we then moved to the bar for a cocktail , and then into the drawing room for a coffee. All excellent

the only slight downside , the service in the restaurant. .. fine i work in the business so im always looking and watching so maybe im somewhat picky ... but we had to flag down our young waiter several times to get more bread or drinks.. the service was not pre-emptive. I watched other tables and could see it the same . there were plenty of staff, but they all looked very young and a bit out of their depth.. Our young server was perfectly OK, but just a bit too casual and a bit " grunty"! i would expect something a bit sharper and more charming. I did not see a more experienced floor manager or restaurant manager working the floor, minor point ..but if id had to flag him down one more time my goodwill might have evaporated.

Will definitely be back in the summer. thank you

• Visited April 2014