“GREAT MEAL”

The Falling Stone
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I looked at the reviews on Trip Advisor before I booked a table and decided to believe the recent favourable comments rather than some of the others. I booked a table and the three of us went over on a Friday night.
The menu was not extensive, but we were assured that the pate and the two soups were homemade. The pate was excellent and the prawn cocktail was also satisfactory. For main course I went for the steak pie and the other two had steaks. The quality of the beef was excellent and the selection of vegetables was good. The chips were some of the nicest I've had for a long time.
Service was good and the landlord was very attentive. A clever move when I asked for a doggy bag was to send us home with a ceramic dish as he said they had plenty of them. Of course we are going back to return the dish and will hopefully enjoy another excellent meal.

1  Thank sadiesmum186345

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Whilst staying in Wold Newton over the weekend we came across this lovely little pub. There were 6 adults and a baby all starving and in search of some pub grub. Unfortunately we got there at 4pm and were told the restaurant didn't open until 6pm. We decided to have a drink anyway and while we were waiting the bar man got on the phone to the chef and he came in early just for us!!! What service!!! The food was completely gorgeous and everyone enjoyed there dinner. We were far too full for pudding but had one anyway and were not disappointed. This is a lovely relaxing country pub with excellent food and incredible service. Couldn't have asked for more. We will be back!

1  Thank hayleymakeup
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We booked a table for 7.30 and arrived early. There was no-one in the restaurant but for some reason asked to sit at a table in the bar. There were 4 other people in the bar. After about 20 mins they were seated in the restaurant. Another 20 mins and we were asked to go to a table. eventually we were served our starter, it was OK.
Then we sat and waited. No indication was given about our main course and we began to think perhaps the pig hadn't been killed, yet!. We sat and waited. After we had been there for a total of 75 minutes we decided the joke was over. We paid for the wine and the first course. I told a lie and we left. My wife can't cope with confrontation - hence the lie. The 2 young men running the show were friendly people but clearly had had no
training or experience in restaurant work. Some you win!!!

3  Thank hattyfakes
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Just reopened after being closed for a couple of months, New landlord very friendly guy, has are all the locals. Starting meals and B&B in a few days with a New chef and menu. Four of us spent a lovely few hours in there company. Recommended.

3  Thank GemSearcher
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We've just gone to the Falling Stone. Really nice food and good service. I'd recommend for a good family dinner - friendly staff and a welcoming atmosphere. S