“Excellent Thai food.”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Popped in here for an evening meal while on our cycling tour. Didn't know what to expect.

Food (Veggie spring roll starter, 1 x stir-fry and 1 x red curry) very tasty and well presented. For the price, it was outstanding (very cheap).

Sticky rice desert unusual!

Pub atmosphere was good and everyone was very friendly. Good beer!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

The pub is very cosy with an open fire and friendly welcoming staff. The table service was excellent and the food was very good. Unlike most pubs this one sticks to authentic Thai food with a good selection of dishes on the menu for which you can pick and mix your own or go for the set menu. We ordered a couple of meat dishes some vegetables and some rice and it was plenty for 2 people. Each dish had it's own distinct flavour which was lovely, my only complaint would be that some of the dishes were a bit skimpy on the meat compared to the amount of sauce there was. It was good value too. If you are looking for a change from the regular pub grub then I would recommend a visit here.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Food was great and the service attentive :-) although initially when we walked in we were unsure due to the environment, expected more of a resturant style pub, the service and food didn't disappoint, the food was cooked fresh, was tasty and there was plenty of it :-)

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Following a search on trip advisor for somewhere different to eat in the Bideford area we were drawn by the great reviews for this pub. In the unlikely setting of a very traditional and simply decorated pub we found lovely Thai food, great beer with really friendly and welcoming service. The menu has everything you would expect to find with a quirky sticky sweet rice dessert, which is well worth a try! Overall, good value, great service and lovely Thai food and beer what more could you ask for!!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

The Appledore Inn is truly a hidden gem of Bideford, I have lived here for 16 years and until last weekend I had never stepped foot in there, or realised they serve Thai food! My partner and I visited to celebrate our anniversary- we had a tight budget but love Thai food so decided to try it out- as the prices meet the very reasonable pub standard. All I can say is I never leave full marks in any reviews I have written but today I will be! The service was absolutely spot on: relaxed and friendly, and very attentive, we wanted for nothing. As for the food- definitely the best Thai food we have tasted! Everything was hot, fresh and bursting with flavour. I am usually terrible for covering food in salt and pepper but I didn't need a drop here. It was lovely to be able to taste lemongrass and all the other fragrant flavours.
We left feeling extremely relaxed, full and happy, and will definitely be returning. This place is not well known enough for food in Bideford! I shall be telling all of my friends to try it!

1  Thank hcw87