“The Ideal Break”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bideford
Hartland House Spa and Cottages
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I cannot go into enough detail about how incredible this place is. I stayed for a week, in a place so remote that a short walk was needed just to get phone signal, let alone internet. It made me realise how dependent I am on all those things which didn't even exist a few years ago, and how much they raise my stress levels. In the ideal surroundings of Hartland, in a bespoke cottage for two, everything about this location is set up for an enjoyable visit. I may sound like I'm exaggerating, but such was the accumulated experience, it's hard to write a review and just focus on the little details, as there was so much positivity that I couldn't even put into words. The food was incredible, the services fantastic, Mel (who was running the place) was a fantastic person, I couldn't have hoped for more.

Looking forward to a return visit as soon as possible!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank ma0sm
There are newer reviews for Hartland House Spa and Cottages

Reviewed 22 September 2012

If you need to unwind then this is the place for you; the location is stunning and the facilities and staff are brilliant. I am now a regular visitor to the spa to get a massage with one of the excellent therapists. A real asset for Hartland and the surrounding area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Trustmyreview999
Reviewed 15 August 2012

My friend an I booked a spa morning at this fabulous spa while we were staying in North Devon with our families. They are right on the website, the journey is somewhat rural and satnav is a must but it was worth it. Hartland Spa is absolutely stunning in its surroundings, Melissa and Claire were wonderfully attentive and the spa is a pure sanctuary, a perfect girls or couples retreat. We are booking a girlie weekend soon! I would definitely recommend Hartland House spa.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Cara M
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Took my partner for his birthday and although they advertise this as an afternoon package we actually had ours booked as a morning package which was perfect for us . We both had a fantastic time, the location is wonderful as is the service and the facilities. We made good use of all the facilities and were lucky enough to have a dry day so enjoyed our lunch out on the terrace. The treatments we booked as part of our package were wonderful. I had the luxury facial and my partner the Swedish massage both fantastic, it is such a relaxing atmosphere and although there were other guests we barely saw them so it felt very private. We left feeling very chilled and would defiantly book again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Clare F
Reviewed 18 July 2012

My friend and I recently spent a brilliant half day at this fab venue. The staff were exceptional with amazing attention to detail. Claire the beautician was superb, so professional! We will be back, I would love to think on a regular basis!! I fully recommend Hartland House Spa. Thank you everyone there.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Livvy57
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Have just returned from my daughter's hen weekend at Hartland House Retreat. The accommodation is excellent, the cottages are clean, well equipped and furnished. The spa is good and treatments done very professionally. Nothing is too much trouble when organising for the whims of a large party. Hopefully will return soon.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank lizziecard
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bideford
The Seagate Hotel
#8 of 11 in Bideford
West Country Inn
West Country Inn
#31 of 36 in Bideford

Been to Hartland House Spa and Cottages? Share your experiences!