“Locals that visit often”

Green Goose Cafe Bistro
Ranked #31 of 138 Restaurants in Bideford
Price range: US$3 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Great food at the heart of Bideford. Visit our light and airy restaurant for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea & cakes or for our evening menu. We have an outside courtyard and a private function room and can cater for parties up to 80.
devon
“Locals that visit often”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I tend to call in at least once a week for a drink and snack, its an excellent meeting place for friends. Had a lovely courtyard at the back too. The staff are friendly and the full english breakfast is wonderful, highly recommended!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Chrissie R

“Excellent”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Today we had a fantastic full English breakfast at the Green Goose. Good quality sausages and bacon, perfectly cooked eggs, friendly service and excellent value for money. I will be back!!

• Visited May 2013
Devon, United Kingdom
“Lovely place to eat in Bideford”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

A group of friends and I ate at the Green Goose on Saturday night, and the food was great. I had sea bream with risotto and rocket, and it was both beautifully cooked and had well balanced flavours. The food arrived piping hot, which is always a pleasure. We all enjoyed our meal, and felt very comfortable. The service was great - friendly, helpful, informative but not intrusive. Value was fine, and we were charged the set meal price for two courses without asking, which worked out cheaper than the price for each dish on the menu. It felt like they were really interested in our having a good time, and were happy to be fair about what we were charged. I'll try it for lunch next. Happy to recommend it as a place to enjoy good food in a nicely relaxed and stylish environment.

North Devon
“A superb evening”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I went to The Green Goose last night with some friends for a catch up and to give it a try. We had a table in the conservatory which was light, bright and had a good view across the restaurant. The service was just right; friendly and informed about the menu. I had a delicious spagetti with crab and prawns in a cream sauce and a mixed salad. Others on my table had the hallumi burger with skinny fries but left out the bun (a good move as the portion was generous) and the Sea Bream which was cooked perfectly, with crisp skin and succulent flesh. The desserts were also great. I had the tarte au citron which was obviously fresh and handmade. Unfortuantely it did not come with the clotted cream I was expecting but with squirty cream. When I commented on this at the end of the evening, the owner assured me that this would not be an ingredient that would feature on the menu again.
I will certainly be returning and would highly recommend this venue for a catch up with friends.

Bideford, United Kingdom
“Breath of fresh air”
Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

Fantastic morning spent having coffee and breakfast.the food was delicious and service excellent,catered well for my young boy.we felt very welcomed and not at all rushed!lots of future events planned there also,just what the small town needs