“So, so lovely”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bideford
Hartland House Spa and Cottages
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I have jsut been on a hen weekend in this venue. The cottage we stayed in was absolutly perfect, the beds were so comfortable and it was so quaint and pretty. The spa facilities were lovely and the treatments people had with the massage therapist were all fabulous. It is in the middle of no-where and was perfect for a quiet weekend of relaxing, and a bit of walking. Would definately go again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lornatik

Reviewed 16 February 2013

I went here with my husband for a spa morning,from 10am - 2pm, we had such a warm welcome from Melissa, who gave us a handout of our treatment times, which was a nice touch, we had a locker each, which had a nice, big and cosy dressing gown in and slippers, the spa facilities are lovely , modern and clean, the swimming pool is so lovely and warm, I didnt want to get out, especially as I had the pool to myself, my husband enjoyed the sauna, we both enjoyed the jacuzzi,
i spent time in the relaxation room whilst waiting for my husband to finish his treatments, and i really did relax, reading the magazines and gazing out at the beautiful county views,
Megan did all our of treatments and was so lovely, the treatments were relaxing and she made us feel pampered, we had our afternoon tea after this at 1pm, which was delicious, the nicest scones I have had for a long time, and generous amounts of tea in the tea pot, i forgot to say that also on arrival Melissa offered us a lovely big pot of tea and some nice little flapjakcs which went down a treat! I wish we could visit every week, unfortunately we were visiting on holiday,I would advise anybody that is not local to allow extra time to get here, as it is really out in the country, i think we are just not used to the narrow roads, you really do feel like you are going on an expedition!, this spa is the best one I have been to, and I have been to a few, I think mainly due to the fact that Melissa is so welcoming,Megan was excellent at the treatments, the pool is so warm, lovely fresh food, and also it was nice that the two of us had the spa to ourselves for a few hours which really added to the enjoyment of our day. I didnt need to use them but there are hair straigteners and a hair dryer if you need them, keep up the good work girls,and anyone else behind scenes that we didnt meet, thank you, Helen and Lee

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Recently returned from a short break at Hartland House Spa and quite simply this is Devon hospitality as it shoud be. Excellent facilities, wonderful accommodation in a really pretty part of the country. Thank you Melissa and Megan

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2013

We came to Hartland House spa as a group of 6 for my 21st birthday. Melissa was very helpful when emailing her to arrange the day and when we got to the spa we weren't disappointed. We all had a lovely day, it was really quiet and so relaxing. The spa was amazing, the food was yummy and the therapists were lovely too! The treatments were also fab. We could not fault the day at all and we cannot wait to go back to Hartland House spa. BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!! :)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Louise J
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I have spent the day here today with my friend and we both had an amazing day!! We had the full day package the ONLY bad thing about the day is that it went way to quick!!! If you are thinking of booking half the day treat yourself and book the whole day! Melissa was really lovely and could not have done anything more for us! I am a vegetarian and she made sure that their was food i liked! Have never felt so relaxed! I am normaly ready to go home after a day out but could have truly stayed here forever! Our treatments were lovely and the whole place was immaculatly clean! Thank u so much for a lovely day! Cannot wait to come back again!!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Katie S
Reviewed 25 December 2012

Myself and a friend were booked in for a 'spa morning' and the only downside was, I wished it had been for the day!! The place is rural and out 'in the sticks', but even on a cold, wet day, the views were stunning. We were greeted by Melissa, who was very friendly and professional. We were provided with immaculately white fluffy robes, slippers and towels and served morning tea from a 'Cath Kidston' tea set..my fave range and a lovely touch for this middle aged mum! While my friend went downstairs to the treatment room, I was shown how to work the hot tub and sauna and then was left to enjoy them and a relaxing swim in the pool. Other clients appointments are staggered, so you get a feeling of solitude and peace. All too quickly, it was my turn to go to the treatment room to have my Indian head massage, and the shoulders and back massage was totally amazing! After this, we spent time in the tastefully decorated 'Relaxation room' and then it was time for lunch which consisted of sandwiches, a pot of tea and Devon scones, clotted cream and strawberry jam. My friend is allergic to strawberries, but this was no problem, as Melissa provided her with Devon apple jam...delicious! It would have been lovely to use the pool and spa again, but all too quickly, our time was up and we had to go. Every room was immaculately clean,beautifully decorated and warm. Soothing music added to the calm, relaxed atmosphere. I felt relaxed for days after....so well done Melissa and staff and Thankyou! I didn't realize this asset was on my doorstep, so now I know, I hope to return!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank DevonKinnielover
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I cannot go into enough detail about how incredible this place is. I stayed for a week, in a place so remote that a short walk was needed just to get phone signal, let alone internet. It made me realise how dependent I am on all those things which didn't even exist a few years ago, and how much they raise my stress levels. In the ideal surroundings of Hartland, in a bespoke cottage for two, everything about this location is set up for an enjoyable visit. I may sound like I'm exaggerating, but such was the accumulated experience, it's hard to write a review and just focus on the little details, as there was so much positivity that I couldn't even put into words. The food was incredible, the services fantastic, Mel (who was running the place) was a fantastic person, I couldn't have hoped for more.

Looking forward to a return visit as soon as possible!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo