“Family day out”

Atlantis Adventure Park
Reviewed 5 September 2012

fantastic day out for all the family. my husband took the children here why the girls went shopping at the factory outlet shopping centre right next door. The children had a great day looking for gold, trying to find all the gold coins in the maze to get a little prize at the end if u ever go to bideford bay be sure to take a trip here xx

1  Thank Christina B
"value for money"
in 12 reviews
"every staff member"
in 2 reviews
"great place for the kids"
"atlantic village"
in 8 reviews
"outlet shopping centre"
"local attractions"
"going home"

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Now I am not one for shopping and a retail outlet is the last place I would rather be seen during my holidays but this is not just a shopping outlet. Placed at the side of a retail outlet is a little haven for kidsand some adults that I am sure many people have looked in and decided that its just not worth it....... but oh it is ....it really is.......

The Admission prices are as follows (on 27th July 2012)

Children £ 8.50

Adults £ 4.95

Children under 2 £ 3.50

Senior Citizens £ 4.50

Now that seems pricey if you just look in through the gates but look around for some brochures and local press and you may find some discounts available. We allways look in local press as they usually have discounts for local attractions.

Now having visited the Big Sheep we were given discount vouchers to visit Atlantis and we are so glad that we did. It is a great little place for the kids (I suppose up to the ages of between 2 and up to 10 or 11) who will want to spend a good three or four hours having fun fun fun. I guess if yuo look through the entrance area (like we did) you only see a three or four rides but beyound that you will not see. They have an indoor play area for the younger kids a outdoor Pirates ship for the older kids ( some areas are suitable for younger Pirates) and the whole place seems to have the Pirate theme runing through it.

First Layer of the site they have Trampolines that they charge £ 4 per go and two for £ 6 but when we were there they had a special on that for £ 4 you could have two goes so as we have twins that was a a go each for them. Then they have the rides for the little kids, A Teddy Bears Hunny Pot ride that goes around and around and spins like a kiddies tea cup ride, then they have a round about with a boating theme, then they have a ship that goes to and fro. There is also a CAfe inside the large building to the left that also houses the indoor play area which kids from 1 - 11 can let of steam in any wet weather. The food is average for a touristy area and is very nicely presented and the coffee (not tea drinkers so can't comment) was OK if a little over priced.

Then up on the second level they have a very large Bouncing Pillow which is like a huge bed that we all can bounce on (even us dads) ...... The kids let off some steam on this one. Then they can feed the Goldfish for 20p and visit the shop for some averagely priced gifts. There is also a toilet block at the side of the shop that was the cleanes I have seen in a site of this type.

On the upper level they have a maze that has various signs to look out for to crack a code to allow the kids to win prizes in the shop. They are able to go to the Gold Gulch and pan for gold that they can also take to the shop to get a small prize. These prices are not big prizes but as they are free surely they cannot be expected to be high quality but even these are worth between 50p and a £1 for a notepad or some stickers. While we were there they had an additional Olympic quiz that was great fun and very topical for the kids to do. Again another prize was to be won. This top layer also houses the crazy golf area which for a hire of a golf ball (£ 1 deposit that was returned with the ball) and all the clubs available at the golf hut. Finally there were the Large Pirates Play Ship that the kids spend a hour on running around like fools letting their imagination run wild.

After all of this we then decided that the wife wanted to look around the shops so she got a few hours shopping done the kids had four hours of fun running around a great site and me well I just paid the money and watched my loved ones doing what they love most ........ spending my money !!!!!! But hey I am on holidays and that apparently is part of the fun.

So please if you are in the area and are looking through those gates thinking is it worth it .......

YES IT IS ..................

1  Thank whiteshodan
Reviewed 29 August 2012

It was very good for the children to have fun after shopping but they got bored after a while and we had to leave but overall it was ok

1  Thank Steven P
Reviewed 22 August 2012

From the outside doesn't look much with three rides for little ones run by one poor member of staff running backwards and forwards. Also annoying to be charged extra for the bungee trampoline however up the stairs there is a brilliant maze a fantastic climbing adventure area and panning for gold included with prizes for quizzes and the nicest staff. A great soft play area for little ones this was a god save on yet another rainy day! Pay to get in and come back for free another day really good value with a little outlet mall for grown ups as well

1  Thank Deborah C