“helpful staff but cramped”
Review of The Thatched Inn

The Thatched Inn
Ranked #11 of 143 Restaurants in Bideford
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Nothing wrong with food and service but miserable evening in overheated and cramped garden room with a large group. Second time we have been disappointed although last time only the family of 3 but again squashed in what seemed to be a corridor. Don't think we will try a third time. Definitely no good for the claustrophobic

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We went there on the recommendation of a friend who lived in the area. We were not disappointed! The food and service were first class. The only 'downside' to the visit was that, when we first of all entered the premises, there were no members of staff about and no signs to indicate the location of the dining area. We wandered around the corridors until - eventually we found a member of staff who showed us to a table. This is why I have recorded 4 stars. Sort this out so your guests are able to find their way to the dining area and you should get 5 stars from everyone!!

Mark Anthony G, Manager at The Thatched Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Hi

Thank you so much for you review, this was something we had over looked. Being here everyday you do become very blinkered to the smaller details. Please rest assured that we are taking steps to insure signage is in the best possible places. Other than this we are so happy you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Went to The Thatched Inn for dinner today. I wasn't massively hungry so had something off the smaller tummys menu. Honestly, it was beautiful. The menu was a bit pricey but if what i had is any example, its well worth it. Oh and dogs are welcome in the bar or garden. They have wifi but its impossible to get a connection.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

This is a pub that I have highly recommended for a long time.
However on my long anticipated return today I have been exceedingly disappointed.
We arrived for lunch, a little late at around 2.
I had a browse through the menu, and was disappointed not to see my favourite, a T-bone that they used to cook to perfection, but it appears that it is no longer served.
This brings me to the second disappointment, on a Saturday afternoon, at 2ish they told us they weren't serving food, to me this seems reduculous.
I must admit I hadn't been to the pub for a while, and I'm not sure if it's change hands. However a lot of work has been done, to quite a high standard and it looks great, unfortionatly the old charm, like the T-bone, is now missing in action!

Mark Anthony G, Manager at The Thatched Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Hi All, Thank you all so much for the great reviews on here, We have all been working very hard over the past few months to bring a different twist to the traditional country pub and offer our customers something alittle more special here at The Thatched Inn. Our head chef Joe has been working hard to insure we use the best in local produce and source everything as local as possible. We are constantly evolving our menu to bring our customers choice and so unfortunately at times you may not see the dish you have been looking forward to on our menu. We do however offer a wide selection of great meals and steaks including a great 16oz Ribeye steak. The introduction of a new function room, Games room featuring a pool table, disabled facilities, a stunning new terraced garden and elegant new dining conservatory, really does give you everything you need when visiting your local.
We are open daily all year round (excluding Christmas Day) and during the school holidays we served food from 11am - 9pm however out of holiday season our kitchen is open 11am-2.30pm and 5pm-9pm with out fail. We kindly hope everyone enjoys there time with us and look forward to welcoming you all soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This Inn is one of the best pubs I have ever had a meal in, the staff are great and the food is out of this world, great menu and fine ale, you can't go wrong eating here, we went back four times in one week.