“Excellent value”

Ranked #43 of 146 Restaurants in Bideford
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Visited for my husband's birthday, his first visit and my third. Great choices at good prices. I had a prawn basket followed by garlic prawns (I love prawns!). Other half had spring rolls and crispy lemon chicken and declared it all excellent. House red a lovely Merlot at a good price. A good number of people in which is a good indicator. Would recommend and definitely revisit.

1  Thank Joy M

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Ate here for the first time last night with a group of friends. I had read the reviews on TripAdvisor before gong to eat. I enjoyed my meal, I had salmon and prawn fishcakes which were very tasty and crispy lemon chicken for my main course. The menu is very different from your average Chinese restaurant each main meal comes with vegetables and rice and the portions are a decent size. Very enjoyable and filling all at a reasonable price. And for a Tuesday night the restaurant was full, which says something. Will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is a really great local Chinese restaurant, the food is home made and freshly cooked from quality ingredients. (Try the oysters in tempura batter if they are on). The menu is very different from most other Chinese restaurants and there are always lovely specials on. You can watch the chef (the owner's Chinese wife) cooking in the spotless little kitchen and see everything being individually prepared.
The welcome is warm and genuine and the owners will go out of their way to make sure that you have a special evening or event. I have no idea why others find the owner unwelcoming, he is unfailingly friendly and interesting to talk to. The decoration of the restaurant is quirky and fun and the atmosphere is comfortable and relaxing. Highly recommended, try it!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We have eaten at this restaurant on several special occasions. The food has always been superb and service is second to none. The restaurant itself is a lovely welcoming place to dine. The price of food and drinks is extremely reasonable and portions are generous. Can highly recommend.

1  Thank Elaine T
Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

Before I went I read the reviews. I was expecting Basil Fawlty-esque manager. That he may be at all times apart from my visit. He was very polite and courteous. The food was very very good. I ordered the fish cakes as a special and mongolian bbq pancakes as my meal. My vhoices. The food was not salty. Very pleasent. The crab cakes could of done with a more oriental dip and the lamb was fatty. Although that said. My bad. The crabcakes were very nice with alot of crab and fresh spring onions. The lamb was fatty. That said fat gives the meat the taste andfor all I know mongolian pancakes are just this. A very enjoyable meal. Well worth visiting. The only reason value andathmosphere get 3/5 is I think it could be a tad cheaper that said the foodwas verygood. And as for atmosphere we were the only patrons present so on a different day it could bemore. Very good overall.