“Lets Get Saucy”

The Yorkshire Wolds Cookery School
Ranked #1 of 3 Food & Drink in Driffield
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Take your cooking to a new level whilst enjoying the Yorkshire Wolds landscape. The Yorkshire Wolds Cookery School, 6 miles from Driffield, aims to show you how to make superb food and have fun. The School has been finished to a very high specification with the latest appliances and equipment. There is no need to share on our day classes, we have plenty of blenders for everyone! There are four island cooking stations each with a Falcon Rangemaster induction hob and double oven. One of the stations can be lowered to accommodate people who may prefer to sit. Why not complete your stay in one of our nine on site 4* Bed and Breakfast rooms?
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Beverley, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Lets Get Saucy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

We did the sauce course yesterday with Linda Latus and it was fantastic. We covered 4 of the 5 'mother' sauces and acquired the understanding to enable us to turn a mediocre meal into a feast by the addition of the right sauce.
We can thoroughly recommend this fun and educational day to anyone who thinks a sauce comes out of a packet.

Roddy and Fran Horton

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Roddy H

Beverley, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Use your Loaf course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Thank you for a great day at your school I have really enjoyed myself and made some fabulous bread. Very big thank you to Linda Latus for sharing a few of her techniques on bread making.
Highly recommend the school to anyone who has a interest in cooking.

Paul Hawkins

2 Thank Paul3H
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“A really good day out - learned a lot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Great cookery class - south east Asian. Ali was a knowledgeable, friendly and helpful teacher and the class was really good fun. Our food was pretty good too!
Couldn't rate it more highly.

Alnwick, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Not quite what it says on the tin???”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

I did the Indian Cookery course recently! The resulting food which I ate at home was indeed delicious! However I was expecting much more on the combining of spices and creating our own curry pastes NOT using Patak's madras curry paste. Perhaps I will try the demonstration evening!
However if you're not confident about how to follow a recipe it would tick all the boxes.

Visited October 2013
AlisonHighfield, Manager at The Yorkshire Wolds Cookery School, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
I am sorry that the course did not quite meet expectations. However you may be pleased to know that next year we are delighted that Prett Tejura of Curry Cuisine will be carrying out a one day Indian Cookery Masterclass showing the skills of spice blending. Prett is regular with us having previously run the demonstration evenings, something that she is continuing to do in 2014. I do hope that we can welcome you back to The Yorkshire Wolds Cookery School in the future.
Scarborough, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Didn't want to leave!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

I received some vouchers as a Christmas gift. It took me a while to decide on which course to do as there were so many to choose from. In the end I opted for the cake decorating course run by Penny.
The school is set in a beautiful barn conversion. We were offered coffee/tea and some delicious flap jack as a welcome. Then we set to work in the very well organised kitchen. Everything we needed was set out. There were only 4 of us so I felt we got lots of Penny's attention. The cakes were already baked so all we had to do was decorate them. We all managed to produce an almost professional finish. Penny gave us tips and tricks on how to decorate cakes, which icing to use and most importantly how to fix mistakes! We had lunch of home made quiche, salad, bread followed by cake. I came away feeling very positive about future cakes and i'm now planning how to decorate this years Christmas cake. Everyone at the school was really friendly and it was a relaxed day. I didn't want to leave. I hope I get to go back again one day.

Visited September 2013