“Nice place”

Brockenhurst Bed and Breakfast
Brockenhurst Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #27 of 35 Bideford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a night on good friday due to the location to royal north devon golf course where we were playing in a mixed open comp. The room was nice not huge but certainly big enough for us. The shower was not the best as it wasn't that powerful but still worked ok with piping hot water. The village pub opposite was great for food and a 5 second walk...perfect for us after a long game of golf. The owners were lovely and helpful couldn't do enough for you and breakfast was yummy. We would most definately stay here again if we were in the area.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tina M

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Don't be confused by the TripAdvisor address - the Brockenhurst is in the middle of Westward Ho! and not Bideford.
We stayed here for one night during our recent South West Coast Path walk from Hartland Quay to Croyde. We had a double en-suite room at the front of the house. Although this faces onto a main road we weren't disturbed by the double-decker busses going past. Bed was really comfortable and we both slept really soundly - maybe that was just the 11.5 mile walk from Clovelly!. Breakfast is pre-ordered the night before and it was a bit off-putting to be asked to do this before we had even been up to our room. Fresh milk was available in our room for when we wanted to make tea, a nice touch which more establishments like this would do well to copy - UHT pots are the pits! A convenient and comfortable place to stay if you need to be in Westward Ho! (which does not have much to offer or recommend it in itself).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DorsetTraveller56
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed at the Brockenhurst for a long weekend in February 2014 as we were attending my Mother in Laws 80th birthday celebrations.

WE had been seriously let down by a larger and more expensive hotel and had to change our accommodation at the last minute, thank goodness we did.

Our anticipated arrival time got later and later as we met continuous traffic jams on our journey from Yorkshire. Peter was really amiable and assured us that it wasn't a problem as he would wait up.

The whole experience of our stay, from the exceptional coffee in the room to the breakfast made the weekend for us and really was the icing on the cake for the weekend celebrations.

With only three rooms it is quite an intimate place and just feels so homely, warm and friendly. Breakfast was cooked to order and quite enjoyable. We have already decided that we will not be looking for anywhere else to stay in our future visits and are looking forward to outr next trip down.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank The_Joss
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Perfectly clean, nice and comfortable room with good shower.
Agreeably served tasty breakfast.
I really enjoyed staying there 3 nights in July 2013.
Most of all I appreciated the warm welcome and even the goodbye. When I checked out, Peter was not there. I was already outside on the road when we opened the door just to tell me goodbye. I found the gesture warming. It was morning, he was probably busy and I was probably out of his b&b for ever, but he did made the effort.
Thank you very much for your hosting.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Marininlon
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

Lovely experience in Westward Ho! Very nicely furnished double room with a couple of chairs and desk. Whole cottage had lots of character. Very good choice and an excellent breakfast. Peter was an excellent host. Only slight downside is the scuffy side gate entrance and the slightly gruff directions to go round to the front when we entered via the car park. Any initial misgivings soon banished by the quality of everything else.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank David W
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Stayed here for just one night whilst touring around. Very good standard, lovely house, good hot breakfast/choice of cereals etc. Friendly host. Off road parking. I would agree with a previous comment that access to the house is a bit misleading - our sat nav directed us to the house but the actual entrance to car park was in the side street - would reccommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SophieStafford
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I stayed at Brockenhurst Bed and Breakfast on the first night of my week's walking holiday of walking the South West Coast Path from Westard Ho! to Padstow.

This B&B is in a really good location in Westward Ho! as you are close to all the amenities including the bus stop. I had come to this B&B by bus. Please note that this B&B is in Westward Ho! and not Bideford.

My only slight complaint on arriving at this B&B was that there should have been a sign to direct guests to the front door which was at the side of the house if you came in from the car park. I initially knocked on the back door and was told to go to the front door. I later found a sign directing guests to the front door but this was on the ground as it looked like it had fallen off the wall.

The bedroom was comfortable and well equipped with an ensuite shower and spare electrical sockets to charge my mobile. I had a corner bedroom with views of the sea in the distance.

I was advised that breakfast was from 7.00 am until 9.00 am and was asked when I would like to have breakfast. This was very impressive to have such a wide choice of times, particularly as this is a small B&B with three letting rooms.

The breakfast itself was excellent and was one of the best I had on this holiday. There was a good choice of cereals, jams, fruit juices, yoghurt and fruit. The cooked breakfast was very good with a choice of fried, poached or scrambled eggs. As an added bonus the eggs were from their own hens which were kept at the bottom of the garden.

This is a well run B&B and I would recommend this B&B to others. This one night's stay set me up for the first day of my walking holiday of walking to Clovelley along the South West Coast Path.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo