“Coffee break”
Review of The Cornish Bakery

The Cornish Bakery
Ranked #43 of 147 Restaurants in Bideford
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Just been to the outlet centre for my wife to spend at M and S. Fancied a pasty and coffee. This place is the tops . Excellent range of different pasties sandwiches cream teas etc. Definitely worth 5 stars.

Jen R, Manager at The Cornish Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

We appreciate your 5 stars we pride ourselves on our service as well as our products.
We hope to see you again on your next visit

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Excellent service and delicious food! I was served by a lovely lady called Lyn who was professional but bubbly and friendly and made us feel very welcome. The thai chicken pasty was delicious as was the strawberry milkshake. I will definatley be back!

Thank you for your kind review, we have a great team here and I'm so pleased you enjoyed your experience as well as the pasties
We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Arrived at the end of the day with 6 adults and 6 children, one of whom immediately broke a sugar bowl. The two lovely ladies (17/8/17) were friendly and patient and helped us decide on a box of assorted pasties and a box of scones. Both pasties and scones were first rate - I baked 10,000 scones one summer in a North Devon tea cottage with an Egan Ronay star so I do know a little bit about them - and in Devon it is surprisingly possible to be served appalling scones - stale, re-heated, diminutive nonsense that makes me want to shout. These from the Cornish Bakery were large, tasty and the best I have had for a long time.
Thank you ladies, you deserve a G&T at the end of a hot day!

1  Thank Jonathan-Emma G
Jen R, Manager at The Cornish Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Thank you so much for your kind comments.
We pride ourselves on our fresh, local, handmade products so it's nice to know they are appreciated.
Equally I am proud of my team here in Bideford, they always go the extra mile for our customers and it's lovely when they receive the recognition they deserve.
We hope you visit us again soon

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Me and my partner visited with friends last month while on holiday before the kids broke up. (Atlantic village can get very busy in the holiday period) The pasties are fantastic, I had a Thai and my partner had a sweet potatoe and feta. Excellent service and a very nice coffee to wash it down! Will definitely return

1  Thank newtoreviews1

Thank you for your review, we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Staff make a business, and being blunt and unhelpful no matter how the food tastes leaves you not wanting to return or recommend. The sullen woman serving the drinks was cold unapproachable and how dare I ask if there was toilets. We went to another in Bude although the staff there were friendly we had eaten before the drinks came even though we had asked several times the whereabouts of them. It was not busy just us three and another table.

Jen R, Manager at The Cornish Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Hello
I am sorry you had a disappointing experience at two of our bakeries. We pride ourselves in the quality of products and our customer service. Please contact me at bideford@thecornishbakery so that I can gather some more information to carry out further training with my team.
Kind Regards