“Empty classed as busy?”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Empty classed as busy?”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Turned up early 6pm , restaurant was empty, asked for table - half joking, Was asked if I'd booked - no I hadn't. a few hums, you can have a table but we need it back at 7:30 and you'll have to sit outside. It was a sunny evening and outside is a covered terrace - the downside (for me) is of course that it is classed as outside and therefore smoking is allowed. Drinks arrived quickly, food even quicker - there is no way they could have made this food from scratch, tasted like it was reheated - pizza was a little soggy too.

so within 30 minutes we are finished - still about an hour to go before kicking out time. Time for pudding. Nobody asked if we wanted the desert menu, waitress was busy else where and blanked me another time. So I asked for the bill instead and left.

Interesting enough, Idiot me forgot his rucksack - so I had to sneak back - at 7:45 - table was still empty - as was a lot of the rest of the restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank KevinRandomLetters

Horsham, United Kingdom
“overly huge portions, indifferent service”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My daughter and I were seated promptly by the barman, although the waitress and menus took a little while to appear, considering we were the only ones in the restaurant. Lack luster service followed all evening, along with two huge plates of really rather bland and unappetizing pasta - we found the amount served quite off putting I am afraid. I tend to think quality comes in smaller sizes, and that overly large portions indicate the opposite. House wine was fine, but not anything remarkable. A generally disappointing evening - I just felt they could be doing it all so much better!

• Visited June 2014
Reading, United Kingdom
“A really enjoyable evening!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Having seen some of the very negative reviews, we thought we would still take a chance on this as the menu looked very good. From the minute we arrived, the welcome and service were impeccable. It was a great atmosphere, the house wine was very well priced and good quality and the food (cheesey garlic bread, lobster ravioli and plaice with prawns) was absolutely delicious. Very good value and would certainly recommend it. Perhaps the staff have changed since some previous reviews!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank beverley2601
London, United Kingdom
“Didn't even get served.”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Saw this restaurant advertised last minute and fancied going for an Italian so we went there quite enthusiastic. We were seated by the (moody) waitress and then went completely ignored for ten minutes without even being given menus. I might add that people who arrived after us were served before. Maybe they didn't like the look of us? Anyway, we left and went down the road to Bistro 26 which really was a five star dining experience with excellent food and service. Just so you know if you're thinking of going here!

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Owlex
London, United Kingdom
“Overpriced and terrible customer care”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The service was really not very good, the pizza was too thick, burned on top and undercooked inside: obviously warmed under the grill from pre cooked. It is overpriced and they add charges to our bill.

Visited May 2014