“New skills learnt to add to my cooking world”

The Yorkshire Wolds Cookery School
Ranked #1 of 3 Food & Drink in Driffield
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Take your cooking to a new level whilst enjoying the Yorkshire Wolds landscape. The Yorkshire Wolds Cookery School, 6 miles from Driffield, aims to show you how to make superb food and have fun. The School has been finished to a very high specification with the latest appliances and equipment. There is no need to share on our day classes, we have plenty of blenders for everyone! There are four island cooking stations each with a Falcon Rangemaster induction hob and double oven. One of the stations can be lowered to accommodate people who may prefer to sit. Why not complete your stay in one of our nine on site 4* Bed and Breakfast rooms?
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New skills learnt to add to my cooking world”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Thank you for another great day at the cookery school, new skills learnt should make me impress! As my wife said fantastic meal. Thankyou Linda for another great day. Thank you to all at the cookery school.This has been my fourth visit.

1 Thank Paul H

Barnoldswick, United Kingdom
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I attended a one-day One Pot Supper Course which was informative, intense, fun and enhanced my limited cooking skills. The course was well led by tutor Linda Latus and covered a range of meals – smoked haddock pots, sausage casserole, pot roast and lemon pudding. It has encouraged me to experiment further and develop my cooking repertoire. The results have been very good and appreciated by family members. I would strongly recommend the Yorkshire Wolds Cookery School courses.

1 Thank John P
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Lets Get Saucy”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We did the sauce course yesterday with Linda Latus and it was fantastic. We covered 4 of the 5 'mother' sauces and acquired the understanding to enable us to turn a mediocre meal into a feast by the addition of the right sauce.
We can thoroughly recommend this fun and educational day to anyone who thinks a sauce comes out of a packet.

Roddy and Fran Horton

1 Thank Roddy H
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Use your Loaf course”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Thank you for a great day at your school I have really enjoyed myself and made some fabulous bread. Very big thank you to Linda Latus for sharing a few of her techniques on bread making.
Highly recommend the school to anyone who has a interest in cooking.

Paul Hawkins

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Paul3H
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“A really good day out - learned a lot”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Great cookery class - south east Asian. Ali was a knowledgeable, friendly and helpful teacher and the class was really good fun. Our food was pretty good too!
Couldn't rate it more highly.

Visited October 2013